TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SAW Haunted house/maze for Southern California

Southern Californians I announce the coolest maze idea in the history of man kind. This sounds so amazing that if I don't go I will cry.

So what do you think about this awesome sounding haunt.

The link below provides a teaser as well as a myspace page for the attraction with location, tickets, and times

www.livesaw.com/

So awesome

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ You beat me to it, that's exactly what i was wondering. I mean, one or 2 screaming girls yelling "help me" is ok for an entire haunted house, but I can't see one that's based around it. As a closet Haunted House enthusiast, I can either see this being really awesome, or absolutely terrible. Right now I'm leaning towards the latter. I mean the movies weren't... scary... they were just gory as all hell. If that's what they're trying to base an entire haunted house around then I can see more people getting sick then scared.

On the other hand, if they make this interactive, where people actually ARE the victims, that could be interesting. It would take some skill to pull off (and probably a waiver or two), but if done right it could be a really great haunted house. I've always wanted to see a really interactive haunted house like that (i.e. the HHN ultimate scare house or whatever it was being called).

My guess is there will be plenty of victims, plenty of the pig headed attackers, a few motion activated animatronic scares themed to the traps from the movies, and a few of the dolls thrown in for fun, the one from Saw 4 comes to mind. I'll definitely put this on the list, but it's pretty far down with other things that I want to do first.

My understanding is that you are supposed to be a victim and it is some kind of fear test as that was a website disclaimer on the myspace. Also this will probably be a different kind of event. I am a huge saw fan so I really want to do this haunt. Does anyone know how far Irvine is from Brea?

^ I think it's like 20 minutes away.

As for the maze, I'm kinda curious as to how they are gonna pull it off. I'm gonna agree with everyone else and say that the SAW movies weren't scary. At all. So I wanna see how they pull it off. But at $13...I'll wait for someone to post pics and a review of it first.

---Brent

• 3 weeks later...

Event Report: The Official Saw Haunted Attraction

* Event Report

* Ghastly Gatherings

* Saw

The Official Saw Haunted Attraction (click for larger image)Halloween is almost here! Sure, everyone loves junk food and horror movie marathons, but there's one thing we at Dread Central crave more than anything: The wonderful world of haunted mazes! California residents have long flocked to events like Universal's Halloween Horror Nights and Knott's Scary Farm for their fright fix, but this year there's a new entity in town: The Official Saw Haunted Attraction which launched this week in Orange County and runs through the entire month of October.

The good folks behind the event invited the Dread gang to the opening night festivities and we can easily say that fans will absolutely love this attraction. You know you're in for a great maze when children run out crying and we stroll up just in time to see a terrified 3-year-old clutching his mother. The kid is clearly traumatized for life while the "Parent of the Year" seems shocked by lil' Billy's reaction to a Saw live show.

Needless to say, this isn't the kind of family-friendly event that sports actors in white ghost sheets. The 10,000 square foot attraction delivers all the gore and mayhem found in the series. Starting with Saw IV, the maze takes attendees through all the major set-pieces in reverse-chronological order (ending up at the infamous bathroom from the first film). Most of the iconic sets and traps from the franchise have been lovingly recreated right down to the graphic details and along the way are plenty of twisty dark corridors, live mutilations and men in pig masks who jump out to jolt scared visitors. And what Saw maze would be complete without having you participate in a booby trap or two?

From www.dreadcentral.com/story/event-report-the-official-saw-haunted-attraction#comment-8735

I heard this is supposedly the scariest house in So Cal. I know for a fact they you have to walk over that hole full of needles from saw 2 and I heard rumors that they lock you into the bathroom from thew first SAW movie. I am a die hard saw fan so this is madatory.

I went to this on Saturday night, and boy it was good! Apparently my sister's friends are the one's who put it on, which I didn't even know and it was an amazing maze. It was long, good scares, and very unpredictable. No cameras are allowed in side, and they make you shut your cell phones off before you go in. Very fun!

Alright so here are a few details. The price is $13 per person or $20 for front of line pass, DO THE FRONT OF LINE PASS IF THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE! The maze takes a good 15-20 minutes to walk through I would say.If you are claustrophobic, don't go, even the least bit. There is one part, "rebirth" where you walk through a probably 10 foot stretch pitch black, no light, and it is impossible to see and you are being pushed in from all sides, it is intense.

This was the best maze I have ever seen. Period. They have actual video clips from the fifth movie that plays on the outside and the details in the maze are truly amazing. Blood splatter everywhere, and the thing that I was shocked to see was one spot where a girl was in an electric chair with the head smasher thing on I believe, IT WAS A REAL GIRL! Everyone in the maze did a GREAT job scaring! There is no lack in detail anywhere. I only saw one of the movies, entirely, and I can tell you if you are a huge saw fan, you will truly fall in love. I want to do it again so I can look at some of the scenes again. The very beginning is great. There is a TV message from jigsaw that tells you how to begin the maze, and it is suspenseful and tricky. I wish I paid more attention to the rooms so I could give a better description, but just wow.

9.5/10

Alright so here are a few details. The price is $13 per person or $20 for front of line pass, DO THE FRONT OF LINE PASS IF THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE! The maze takes a good 15-20 minutes to walk through I would say.If you are claustrophobic, don't go, even the least bit. There is one part, "rebirth" where you walk through a probably 10 foot stretch pitch black, no light, and it is impossible to see and you are being pushed in from all sides, it is intense.

This was the best maze I have ever seen. Period. They have actual video clips from the fifth movie that plays on the outside and the details in the maze are truly amazing. Blood splatter everywhere, and the thing that I was shocked to see was one spot where a girl was in an electric chair with the head smasher thing on I believe, IT WAS A REAL GIRL! Everyone in the maze did a GREAT job scaring! There is no lack in detail anywhere. I only saw one of the movies, entirely, and I can tell you if you are a huge saw fan, you will truly fall in love. I want to do it again so I can look at some of the scenes again. The very beginning is great. There is a TV message from jigsaw that tells you how to begin the maze, and it is suspenseful and tricky. I wish I paid more attention to the rooms so I could give a better description, but just wow.

9.5/10

SOLD

The way to start the maze is the best beginning to a maze ever. They show a video with jigsaw and he gives you instructions, there are 4 tubes with red buttons on the inside, to begin you must set all 4 off at the same time. You are treated to a nice little surprise once all are activated. The ending is also amazing because you walk into a bathroom and you can see the exit, yet you know it is too simple and something else is coming. I won't give it away, but chainsaw's are involved and you have to run.

^^That's getting me closer to being sold on the idea. I can't be totally sold on it because I would need to experience it for that to happen (traveling from Michigan to California for a haunted house just isn't going to happen). But I'm very happy that they are involving guests with different things.

^ I would guess anywhere between 2-6 based on other haunted houses, if this one is similar. Because of the interaction I would say no more then 6, but you never know. The "interactive" haunted house near here (also my favorite) called The Realm Of Darkness I think limits groups to 6 people each.

I believe the group can be as large as 10 but I am not sure. I went with my sister and brother and law. My sister ended up going with her two friends who work it so we wouldn't scare her, which we would have, so we just went the two of us. I think the ideal number would be from four to eight. Two was not enough but each monster so to say had fun with the two of us. They decided to send out a message to all the workers saying we were coming through, which made it even more fun.