TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm in line for Dare Devil Dive in technical rehearsal. This is not a drill. I repeat: this is not a drill!

Superman is my favorite floorless coaster.  I love the forces and that layout.  It also surprised me last time when I stopped at the nearby shopping mall and saw it poking above the quarry up there.

^^ It was today, Bert — from about 11:15am to 2:00pm. The mask business was bad. I'm over getting bent out of shape about such things, but I did get a few stealth-creeper snapshots to send to fri

Posted Images

Time for my weekly update. Things are coming along nicley, still no changes to the rest of the ride

Thats a big pile of track

Another nice surprise

First time all season, that I have seen the globe on skyscreamer lite up

This is my evil idea for the layout. This idea is to use all of the existing footers exactly but with a few changes (especially at the end).

1169877-XZQLRLX.thumb.png.90ffcab98023c371437f134186ba0e7c.png

This is exactly why you don't have a girlfriend! lol

Edited by robbalvey

I LOVE MS Paint coaster!

^Hmm. I wonder if that would work. The tunnel isn't really in a straight line, so it might be kind of difficult to make a barrel roll work inside there. I'll just be happy if they keep the tunnel at all!

By the way, Mrlittle, we apparently went to high school together. Small world!

Yes, they need to keep the tunnel, maybe they will just make it a disco tunnel like NTAG tunnels.

And yes it is a small world after all. I did not think I meet any others from the land of the Pear on here.

I think the tunnel is too small for an inversion, although a Hades-like extreme banked turn could go in there...

As for Pearland: The Judy's, one of the most epic bands of all time, were from Pearland. In fact, you're the right age that if your parents are even slightly cool, "Washarama" was probably playing when you were conceived.

I love the idea of a Hades-esque banked turn in the tunnel.

Also, I've asked my mom before about the Judy's and she doesn't remember them, but my best friend's dad is a die-hard fan! I've listened to some of their stuff. They're pretty good I guess. Maybe you had to be there.

Also, I've asked my mom before about the Judy's and she doesn't remember them, but my best friend's dad is a die-hard fan! I've listened to some of their stuff. They're pretty good I guess. Maybe you had to be there.

You have to take into account the timeframe. At that point (early-mid 80's) everything was keyboard-heavy synth pop or guitar-heavy hair bands. There were basically those two sounds coming out of the radio (plus country, since this is Texas) and that was it.

The Judy's had a drummer and a bass player. That was it. In later years they got Barbara Donoho from The Dishes (another local band) and so there was keyboard, but still nothing like the synth pop of the day. Their sound was so utterly in-your-face unique that they became something of the poster band for the non-conformists.

Also, their biggest hit was a totally danceable ditty about the Jim Jones tragedy in Guyana. How's that for contrast?

MS Paint and Roller Coasters...I thought we had evolved past this!

Psh, I've totally evolved past this!

I use Adobe Illustrator now.

This is my evil idea for the layout. This idea is to use all of the existing footers exactly but with a few changes (especially at the end).

[attachment=0]1169877-XZQLRLX.png[/attachment]

This is exactly why you don't have a girlfriend! lol

That would have been funny a month ago

Haters gunna hate! My computer skills hardly go past paint, and hey, NRAT's near my house so I kind of care

The latest rumor from Lance. His sources claim the ride will be very similar to New Texas Giant and will incorporate various over 90º banked turns as well as a thrilling twist.

2013 - Iron Rattler - Rumor - (8/28/12) In addition to the single inversion, Iron Rattler is said to take a queue from Texas Giant and feature a good number of 90º or more overbanked turns. One of these in particular is suppose to really provide a good thrill, as it will take place as the train leaves the cliff-top, banking as you go over the edge and dive towards the ground. Sounds incredible… and I don’t mind saying that at this point Iron Rattler could very well be one of the best new coasters of 2013 if it lives up to The Texas Giant.
Final Predictions for iRON Rattler : Tallest Drop, one inversion and insane amounts of air time. And inside the tunnel will be a DISCO TUNNEL

I'd love that soo much! Bring on the airtime! If this is as cool as I hope, I will definitely do my first Texas trip next summer and ride these 2 RMC giants!

All I know is that I hope they don't hold out til after Aug 30th to make their announcement. It seems like all of the other parks have pretty much stated they're making their announcements on 8/30 but it seems like SFFT has held out from saying anything about any announcements. *crossing my fingers* hope we hear something along with all of the other parks.

All I know is that I hope they don't hold out til after Aug 30th to make their announcement. It seems like all of the other parks have pretty much stated they're making their announcements on 8/30 but it seems like SFFT has held out from saying anything about any announcements. *crossing my fingers* hope we hear something along with all of the other parks.

Don't feel so bad, SFMM hasn't even acknowledged their is going to be a new ride or anything. We have heard anything out of them whether it be on facebook or anything.

Could use a full POV

I guess that's more of a zero g than straight up barrel roll, so they can still claim a first ever on this I guess. This looks so amazing though, and while amputating classic rides to make these things is somewhat sad, they seem to be turning out as incredible rides.

I have to give them credit for being very fluid with this ride and letting RMC do some tricks and change it up a little. When I left the park in early 2011 this ride was very much in the works. At the time there was both 100% topper track designs and IH designs floating around. All of them had some plus or minus to them and none of them had an inversion. It is good to see that in the end they continued to look at more concepts and not settle. RMC I think is going to be an new breed of coaster company and these IH coasters maybe the next "Big" think when it comes to coasters.

Ryan

main_SANAIronRattler.jpg.77e54ae787e0b133be91393d135cd5ba.jpg

Innovative Technology Drives Taller Drops, Faster Speeds and Steeper Banks and Turns

Six Flags Fiesta Texas announces plans to unveil its newest addition and structural landmark as the highly anticipated hybrid coaster Iron Rattler will make its’ dashing debut next spring at Six Flags Fiesta Texas.

The Iron Rattler will be a unique technological marvel combining a classic wooden support structure with modern track and rails crafted of steel, allowing for unprecedented smooth and swift over-banked turns and inversions never before experienced on either a traditional steel or wooden coaster. Utilizing state-of-the-art Iron Horse Track™©® the innovative Iron Rattler will provide four over-banked turns, the most of any hybrid coaster today, and will be the first to deliver an inverted barrel roll for an awe-inspiring adventure in and around the surrounding 100-ft. quarry wall setting!

With its unique construction, the Iron Rattler will have:

• A staggering drop of 171 feet with an amazing drop angle of 81 degrees.

• A blazing top speed of 70 mph.

• Four over-banked turns — more than any other hybrid coaster, and the first of its kind to

feature a completely inverted barrel roll.

The Iron Rattler will be a force to be reckoned with and a unique technological marvel, combining a classic wooden support structure with modern track and rails crafted of steel . “Six Flags has innovation as part of our DNA and the Iron Rattler will take extreme innovation to a new level with a taller drop, faster speed and steeper banks. This cutting-edge coaster truly marries the best of both classic and modern coaster designs to deliver heart-pounding thrills,” said park president Martin Bozer.

The steel track will be constructed by Rocky Mountain Construction Group, the same group that helped design the New Texas Giant at Six Flags Over Texas. According to Tim Baldwin, editor of Rollercoaster! Magazine, "The Rattler’s transformation is expected to be nothing short of spectacular. This innovation is so new in the amusement industry; it has only been done once before. The results were tremendous, and Six Flags Fiesta Texas' project should be equally amazing."

Edited by robbalvey