TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 288: New B&M Dive Machine Announced!

Riding this thing a week from tomorrow!  As well as Iron Rattler and WW for the first time.  Figure it's a strong addition to SFFT overall.  I'm not like Dive Coaster super fan or anything but I always feel like they strongly improve a day at a theme park for most.  

I left the area as this was opening, so I'll give it a whirl when I return in a couple of weeks. Out in SoCal right now, so I'll likely head over to SFMM and check out their new one in the meantime. I seem to like B&M dive coasters more than the average coaster dweeb, and I'm anticipating that this one will prove more fun than thrilling. I'm surprised, though, that the final airtime hill is allegedly quite tame. Seeing the track profile in person a few weeks ago definitely made me think it'd cause brutal ejection. Initial video reports suggest otherwise, with and without a full train. Fine by me as I'm not particularly fond of thigh-smashing jolts.

if anyone was wondering, I "disappeared" from online for a bit due to an illness and death (that I don't think I'll ever be over).

so I missed the grand opening, VIP party, and all the events surrounding the opening of Dr. Diabolical.  

i'm going to attempt a visit to the park this coming week (the last week of daily summer operations), as I'm still off work for bereavement. . . tho not sure i'll be up for actually riding anything, I'm going to try.
So will see how it goes, and if I like the new ride.

bert

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, bert425 said:

not really. . . it's not even been two weeks since my Spouse passed.

but I'm trying.

That's what I get for not properly reading posts.  I truly am sorry, both for the insensitive nature of my post but moreso for your loss.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, bert425 said:

not really. . . it's not even been two weeks since my Spouse passed.

but I'm trying.

Words on a forum cannot possibly express... I know this community including myself are here to support you. 

On 8/7/2022 at 1:00 PM, bert425 said:

if anyone was wondering, I "disappeared" from online for a bit due to an illness and death (that I don't think I'll ever be over).

so I missed the grand opening, VIP party, and all the events surrounding the opening of Dr. Diabolical.  

i'm going to attempt a visit to the park this coming week (the last week of daily summer operations), as I'm still off work for bereavement. . . tho not sure i'll be up for actually riding anything, I'm going to try.
So will see how it goes, and if I like the new ride.

bert

Hey, you know I would be there Friday if I didn't live 900 miles away. Proud of you for the effort and whatever you end up doing that day is fine, whether you ride anything or not! Hopefully everyone will put this in perspective and maybe we can play nice for a while on here.

For those that don't know it was through this forum that I met Bert and his wonderful husband and made the decision to meet them when they ventured forth to SFSTL 3 years ago, despite not being at my best that day after an ill advised neighborhood Mom's bourbon tasting party to celebrate the end of the school year the night before 🥴🥃; and I am so glad I was able to make such good friends that day. 

• Like 1