TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 288: New B&M Dive Machine Announced!

4 minutes ago, prozach626 said:

So... SFFT best park in the chain?

Made a quick stop st SFFT last year for my bachelor party. Of the Six Flags parks I've been to, it's probably the one I'd most want to return to in the chain, with SFOG coming in second. Haven't yet visited SFOT, SFMM, SFDK, or SFM.

yes. . because it includes parking, and it has no blackout dates.

and yes, good for all outdoor parks.

For me, SFMM is the winner for best park in the chain. While I liked SFFT, it really offered nothing special beyond the 'typical' SF experience and I left a touch disappointed given all the rave for the place over the years. I have had nothing but great experiences at SFMM and the ride collection is top notch and I'd take the mountainous views at SFMM over the quarry at SFFT. I'd probably give #2 in the chain to SFGam followed by SFGadv... Then I'd throw in SFFT, personally. It's been too long since I've been to SFoG, but they have not really added anything since worth a visit back... So maybe that answers my question there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Invertalon said:

For me, SFMM is the winner for best park in the chain. While I liked SFFT, it really offered nothing special beyond the 'typical' SF experience and I left a touch disappointed given all the rave for the place over the years. 

I live closer to SFFT now but never quite understood the super-rave reviews either. It doesn't stop me from going and marathoning iRat and Superman, and I certainly don't dislike the place, but SFMM wins out by a long shot for me in terms of scenery, theming, ride selection, and overall experience.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, jarmor said:

^Sooo. . . you're basing your ranking off of ride collection more so over variety, flow and aesthetics?

No. The entire experience. Rides are included, of course. But I'm more into the entire "experience" these days then just rides.

On 5/9/2022 at 9:00 AM, KBrylczyk said:

Easily.

I disagree even tho its my home park.  ive had killer times at GAd and OG and OT is ok also.  the one two of Ka and Toro and Goliath and Twisted Cyclone are better than IRat and ....?? Dont get me wrong Fiesta is still great but some really stan it.  Maybe Dr D will sway me but Ive yet to try MM.

4 hours ago, Bamwa said:

I disagree even tho its my home park.  ive had killer times at GAd and OG and OT is ok also.  the one two of Ka and Toro and Goliath and Twisted Cyclone are better than IRat and ....?? Dont get me wrong Fiesta is still great but some really stan it.  Maybe Dr D will sway me but Ive yet to try MM.

There are more to parks than coasters.  I'll put in in CF terms, maybe that'll help:

Cedar Point, without any argument, ultimately has the better top-tier lineup of coasters than Kings Island.  No one will question that.  However, many people believe that KI is the overall "better park" - I'm one of them.   KI just blows CP out of the water in terms of ride operations, Fast Lane offering and access design, food operations, food offerings, layout, overall quality of of coasters, and type of adult flats.   Others really love Knott's Berry Farm for all of the shows and the historic Ghost Town section.  Point is, you can't judge the quality of a park simply by it's top two coasters.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Bamwa said:

As Mike notes. . there's *way* more to parks than coasters, and SFFT has incredible theming thruout, and the location is just lovely.

it also has unique flats, and multiple 1st of their kind (or rare) coasters.   And Dr. Diabolical is absolutely gonna be a draw, as the 1st Dive Coaster in Texas (and a unique design)

if you wanna talk 1-2 thrill ride punch:

Iron Rattler - Daredevil Dive
Superman - WonderWoman
Iron Rattler - Joker
Poltergeist - Superman

and for the more general, non thrill seeker riders?
Rockin at Rockville Show - Christmas Show at Zaragoza
&
a huge 1-2 punch is:   Bug's Bunny Whitewater Rapids (flume) - Hustler.    (both really unique for a Six Flags, and I know folks who come to SFFT just for those)

Everyone likes different things. I totally get why people might prefer Magic Mountain or Great Adventure just because of their insane coaster lineups, I just never thought I'd see the day that someone told me they liked Magic Mountain because of the scenery and theming.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

Everyone likes different things. I totally get why people might prefer Magic Mountain or Great Adventure just because of their insane coaster lineups, I just never thought I'd see the day that someone told me they liked Magic Mountain because of the scenery and theming.

nahh. . they're wrong, we're right :)

• Haha 2

I do have to give SFMM credit for really stepping up their operations.  Everybody thought for sure that once the park went 365 days a year, half the rides would be down.  But that largely hasn't been the case.  All the rides are fully staffed, and most food locations are open.  Sure it may be only 1 train ops, but on the light week days, that's all they need.  Add to that the new wait times monitors now up throughout the park, improved Flass Pass/FOL pass on the phone, and mobile food ordering, it's moved up a great deal as a better park to visit.

Meantime at Knott's, which I could argue is a better park experience, is often so overcrowded nowadays, ops only so-so, and food lines that stretch forever and move glacially (with no mobile food ordering option available), I'd argue that I have a better time at SFMM than Knott's.  Knott's has become a victim of its own success, with little being done to improve their infrastructure.  SFMM is currently the exact opposite.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Manic Monte said:

Although I like the theming at SFFT, I'd stop way short of calling it incredible.  Nice theming for a SF park, but nowhere near parks like Silver Dollar City, Dollywod or even Knotts.

Rockville, Crackaxle area, los festivales. . all "incredible" theming, for any theme park. . and yes, top of the SF chain in terms of theming.

also falling under "incredible" theming?  The queue lines for:  Pirates, Joker, and Poltergeist

and the amount of planting and new benches put in over the past several months have improved the look of the park even more.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 10:15 AM, coasterbill said:

Have to agree unless "desert wasteland" at SFMM and "crack house chic" at SFGAdv is considered theming. 

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Manic Monte said:

Although I like the theming at SFFT, I'd stop way short of calling it incredible.  Nice theming for a SF park, but nowhere near parks like Silver Dollar City, Dollywod or even Knotts.

Perhaps but the original point was in comparison to the other SF parks.