TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 278: Mardi Gras Festival 2021 details announced!

Going to San Antonio for the first time this week. Have reservations for SFFT Thursday. Plan to use my 4 free one time Flash Passes on Iron Rattler, Superman, Poltergeist, and Road Runner. Hoping I won’t really need them on a Thursday, but it is spring break. Going to see the Alamo Friday morning and then Seaworld. Only interested in Texas Stingray, Steel Eel, and WaveBreaker so if I get done early with Seaworld I might make another stop at SFFT before going out to ZDT’s. 

I have reserved preferred parking at SFFT. How is it set up there? Trying to avoid what happened at SFOT where it wasn’t very clearly marked and I had to cut across 5 lanes to get into the preferred parking area. 

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^ I think it's a sign Hell has frozen over, and maybe the GOP Senators will vote to convict

Park President Jeffrey Siebert has been sharing some wonderful pictures online! (I did mention to him I was going to post them here at TPR)  

Now, Bill. . you have to search for the clinical term:  "Blueprints shaped like penis"

Posted Images

I thought preferred parking was pretty easy to get to compared to Over Texas.  Just follow the cones and you'll see the sign along the right side.  Make sure to get your preferred parking pass from the original parking booth; they will ask to see that.

When I was there a few weeks ago, Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster was eligible for Flash/Skip-the-line passes.  Not sure if that was just a spring break thing, though.  

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, clippers6 said:

Going to San Antonio for the first time this week. Have reservations for SFFT Thursday. Plan to use my 4 free one time Flash Passes on Iron Rattler, Superman, Poltergeist, and Road Runner. Hoping I won’t really need them on a Thursday, but it is spring break. Going to see the Alamo Friday morning and then Seaworld. Only interested in Texas Stingray, Steel Eel, and WaveBreaker so if I get done early with Seaworld I might make another stop at SFFT before going out to ZDT’s. 

I have reserved preferred parking at SFFT. How is it set up there? Trying to avoid what happened at SFOT where it wasn’t very clearly marked and I had to cut across 5 lanes to get into the preferred parking area. 

you can't miss the preferred parking at Fiesta. . you pass it 1st, before you get to the General parking.   (there will be someone at the entrance cones to the preferred area).

as to your Flash Pass - personally, I would not waste them on Superman (it's a people eater. . . even if a long line, it moves fast), or Roadrunner (which can get long lines if the park is crowded, but at the end of the day it's an Arrow Mine train.  a good one, but still).

I'd use those 2 "saved" skip the lines for Wonder Woman (capacity is awful, and the ride is incredible), and Joker (due to the queue, they often run non-full cycles, as it takes them a long time to get folks thru the fun-house -  which is AWESOME by the way, and the Flash Pass gets you in line just in front of the funhouse instead of the long snaking queue.

it's your 1st time at the park so will mention:  Poltergeist Flash Pass will put you directly in the Station (it's the best skip the line in the park), Iron Rattler puts you one ramp down from the station - but they have been holding the general line before that point, so it's basically a station wait.   The issue you'll have is if the park IS crowded?  the Iron Rattler flash pass entrance is a decent way inside the main queue - so if busy, and the line spills out of the queue?  you'll have to get past people to get to the Flash Pass entrance.   (same thing with Wonder Woman - flash pass entrance is way down in the queue, so you'll have to "excuse me" past a lot of folks to get to that entrance. . . but people are polite at SFFT and will move over to let you pass).

rides unique to SFFT not to miss:
Hustler (it's teacups themed to pool balls.. fantastic)
Daredevil Dive (newest ride, so might have a wait)
the boardwalk spinner rides:   Spinsanity (next gen Tilt-a-whirl) & Wave Runner (Huss Scrambler that runs a great program)
Pirates of the Deep Sea (also on Boardwalk, behind wave runner) - an inhouse created dark shooting ride.  Impressive as all hell for a Six Flags park.
Bug's Whitewater Rapids. (a wonderfully themed flume ride in the Spassburg section.  It's been down for refurb on my last visit in late Feb, but I think is supposed to be back up?)

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the advice dankeykang and Bert. I didn’t know Wonder Woman Flash Pass had reopened. I’ll get that in place of Superman. Not a huge fan of pendulums, but I kind of want to go through the funhouse. Might try and hit it early and chicken exit after the funhouse. 

Rough day so far. Poltergeist and IRat not operating. Most flats closed. 

I also apparently don’t fit on Wonder Woman. Was a little surprised. I’ve never not fit on a ride before. I would say I have about the same body shape as Robb Alvey and am smaller than a lot of the people I’ve seen ride on YouTube. I fit in the seat, but the restraint won’t go down low enough for the center seat belt to clip. I’m 6’1 which I don’t think is uncommonly tall. 

Currently in the station for Superman. Ride is down. 

• Sad 1

Sometimes those shoulder belts gets real sticky and don't like to move.  May want to try using your shoulders to pull them out a bit more once you sit down?

2 hours ago, tndank said:

Sometimes those shoulder belts gets real sticky and don't like to move.  May want to try using your shoulders to pull them out a bit more once you sit down?

I think I could have made it happen if I pushed hard enough. Ride op was pushing hard, trying to make it work which I appreciated a lot. But it was already so uncomfortable I could only imagine how banged up I would get on the actual ride. Shoulder restraints hit the back of my head when I try to pull them down; have to kind of snake my way into them. Maybe I just haven’t been paying attention, but never heard of raptors being fluffy/tall unfriendly before. 

Love how beautiful this park is and have loved the city of San Antonio so far. Love all the 90s music they play here! Going to come back tomorrow and try to get on IRat. Park has pretty much emptied out. Surprised they have so many bands playing. They’re attracting less than a dozen people per show. Seems like they could have used that money to open 1 or two more rides. Got on Superman, Goliath, Pirates, Road Runner, and the train. Didn’t fit on WW and didn’t want to do Pandemonium solo. No other coasters open (didn’t check the kiddie coaster). Road Runner ride op said this is the slowest she’s ever seen on that ride. 

Bit of a disappointment, but will try again tomorrow. 

• Like 1

WonderWoman is SUPER fluffy friendly.

did you try the test seat out front?   try it tomorrow and check. . it could be that you just got in a weird seat with shorter connector or something?  (when I was there last month, they tried to tell me I was too big and I assured them that I have ridden this coaster dozens of times. . . and after moving back one seat, fit no problem.

so you may just have gotten a "bad" seat. . . try the tester out front tomorrow to confirm if you can fit.  (its' just to the left of the entrance)

IMG_4393.JPG

On 1/18/2021 at 3:03 PM, jedimaster1227 said:

Six Flags Fiesta Texas has sent us a press release about the return of the annual Mardi Gras Festival at Six Flags Fiesta Texas including several new experiences that will debut this year!

603668844_SFFTMardiGrasLogo.thumb.png.4ff8da34317ff4d02e7febc17fe4a67d.png

The 5th Annual Mardi Gras Festival returns to Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Stroll through different Mardi Gras villages and experience a new voodoo-themed walk-through, live music, an extensive menu of the French Quarter’s favorite foods and drinks, and of course, beads galore. The theme park will continue its extra focus on health and safety in 2021 with the addition of spontaneous pop-up cavalcades in lieu of traditional parades.

“Over the past five years, we’ve created the premier Mardi Gras Festival in South Texas, and this year’s event offers our guests more than ever,” said Park President Jeffrey Siebert.  “Guests of all ages can enjoy all the ambiance and energy of The Big Easy while celebrating together safely.”

Six Flags Fiesta Texas’ Mardi Gras Festival will be open on weekend and select days through February 28, 2021 and the event is included with all active Memberships and Season Passes. Visit www.sixflags.com for specific operating hours.

Mardi Gras Festival highlights:

• The Houngan House of Voodoo – New for 2021 – The Mardi Gras Festival expands into the Spassburg area of the park with the addition of The Houngan House of Voodoo. A voodoo priest lures inquisitive guests through room-after-room of his cursed French Quarter home filled with magical dolls, potions, charms and gris-gris in this voodoo-themed walk-thru attraction. Social distancing will be strictly enforced. This mysterious new addition to the Mardi Gras Festival is included with park admission (reservation required)
  • Mardi Gras Pop-Up Cavalcades – New for 2021 – Guests will be delighted by spontaneous pop-up cavalcades featuring Bugs & Lola or the park’s Mardi Gras brass band in a bead-dazzled vehicle. These colorful, spontaneous, one-vehicle processions will appear four times a day
  • Mardi Gras Beads – What is Mardi Gras without beads? The Mardi Gras bead colors of purple, green, and gold symbolize justice (purple), faith (green) and power (gold). Guests are provided complimentary traditional Mardi Gras beads at various locations
  • Live Music – The street sounds of The Big Easy fill the air with live music by the Dixieland Band, The King Williams Brass Band, and other musical entertainment throughout the park
  • Street Entertainment – The party continues with street shows and performances along the midways in Rockville, Spassburg, and Texas State Square 
  • Colorful Décor – The Mardi Gras Festival is a vibrant celebration when Six Flags Fiesta Texas is blanketed with colorful decorations that capture the spirit of this world-famous New Orleans party 
  • Taste of Mardi Gras – Back by popular demand are the delicious and authentic food and drinks of Mardi Gras, including gumbo, jambalaya, crawfish, bacon-wrapped boudin balls, beignets, hurricanes, and a wide variety of beer.  This year’s event also features a long list of new treats for 2021 including gator bites, bacon wrapped Cajun pork ribs, and praline cheesecake.

Six Flags Fiesta Texas 2021 Season Passes and Memberships are currently on sale. Members enjoy priority park entry and tremendous discounts of up to 50% on nearly all food and merchandise purchases all season long. Members also receive skip-the-line passes, sneak previews, and extended ride times on some of their favorite rides and attractions. To purchase a ticket for the Mardi Gras Festival, visit www.sixflags.com/fiestatexas. 

Six Flags worked in partnership with its epidemiologist consultants to create a safe experience that meets or exceeds federal, state, and local guidelines. Park attendance will be carefully monitored to avoid overcrowding and all Members, Season Pass Holders, and guests with single-day tickets will be required to make a reservation to attend the Mardi Gras Festival. In addition:

• All team members and all guests two years and up will be required to wear masks covering the nose and mouth while in the parks;
  • Props, rides, restraints, handrails, and dining and restroom facilities will be cleaned and sanitized regularly; and
  • Multiple alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the parks for guest and team member usage.

For more information on Mardi Gras Festival and Six Flags’ comprehensive safety guidelines, visit www.sixflags.com.

SFFT Mardi Gras 3.jpg

SFFT Mardi Gras 2.jpg

SFFT Mardi Gras 1.jpg

This looks really good. Holding out for something similar at Alton Towers when they host their version of the event.

Really quite like the costumes and parade floats.

1 hour ago, bert425 said:

WonderWoman is SUPER fluffy friendly.

did you try the test seat out front?   try it tomorrow and check. . it could be that you just got in a weird seat with shorter connector or something?  (when I was there last month, they tried to tell me I was too big and I assured them that I have ridden this coaster dozens of times. . . and after moving back one seat, fit no problem.

so you may just have gotten a "bad" seat. . . try the tester out front tomorrow to confirm if you can fit.  (its' just to the left of the entrance)

IMG_4393.JPG

Might have been. Are the connectors all too long and have to be looped around the bar? Mine was, but I couldn’t undo it so I’m not sure if they’re supposed to be that way. I did try the test seat after I got sent off, but the connector was broken on it. Will definitely give the test seat a shot tomorrow before picking my Flash Passes. 

EDIT: now that I think about it, my seat (seat 6) was empty coming into the station but 7 and 8 were filled. Maybe they did accidentally load me into a bad seat. 

BF8FB647-17EE-49DA-9957-90E83297FA20.thumb.jpeg.e56b0c8b13137e850da901f7214b182e.jpegMission accomplished. Had to play around on the tester to figure it out. Basically I have to kind of tilt my head back to get my head into the restraint and then it would go into place easily. Thanks to everyone who encouraged me to try again! Will some more thoughts to share later. Going to go enjoy my last few hours in San Antonio. Going to miss ZDT’s but got to ride WW and IRat. 

• Like 3

This. Yum.

Taste of Mardi Gras – Back by popular demand are the delicious and authentic food and drinks of Mardi Gras, including gumbo, jambalaya, crawfish, bacon-wrapped boudin balls, beignets, hurricanes, and a wide variety of beer.  This year’s event also features a long list of new treats for 2021 including gator bites, bacon wrapped Cajun pork ribs, and praline cheesecake.

"Hey Mister! Throw Me Some Beads & Boudin Balls!" 👑

Man, I was bummed you didn't get on WW.  That's great to see.  It's a bitch getting my head in/out those restraints, too.  Loved that ride.

• Thanks 1

Got back home this morning. Thanks again to everyone that offered advice with Fiesta Texas. I wish San Antonio was cheaper and easier to get to. I’d visit more often if it was. 

Got to the park around 4 on Friday after a morning at SeaWorld. Judging from the parking lot maybe 4-5 times the number of people compared to Thursday. I poked fun of the bands performing for audiences of 5 people on Thursday, but on Friday the shows I passed by were well attended. Except for the log ride, everything looked open on Friday. 

Got my Flash Passes for WW, IRat, Poltergeist, and Superman. Probably should have gotten another WW or IRat instead of Superman but I wasn’t thinking. Not sure if this is new (I got a survey about it after I left) but they’re moving to timed reservations for the one time use Flash Passes. They have a place for the Flash Pass employee to write a return window on them. The employee on Thursday only wrote one for WW. The one of Friday didn’t write times on any of them. Also found out that I can’t get my Diamond Elite VIP card until I go back to Magic Mountain since it’s my home park, but I’m upgraded in the system so I have all the other benefits. 

90F84433-92BD-4DF6-9598-20F4A640BB20.thumb.jpeg.902a5f7d556ff4d8282f3ededb74913a.jpeg

Decided to get the monkey off my back and try to get on WW first. Played around on the test seat until I found the best way to get in the restraints. Got a little worried since there were tech people in the station working on something. It was an issue with one of the trains and they could only load 7 of the 8 seats. Tech guys were working on the brakes, but the ride kept operating with the ride ops having to be sure they only loaded 7 riders every third train. Kid in front of me got by the first height measurement by standing on his tip toes but got unlucky because a shift change happened and the new grouper remeasured him and didn’t let him on. Poor kid, but it did mean that I ended up with front row. Personally I liked the intensity, but those collars do take away from the experience. Not really sure what the alternative would be though. 

F68A7211-7F94-46B2-AC80-8AC3274DC461.thumb.jpeg.cba722d7f2de524fb6e99b994978cdaa.jpeg

Tried to do Poltergeist next, but it was down due to wind. Rushed over to IRat since I heard that will shut down due to wind. It was operating but with 1 train and a crew that wasn’t exactly hustling. It was a posted 95 minute wait. I waited 45 with Flash Pass. Apparently a fight broke out in the queue. I was already in the station so I couldn’t see but I could hear the commotion and people closer to the ramp could see it. IRat is RMC number 4 for me and I think I would rank it 1 or 2. Really liked how it uses the quarry walls. I think I still like Twisted Colossus better overall, but IRat might just edge out non-racing TC for me. 

8D266CAA-2873-4F1D-B7F6-2B232E10BDA9.thumb.jpeg.30e10b952cd8ccfe89da17ef6f8d2e21.jpeg
Strangely enough I’m pretty sure one of the gift shops at Magic Mountain also sells a random Great Escape sweatshirt. The one pictured above is in the IRat gift shop. Wonder if a bunch of these got sent to the wrong parks? 

Stopped for a churro and some lemonade. That Fiesta Texas lemonade is really sweet. Saw Poltergeist running and headed that way. My first spaghetti bowl and they are a lot smoother than I imagined. Surprised Six Flags hasn’t reused the Poltergeist name anywhere else; it’s a great theme. 

16B0E438-21E5-4E9E-9ED8-893931743015.thumb.jpeg.05872a96a1eb78baeae2453844f843ef.jpeg

Ended the day with one last ride on Superman. Wish it was IRat (thought about going back to the Flash Pass center and swapping the Superman for IRat), but I didn’t want to wait another 45 minutes. Park was open for another 45 minutes, but I decided to call it a day since I had a 7am flight. Thought about doing Boomerang on the way out, but decided to pass to avoid the end of the day parking lot crush. 

So in two days I did WW, Superman, Goliath, Road Runner, Iron Rattler, Poltergeist, Whistle Stop, Pirates of the Deep, and I watched the 80s music show Neon. Not bad for a fairly leisurely touring pace and only 4 hours each day. I’m not really the type that needs every credit, but I probably could have gotten them all if I pushed. Thursday had moderate crowds in the morning, but since so many rides were closed it emptied out midday. I felt bad for anyone that bought a ticket. Friday was much busier, but with more things open the crowds were more spread out. SFFT seemed to absorb the crowds better than SeaWorld. I know spring break has been chaotic at all the Texas theme parks. I’m sure weekends are much busier, but as busy as Friday was it never seemed unmanageable. With the exception of IRat, most lines went quickly and I was able to get food and snacks easily. Little to no lines for rides at SeaWorld, but long, long lines for food and many locations were closed (I think to drive people to eating at the food festival instead). 

• Like 1

the design of Wondys trains is ABSOLUTELY necessary. . the farther back in the train you are?  the different the experience.

the front is mainly floater air - the back is *extreme* ejector air.

trust me, those collars aren't the dreaded "comfort" collars - they are there to keep you from flying out of the damn coaster from the ejector air.

glad you got on!

you missed your chance to ride the worlds 1st S&S Freespin?  (Batman) 😛

come back in the summer - it will be hot as hell (but the Texas parks give free cups of water when you ask for them)
.. BUT, the Whitewater Bay waterpark area will be open - that drains most folks from the dry areas of the park, and you'll have light lines until early afternoon (when folks start to leave the waterpark after lunch).

^That's nice to know about the crowds flocking to the water park in the summer.

I will be there on either June 1 or 2 (depending on which day we do SWSA). My last visit in December 2019 was right before Christmas and actually had pretty light crowds to my surprise, even with the perfect 64-degree weather. I can deal with the heat - but waiting in a 2 hour line in the heat is where I draw the line!

water park officially opens for the season on 4/24 (so ~2 weeks).

was there yesterday all day with TeacherKim and her Son, and the park was PACKED
(even at only ~55% capacity -  Park President told me when I asked that Reservations reflected ~17K people (we were at an "event" with a local group - that had also invited ACE since their Feb event had been cancelled due to Texas icestorm, so it was ~200 just in this goup - but  so had a chance several times to chat with him thuout the day).

but Bronze Flash Pass sold out, and even Gold or Platinum didn't save much time - Kim/Joel had bought them for the "free time" between event things, and the *FLASH PASS* line (once it tells you it's time to ride, so come to the flash pass line) was over 25 minutes on multiple things (including Wonder Woman, Joker, Bugs' Flume ride, and Iron Rattler).

so. . . yeah.    If the waterpark had been open, that would have helped a LOT, as it seems many, many people want to get out of the house, and out in the open air to have fun after a year + being extremely careful.

Not helping was a power surge, that brought the *ENTIRE* park to a standstill just after 12:30 - tho they go the food service and several of the rides back, up really quickly, but it certainly impacted the bigger rides and made the lines even longer.

I'll have  trip report up in the next few days, but a few quick shots:

- Daredevil Dive is *amazing* - tho I highly recommend riding on an empty stomach.   (in a different chat with Jeffrey Siebert, he mentioned that each plane is programmed differently, so you'll get different amount of flips and/or upside-down hang depending which plane you're randomly assigned).

- the park's version of a treat similar to an Universal offering (called Doctor Butterskotch's  Elixir here at SFFT) is really, really good - and is available from the tap, frozen, or frozen with a whiskey floater.
(my only issue with it really was that it's available only at ONE stand over by IR/DDD, and the stand also sells beer and shots of whiskey. . .so even a short 4 person line took well over 20 minutes, as the "bros" in front of us in line ordered beers, shots (which had to be measured / poured one at a time, with IDs checked and rechecked by the poor guy working the stand).   Thirsty Buffalo is literally 15 feet away - send people who want shots/liquor to THERE for a drink, and keep this stand only for the Elixir please?  (I gave this feedback to a supervisor while she was restocking his beer supply. . . .the "Bros" were all out drinking in the Texas heat on Saturday)

-- Wonder Woman is running 3 trains, and Supes/Roadrunner/Goliath are running 2.     *but* Iron Rattler is single train operations - hopefully the 2nd train will be back on the track by the time you go back. . as 1 train operations easily had 2 1/2 - 3 hour lines.  (but even Bug's Flume had a 2 hour + line (we overheard a guy telling his kids in front of him as the log left the station right by the Flash Pass entrance "I really hope this ride is worth the 2 hour wait").

- food operations were pretty good, considering they all got SLAMMED when the power surged and all rides went down (and food came up first).   Yes, it took 45 minutes for Totally Kicken Chicken (and Mobile ordering would NOT work for either myself or Kim via the app). . but that's quicker than I expected considering how crowded the park was.

anyways. . like I said, full report coming up in the next few days, including many pics from the climb up Goliath's lift hill and Lights on walking tour thru Pirates that we got to do).

And a big thanks to Bert for being our host for the day!! We loved this park and will definitely return at some point in the future, particularly since we never had time to do some of the "minor" rides like the train and the rapids ride. 

We went back for a couple hours on Sunday before we had to hit the airport. Were there about 1:15 - 3:45. I had made a reservation the night before (we did not need them on Sat since we were with the official group event) Not one person asked to see our reservation coming in on Sun. So either it is purely theater at this point, they can see that you have a reservation when they scan your pass, or as long as the reservations don't exceed the capacity they assume people won't show up and don't feel the need to check. 

This is how Poltergeist spent the day on Sunday0411211550.thumb.jpg.bf5108f9bdad348a0a262c2978b8d9b0.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry I have no idea why it posted upside down, and I don't have time right now to figure it out.....but you get the idea!

43 minutes ago, teacherkim said:

Sorry I have no idea why it posted upside down, and I don't have time right now to figure it out.....but you get the idea!

the data on your phone saves it that way.

the workaround is to open the pic and "edit". . flip it 180, save.  then edit again to flip back to correct orientation and save again.

that's the workaround on my phone for the pics that sometimes go upside-down.

Fixed it for ya here tho :)
(Yeah was pretty windy on Sat/Sun. . I'm sure that's why it valleyed)

0411211550.jpg.0465de1325d823db944a52ca63621739.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey y'all, I'm visiting SA and I want to get to the park, but I'm really limited in my time. I have tonight after 4, or saturday and sunday after 4:30. Tonight would be the best option because I'm out earlier, Saturday there are other events I'd be skipping, and Sunday the park closed at 8 instead of 9.  It's raining and looks like there's a high chance of rain for the rest of the day. Is there a way to find out what's running and what isn't? When should I go? I'm listing my must ride list below. Should I get a fast pass? For those familiar with the park, how should I attack my ride list? Will I be able to do em all? I'm a 34 y/o coaster nerd, but I'm in shape so I'm more than happy to run from ride to ride if needed. Seat recommendations or other recommendations are also heloful. All help is appreciated, TIA!

Rough ranking: Wonder women, iron rattler, superman, poltergeist, dare devil, joker, scream(are the towers up or down?), And batman if possible but I'll hopefully be at sfot next month so I can ride it there.

• Like 1