TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Oh I thought they had been yearround longer than that. I'm also keeping wind and low temperatures in mind that time of year. I know they don't get New England levels of cold, but I've seen TRs mention Superman needs to be in the 50s.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^^ It was today, Bert — from about 11:15am to 2:00pm. The mask business was bad. I'm over getting bent out of shape about such things, but I did get a few stealth-creeper snapshots to send to fri

I did see your pics! It looks like the young women you're sharing a flume ride with would benefit from hearing that message a little louder 😉 It was really only the Wonder Woman crew who were announci

Posted Images

^ nope. . year round starts "officially" after FrightFest.

mostly just Sat/Sun, but there seem to be quite a few weekends where Friday is included as well. So they do have 4-5 days between weekends on what used to be the "off season" to work on stuff.

as Bill notes? Six Flags tends to just pull things down for rehab without any notice.

that said: Roadrunner was down most of 2018, so doubt that will come down again for rehab for a while.

Iron Rattler has been down several times (for days long issues) multiple times, as has Wonder Woman. . so those likely will be fine (ie: no rehab in early 2019)

if anything was gonna get shut down for rehab? I'd guess likely Goliath - since it's right at the front of the park, and gets pretty good ridership.

and it's Texas. . rare that it will get cold enough to shut anything down. Wind is another story, but cold? very rare.

Do all the rides run during Holiday in the park? Really hoping for at the very least Iron Rattler and Wonder Woman.

For the most part, all the rides seem to stay open during HiP. Poltergeist and Superman are weather depending. Iron Rattler turns into another kind of beast during HiP!

• 3 weeks later...
Do all the rides run during Holiday in the park? Really hoping for at the very least Iron Rattler and Wonder Woman.

The park now has year-round operation so yes. It appears (based on queue-times) that they're even running their log flume.

likely driving up to the park tomorrow.. yeah, I'm crazy.

don't expect the park to be busy (they are open from 2-9, and since it's getting dark at 5:20, should be able to enjoy the lights). . . . traffic on the day before Thanksgiving is gonna be NUTS tho.

so might change my mind

but wanna go.

despite horrific traffic (it took us over an hour just to get from North Austin to South Austin), we still went to Fiesta today, and had a wonderful - tho cold and drizzly time.

I'll have a report up (with pictures) hopefully by Friday. . but just wanted to pop in to mention a few things:

-- despite what the very out of date "Holiday in the Park: Rides" listing on the web site says - EVERYTHING seemed to be up and operating (several with multiple trains), other than Boomerang (no great loss, I'd say). Twister is already gone, and Whirlygig is in pieces, but both of those are listed as "closed" for the season on the site anyways.

Not listed, but open: Goliath, Poltergeist, Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman, Iron Rattler. . . and due to the cold, drizzly day (and it being the day before Thanksgiving), all were pretty much walk on. Longest wait was maybe 15 minutes for Wonder Woman, operating two trains, one with 2 seats blocked off.. so capacity of 14 total. still. . way shorter wait than usual.

-- Wonder Woman, which breaks down multiple times every day in normal weather? Was operating in a steady drizzle the whole time we were there, and didn't break down even once! and with the track so lubricated? the thing was absolutely bonkers today. FLYING thru the track even smoother than normally.

-- the new Giant Ornament decoration in the central plaza is *stunning* , as is the standard giant tree in Rockville (that was all kinds of pretty colors this year).

-- No official Six Flags photographers were out, which was extremely strange. Not at the front gates, nor near the displays. Maybe they all took off early for Thanksgiving prep? Luckily, the crowd at the park today was the best I've ever seen at a Six Flags. Taking pics for others who wanted to pose, moving out of shots so others could get good pics. Just good vibes all over, and I met a ton of friendly folks while riding alone (Nick only rode the train today)

-- oh, and they had real snow blowing down over the streets of Rockville during the tree lighting ceremony. That was nice and unexpected.

-- have to ding em tho: They went all out on Entry Plaza and Rockville areas. . .but some of the displays at Fiesta, really looked like they made a trip to Home Depot, bought some lawn crap (inflatables & Standees), and just put them around the park. In particular in Kidzopolis, and on the Holiday Express Train ride

had a wonderful, if chilly and wet time.

I'll get some pics up later this week.

Edited by bert425

The park now has year-round operation so yes. It appears (based on queue-times) that they're even running their log flume.

Both Bug's White Water Rapids (Flume), and Gully Washer (Raft Rapids) were operating.

VERY few takers, since it was so chilly and. . . moist, today. but they were running.

as were every other ride, other than Boomerang.

^ Meanwhile when SFNE operates Blizzard River in 40 degree temps, it still isn't guaranteed to be a walk-on.

LOL

Gully washer can get f*cked (It was 105 degrees when we visited and we had a Flash Pass and we still didn't ride it) but Bugs' White Water Rapids is terrific. Get in the boat people.

^ Meanwhile when SFNE operates Blizzard River in 40 degree temps, it still isn't guaranteed to be a walk-on.

LOL

Gully washer can get f*cked (It was 105 degrees when we visited and we had a Flash Pass and we still didn't ride it) but Bugs' White Water Rapids is terrific. Get in the boat people.

it would be better if they put the figures back in the queue

at the moment, still only "Sam as knight" and the Dragon sleeping in cage are the only two displays - and I suspect Dragon is only because it's one you can view from outside the queue as well.

it's so weird walking by all the empty sets. . . (didn't ride on Wed, but peeked in the queue)

Going on a road trip starting Friday from Atlanta and I think I will be stopping through SFFT on Sunday with a friend. Any tips for Holiday in the Park? Or are there any local stores that sell discounted tickets that are cheaper than online (~$50). I have a season pass for SFOG so I should get in free but unfortunately I won't be able to use a bring a friend ticket at SFFT. Thanks!

best tip I can give for a Sunday is be there at Opening.

the park fills up as the day goes on Sunday, but Mornings are typically slow until after Church.

most folks go directly left for Goliath, tho if you see it's walk on, grab a ride. then head around over to Iron Rattler.

Wonder Woman and Poltergiest never open with the park when I am there. . so grain of salt. but keep an ear out for Poltergiest running (you'll hear it) and then head over that way, since it will pull a line with only 1 train operations.

Wonder Woman, of course, is brilliant. . so either Fast Pass it, or expect to wait. Superman is typically multi train so usually short/no wait, and Batman is almost always a short line too.

I got back earlier this week from a trip through Texas. I ended up visiting SeaWorld San Antonio, Six Flags over Texas, and Six Flags Fiesta Texas.

General Thoughts:

I visited Six Flags Fiesta Texas on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, and despite the long weekend it wasn't crowded at all. I mostly rode coasters this time as none of the other rides seemed to be that interesting. However, I did see The Heart of the Holidays music show, which was better than anyone could reasonably expect a Six Flags park show to be. In fact, that made me curious about their other shows, but I left early before I could find out.

A couple of the rides that I was interested in were closed for weather (I think), so unfortunately I did not get the Premier spaghetti bowl credit or the log flume credit. And their new dark ride looks interesting, so I am disappointed that it is still under construction.

Select Ride Thoughts:

Wonder Woman - getting this credit was one of my main objectives as otherwise I would have to revisit California's Great America to ride a similar model (and I hate my home park). There wasn't much of a line when the park opened in the afternoon, and the operations seem pretty great for an attraction that assuredly has mediocre capacity; I got to ride twice in quick succession. I think that this is probably the most aggressive coaster that I've ridden just due to how quick the elements are.

Iron Rattler - rode this twice. Last ride was near the back, and one of the riders in the last row was ridiculously obnoxious and kept shouting throughout the entire ride and down the exit ramp. The intensity of the airtime was great, but Iron Rattler feels a little bit short, even for a Six Flags RMC conversion.

Road Runner Express - hilariously, this was the longest line that I waited in due to the single train operations. I know that people tend to be favorable to this Arrow mine train due to its relative intensity, but I think that I prefer the quirkiness of some of the older Arrow mine trains.

^^ At least Road Runner Express was open for you since it was closed for a good chunk of the year.

I think Steel Vengeance and Millennium Force gives Cedar Point the best 1-2 coaster punch, but I think Fiesta Texas has the best 1-2 first drop punch with Iron Rattler and Wonder Woman (and they aren't far behind the best overall 1-2 punch either). The sheer power of the airtime on those drops is incredible.

yeah, RoadRunner is pulling long lines mainly for 2 reasons:

1) it was closed down most of 2018 waiting for a part (as Canobie mentioned), and even now that it's back up, they only have one working coaster train (not sure why on that, tho I asked last time I rode it and they told me they only had one train and were using the other for "backup" - which I assume means "parts").

2) it's one of only 2 "family" coasters in the park (other than Pandemonium).

Factor in that HitP attracts families, and you have a lot of younger kids who won't/cant ride the "big" coasters. . that leaves: Pandemonium & RoadRunner as the only true mid-sized coaster in the park. so yeah, it get's lines.

also why Boomerang gets lines, tho that one tends to get the older teens more than RoadRunner does.

I guess that makes sense, and Pandemonium was closed on my visit as well.

That isn't to say that Road Runner Express was an insanely long line on Sunday, but it was the only one that really had more than a station wait.