TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

If it's opening January 12th then it can't be a coaster. If it were a coaster, then construction would have already begun. My guess is a Drop Tower of some kind. At first I thought Giant Discovery, but Jeffrey Siebert seems to have put that rumor to bed.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^^ It was today, Bert — from about 11:15am to 2:00pm. The mask business was bad. I'm over getting bent out of shape about such things, but I did get a few stealth-creeper snapshots to send to fri

I did see your pics! It looks like the young women you're sharing a flume ride with would benefit from hearing that message a little louder 😉 It was really only the Wonder Woman crew who were announci

This past Saturday- October 24th, The Texas Thrillseekers were invited on a behind the scenes tour of Superman: Krypton Coaster by park President Jeffrey Siebert! Here are a few photos from that tour.

Posted Images

If it's opening January 12th then it can't be a coaster. If it were a coaster, then construction would have already begun. My guess is a Drop Tower of some kind. At first I thought Giant Discovery, but Jeffrey Siebert seems to have put that rumor to bed.

First new ride as in... Multiple new rides during 2019...there could be pirates opening on ja n 12th and then aug they could open a coaster or whatever the big ticket item is

I'm officially stumped now.

The only thing I can think of is a Skyline Eclipse, which goes along with the space themed teasers from a while back, but that's not tall enough.

can't be Drop Tower tho. . . (I had been thinking that too). . but they didn't announce Scream Closing.

I have never heard of a park with multiple drop towers.

(but I suppose if they wanted to be "first". . LOL).

I'm still thinking we're looking at a Skywarp, but won't be surprised if it's a space themed flat. . . hmmmm. . . Fiesta hasn't had a Trabant in years . . guess we're gonna find out.

Hershey Park

they are right next to each other on the same pad. .that's one drop tower complex.

in the same way Scream at Fiesta has 3 towers, together.

I'm talking two drop towers in separate areas of the park. . . and before the "critics" get out. . no, I'm not talking a kiddie drop tower also in the kids section.

Edited by bert425

Grona Lund.

they kept the other one when they built Full Tilt? hmm. .thought they took away the standard drop tower.

maybe Fiesta would do something like that then. .

Hershey Park

they are right next to each other on the same pad. .that's one drop tower.

in the same way Scream at Fiesta has 3 towers, together.

I'm talking two drop towers in separate areas of the park. . . and before the "critics" get out. . no, I'm not talking a kiddie drop tower also in the kids section.

If you count demon drop as a drop tower (which I do) then Dorney actually has 2 separate drop towers. Demon drop was also added after their S&S towers too, so it’s not unprecedented.

Six Flags doubling down on ride types doesn't surprise me. Just yesterday I found out that Six Flags Discovery Kingdom has a Zamperla Giant Discovery and a Huss Frisbee so I wouldn't be surprised if they got a drop tower that offered a slightly different type of experience.

I'm officially stumped now.

The only thing I can think of is a Skyline Eclipse, which goes along with the space themed teasers from a while back, but that's not tall enough.

Jeffrey has already confirmed an Eclipse is not coming

Oh that's right, it was an option on that poll he commented on.

Thank god!

I honestly have no idea what the ride will be. But with tallest, it sounds like a tower ride. Maybe something like Falcon Fury to be different from Scream.

I honestly have no idea what the ride will be. But with tallest, it sounds like a tower ride. Maybe something like Falcon Fury to be different from Scream.

maybe they're moving in a Mr Freeze?

(it *would* fit.. being right there by Batman, and could be raised so the pathway goes under it).

I'm sure that's not it. . just thinking out loud

The fastest ride in park history would be the old wooden Rattler at 73mph. The tallest is a tie between Scream (S&S Tower) and Skyscreamer (Funtime Starflyer) both 200ft.

I just realized both the tower rides are themed to "screaming"

One of the World’s Tallest Pendulum Rides!

The Joker Wild Card, one of the world’s tallest pendulum rides, to debut in early summer 2019 at Six Flags Fiesta Texas! Standing at a record-breaking 17-stories in the air, this impressive giant disk will reach speeds up to 75 miles per hour, as it whips back and forth — higher and higher to give riders a staggering view of the world below them.

sfft_jwc03_11x17_600dpicopy_0.thumb.jpg.56abe69a5d991419a0c262eeeecd92d5.jpg

sfft_jwc04_11x17_600dpi_2copy_0.thumb.jpg.865472a594c8f1dcf4501caf77ce5e29.jpg

1028025667_ScreenShot2018-08-30at8_09_07AM.png.259912ab0970a3da6d095b1ad5c7299b.png

172417779_ScreenShot2018-08-30at8_09_34AM.png.a834ad2df1012cefbf1abc020ccddb8d.png

Edited by robbalvey

Man! I really love this park! I need to get back so badly!

Similar to their announcement about SFOT's Larson Looper, I am wondering if this is tying the "World's Largest" record that Wonder Woman is setting over at SFGAdv, or coming up just shy of that ride's swing height?

YES! I love these things and am really excited to be getting one.

I wonder if it's a different model than a Giant Discovery since Jeffrey said it wouldn't be a Giant Discovery? Or was he just trolling?