TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 288: New B&M Dive Machine Announced!

*sigh* Parks always say that their announcement is the "biggest ever." How gullible do you have to be to fall for marketing speak?

I spent parts of three days at SFFT from August 24th - 26th. I have always gotten a good vibe at SFFT and this continued for the most part on this trip. Here are my thoughts from those 3 days.

Woman Woman did not open with the park on any day. It opened 45-120 minutes after the rest of the park each day as best I could monitor, since it is not on the app. Every day WW also went down for part of the day, one time for at least an hour when riders were stranded on the lift hill. Crews were quick and efficient especially dealing with non-working seats. And this ride delivers the goods.

Iron Rattler was operating well all days, the line was moving quickly and ride ops the working hard. It's not as balls to the wall as more recent RMCs, but I love the pacing

Superman: Krypton Coaster - on every ride there was at least one rider filming while on the ride. People were holding cameras in their hands, a few people had the camera inside those big lanyards and filming, one person had on a GoPro, one person rode in the 7th row with a selfie stick. I was tempted to take a picture of the selfie stick guy from the on-ride photos but didn't want to be reprimanded for taking that photo, quite the irony.

I love Roadrunner Express, but did not ride it as it has the longest line each day, outside of WW

1478170919_20180820_1128251.thumb.jpg.65c72f7083fcc468619b45cd4fb4b3f8.jpg

I though this was very interesting.

896333707_20180818_1853081.thumb.jpg.85a48d0508accdea0f620e61f1c17b5c.jpg

No way, not for me.

669612099_20180819_1413521.thumb.jpg.2ae7ffa9a3c640991b308b7264739d2a.jpg

Definitely more my style

333186050_20180819_1356261.thumb.jpg.08e3172050feb3faf82ac618b8a5343e.jpg

I not sure why people would question what's new for 2019, it seems pretty obvious.

2020899335_20180818_1326361.thumb.jpg.2a56a76244d443555bbb3c7b7c80948e.jpg

What's up with this?

So if they were to build a coaster, they could jump over and use the green space by Batman as well. I don’t see a coaster coming but 6 Flags seems to really love Fiesta the last few years.

6A0017DE-1DEF-4385-800C-F9B83A2143E0.thumb.jpeg.87a1348cd9b45a19f205accb24eaac32.jpeg

The red marks are the closures announced tonight.

hmm. . makes me worry for Hustler.

could see that closing to be used as the entrance queue for whatever is coming into those other spaces.

They're saying on that Texas Thrill Seekers FB page that Hustler will be/is gone. If rumors are true, go for last ride.

well, this coming weekend will be at SFoT.. but if it stays open for a few weeks more, will make trip to Fiesta in Sept for a ride, just to be safe.

Wonder what it is they're taking out a whopping 3 rides for? I can't imagine it's a coaster after last year but we will see.

the key thing there is WHERE the rides are being removed.

Twister, basketball game, and the carnival games are on the OPPOSITE side of the main walkway from wirlygig and the green space by Batman.

so whatever it is?. .likely not a flat, as it will have to bridge the main walkway from Superman to Rockville/Gotham area. . which also has the train tracks right there.

so to me, signs are pointing to some sort of coaster that could "jump" the path... that's why I'm thinking entrance queue might be where Hustler sits now.

guess we'll see.

maybe it's the return of the taxis/speedway they pulled out for Batman? they could just put bridges there to get over the walkways.

I feel like Six Flags is intent on running their Top Spins into the ground and then closing them when they break and using them as parts donors for their remaining Top Spins (which will likely also be removed once they run out of parts donors). I don't think the closure of a Top Spin necessarily means they have bigger plans for that area.

It might and the fact that it's next to a few other things that are being removed makes it seem more likely but don't be shocked if they just close it to close it and take their time filling it in either.

I feel like Six Flags is intent on running their Top Spins into the ground and then closing them when they break and using them as parts donors for their remaining Top Spins (which will likely also be removed once they run out of parts donors). I don't think the closure of a Top Spin necessarily means they have bigger plans for that area.

It might and the fact that it's next to a few other things that are being removed makes it seem more likely but don't be shocked if they just close it to close it and take their time filling it in either.

I agree with you on the Top Spin, but not on the Whirlygig. . those are popular and a theme park staple.

to be fair, Fiesta *has* in the past, let rides sit there rotting. . in particular, the Trabant on the Boardwalk sat for years unused. . . but they at least blocked that off with a fence.

that they are closing rides on both sides of a path, as well as the games next door to one ride, and in the center of the path -- and considering the comment about the "green space" - which is also right there in that area near the closed rides?

there is definitely something coming to that space.

something GREAT? who knows?. . but something. . they aren't just closing these to sit.

You know what... I was pretty skeptical about that round of rumors that came out recently but the more I look at this one of those figure 8 things would fit that spot perfectly.

I think my best guess is that you're getting that and the swings are moving to the green space near Batman. The fact that they get rid of another Top Spin and use it as a parts donor to keep Twister at Great Adventure running for another year or two is a nice bonus.