TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 288: New B&M Dive Machine Announced!

I plan on visiting this park next week. Which day do y'all think is better, a Wednesday or a Thursday? And which rides should I hit as soon as it opens? Thanks!

Schools are out in Austin & San Antonio now, so either day is gonna have kids.. but the good thing is that Fiesta has a waterpark, and it's in the 100's now (welcome to Summer in Texas). . so that will drain a lot of folks away in the morning thru early afternoon.

between the two days? I'd go Wed, if I could.. but either would be lighter crowd than a weekend.

most Fiesta Tx rides have fast moving queues, tho Iron Rattler can get really bad due to the design of the station (people waiting for the back row, will block the line entering the station. . . and you end up stuck on the ramps until people can pass to the much shorter center rows. (sometimes they have a grouper helping to avoid that tho).

the only thing we've ever stood a long time to wait for is Poltergeist.. as if they are running one train, it can move really slow (tho my last trip, they had both trains on).

Wonder Woman is the new hotness tho. so that's been getting quite the line early.

have fun, it's a GREAT park.

ETA: a lot of folks will go immediately to the Left upon entry to get in line for Goliath (Batman clone). . . it's a good coaster, but we usually hit it on way out, rather than way in. Exception being if it's walk on. . which you can see as you are entering the main gates.

typically, we go in, and head to the Right at the central plaza to hit Iron Rattler first.

Thank you! I'm in Dallas, so familiar with the heat. I can skip the clones there that we have here, I'm sure they're just about the same. Excited for IR, will only be my 2nd time on an RMC coaster and the first with rolls.

don't forget that Fiesta has TWO RMCs now (IR has one inversion, and Wonder Woman has multiple inversions).

even tho you said you can skip the clones. . i wouldn't pass up Batman (the 1st S&S Freespin).. as it's not always the same ride, tho it looks like the Joker y'all have. I'd also not pass up Pandemonium.. yeah, y'all have it at SFoT too. . but the setting here is what makes the ride.. right next to the quarry walls. And last time we rode it, we got airtime during a backwards spin during a ride!).

I've ridden a lot of the Batman/Joker rides, and I had by far, the best ride at the one here. I don't know if it was an unbalance weight, or if they allow more flips, but we flipped a ton and it was amazing! I got a regular Flash Pass, and I was happy that WW was on it for one ride. One word of caution with WW. The line can be deceiving. It doesn't look that long, but it moves so slow. The operations needs a lot of work on it. At one point, it had 9 minute cycle times.

We just returned from a long (and very HOT) trip to the Lone Star State and this was our second time visiting SFFT. We were here two years ago and on this visit we got in two full days. I was reminded quickly why this is perhaps my favorite park in the chain.

We were determined to ride everything in these two days, including stuff we missed two years ago. The aforementioned Road Runner was not operating but fortunately we rode it 2 years ago. The railroad was also not operating. The park was not really all that busy, even for a SAT-SUN. Most guests were crammed into the (awesome) water park, escaping the triple digit heat. We got in a 2 day total of 5 rides on Iron Rattler, which I might add is my favorite coaster inside or outside a SF park. (It even beats the new Twisted Cyclone at my home GA park, but it is close....)

We got in two rides on Wonder Woman and much to our surprise, we were allowed to utilize our Diamond Elite skip passes there for one of those rides. This ride is intense as advertised and will surprise the first time rider. Once they address capacity issues, I can see this ride cloning at other SF parks in the near future. But for now, it was unique and we had a blast on it.

Although we have been on Pandemonium at SFoT more times than we can count, this copy of it was so much better. Ditto for the Sky Screamer...the nearby quarry wall makes for an entirely different experience than on other versions. Hurricane: Force 5 was a blast and we just had to ride The Hustler. This is definitely a hidden gem of a flat ride.

Over on the waterpark side of things, we got to try out Thunder Rapids. Long wait but worth experiencing for the first time.

Food service was outstanding. We never waited more than 5 minutes to get our meals. Food quality was good too. The park could use a few more Freestyle machines but we did find a 'hidden' one in the coffee shop! There was never a line for it and all flavors were available. The folks that run this park take pride in it and it definitely shows. Everything was very clean.

The fireworks show at the end of the day was an amazing surprise. Although we were a bit bummed sections of the park had to close for it, we were blown away by the quality of this show! We stuck around on day 2 of our visit for another round!

We will be back...either next year or the following year. We really love it here!

20180602_151315.thumb.jpg.3d577230558efd69361e8733170ce753.jpg

I never get tired of this view or this ride!

20180602_151508.thumb.jpg.9740b3b54b24623eddbbe92e4c2eec5b.jpg

Welcome triple-digit heat relief!

20180602_155124.thumb.jpg.577f197edde3f9ccfb65b31f57f6daac.jpg

The quarry wall makes this park the most scenic of any SF park!

20180602_171743.thumb.jpg.9492e97e741abcc3ec5153294821d036.jpg

Yeah, there was this. Definitely worth riding and very different

20180602_190417.thumb.jpg.2f51838bfdc8767a0f02ec393c6a8e75.jpg

The water park here is amazing. Cool, clean, refreshing!

20180602_203441.thumb.jpg.6055993fb9228ba1670500933642cc49.jpg

My favorite section of the park!

20180602_204116.thumb.jpg.4e184721876bdb8386bfb64e48ec84c6.jpg

This has got to be the most unique flat ride. We had to go for a 'spin'...

20180602_213205.thumb.jpg.de143a1aba43a7dd3b1fe2dab19ffc2c.jpg

What a fantastic way to end the day...y'all come back now!

Great report! I love Fiesta Texas.

I'm glad you liked Thunder Rapids and found the wait worth it. When I was there last month, I only waited 5 minutes and didn't feel the need to ride it again. I guess I just didn't get the ride.

And I agree, Iron Rattler is awesome.

good report!.. how long was line on Gully Washer? (I had warned someone the other week, that on hot days, that queue will fill completely)

I'm glad you liked Thunder Rapids and found the wait worth it. When I was there last month, I only waited 5 minutes and didn't feel the need to ride it again. I guess I just didn't get the ride.

LOL. . I think it was actually you I was telling the line can get long on Gully Washer.

hopefully, now that we're in the 100's, they have all the waterfalls on!

Can anyone tell me if there are places to eat outside of the park, within walking distance?

Gonna visit next week but not driving, and don't have the dining pass and didn't want to spend a lot on park food. Gonna be with my niece and trying to get by on the cheap. Lol

Can anyone tell me if there are places to eat outside of the park, within walking distance?

Gonna visit next week but not driving, and don't have the dining pass and didn't want to spend a lot on park food. Gonna be with my niece and trying to get by on the cheap. Lol

"Walking distance" - no.

the park is in a quarry, and you park at the rear, and then head into the quarry.

now there IS a big shopping center just across the freeway from it, with (I believe) some fast food options, but you're going to have to walk from park entrance, all the way to the parking exit (at rear of quarry entrance), then on the grass to cross under the freeway, at the light, to get to the options.

your best bet is to either: a) pack food, and eat at the picnic tables outside the front gates.. or b) just eat in the park and choose one of the better options (Kickin' Chicken is good, as is the BarBque place across from the waterpark section. . . the German section has Sangerfest Hall, which has a lot of options too. . tho none of them are "cheap"

maybe just eat before going, and snack on something in the park?

Hope this helps?

Capture.thumb.PNG.b1a00a428d5d3b7d3e2ad38b05af964c.PNG

here's an overhead map showing where you'd have to walk from Fiesta entrance, to get to the restaurants.

keep in mind, it's IN a quarry, so anything in this map that's UNDER Fiesta, you cannot get to. . it's above the quarry.

Thank you, yes that helped me. I'll prob just go ahead and add on the dining pass then. Only be an extra 6 bucks a month and I'm 10 min from SFOT and go a few times a month so it'll pay off. We're gonna greyhound it down there (only 40 bucks roundtrip) so really can't bring any food.

^ you'll have a great time.

bring along swimsuits! the waterpark is included, and even if the slides can get some long lines, the Texas Shaped Wave Pool, and Lazy River are always options with no waits

^ I'm likely going to the park for a few hours on Sunday. . was hoping it would be ready

oh well. .thanks for the update! (I just won't expect it to be open)

Had a great time at SFFT last weekend. The park blew me away. I had been told it was the best SF park, but it surpassed my expectations. The attention to detail all over the park makes it clear that there is a lot of labor of love behind it, rather than everything being smacked down as cheaply as possible.

Wonder Woman had all three trains going Sunday morning. They ended up going down and coming back up with only two trains later on, and several seats were blocked off. Lots of restraint issues. It was a very fun little ride. With all three trains running the line actually moved OK.

Finally got to visit again after about 20 years. I forgot how pretty this park is. I'm gonna make it at least a yearly trip. Some things were the same as 20 years ago and some were different.

I'll spare everyone pics from my broken cell phone camera lens. Here's my run down.

Got there at 11am. Went straight to IR. 2 trains, but the 2 back rows of one weren't working. Waited about 15 minutes to ride 2nd back row, the very back had about 7 sets of people waiting and I was too excited to wait. I ride NTxG all the time and thought the first hill wouldn't be as intense. WRONG! I wasn't expecting it to turn slightly. After that first hill all that came out of my mouth was "OMG" and "HOLY SH/T!" That last drop before you go into the tunnel literally took my breathe. I was proud of myself I held my hands up the whole time, even though I felt my life was in danger. I'm in love with this coaster. I actually clapped as we were pulling back into the station, that's how happy it made me. Such a dork.

Mall walked to WW. As we're walking up I saw people leaving. Heard tech difficulty announcement but got in line anyways since so many left. Took about 15 minutes and it was going again. After about 4 trains, tech difficulty. Another 15 min and going again. So we get up there and had a choice, front or back. I will 99% of the time choose back, but I chose front. This is a fun fun fun coaster. Start to finish you're all over the place. I felt like I was flying in a few spots. And I held my hands up the whole time. That's a big deal for me when I don't know what to expect. Almost immediately after I regretted not riding in the back though. I wanted to feel the speed. Total wait time 45 min and that's with two 15 min tech difficulties so not too bad.

After that just wandered around riding whatever we happened upon.

The ride ops on Goliath were very slow. One train and the line wasn't long, and it took 4-5 minutes to get the train out. I ended up in the front bc there was a spot so I jumped on because I was tired of waiting. I thought this would be a lot like the Batman clones, which I think are fun but not a must ride for me, and again I was way off. This ride was intense. Felt faster and the way it whipped me around I got a wee bit scared. Loved it!

Supe I had ridden years ago when I last visited. Hopped on back. This ride was rough to me. The last quarter banged my head against the restraints so hard it hurt my ears. Had a small headache after this one. But I got over it. This wouldn't be a must ride if this were my home park.

Used my skip the line on Poltergeist, once again slow ride ops and the line was fairly long. I'm ready to get on and we hear tech difficulty. Took about 10 min and it was ready to roll. This ride was kinda boring for me. Lots of twists and what not, but didn't get me going. It was fun, but meh. I like Mr. Freeze better. Did Poltergeist used to be themed after Joker? I feel like I rode it there years ago but it was a different name.

Pandemonium was a fun ride as usual, but I didn't have my lid on my sport bottle screwed on right so every time we spun everyone got a root beer shower. The rock quarry was a great backdrop.

I thought Hurricane Force 5 was gonna be a corny kiddie, but it was way more disorienting and fun than i thought it would be. I really liked it!

Gully Washer was very mild compared to SFOT Roaring Rapids. I think their boats are too high to really get you wet.

The water park was a nice break, but it was packed. Knew it would be. Didn't spend too much time there and only rode the water coaster since it had single rider and the lines for everything else were extremely long. I liked it, but it will hurt your butt.

Got another ride on IR. 2nd to last row again. It was faster this time since it was later in the day. I can't tell y'all how much I love this coaster. I mean I could, but I'll spare y'all. I wish they would put some of those elements into NTxG.

Went to ride WW but they were having problems again and didn't have time to wait and was bummed I missed out on the back row.

Every Six Flags should have a Sangerfest Halle. It was nice and cold, great selection of food and plenty of seating. We relaxed in there for a while and took some pics with the Loony Toons characters.

Boomerang wasn't running. Wanted to ride for the nostalgia, but maybe next time. Y'all all know Road Runner has been down, still is.

I can't say what hasn't already been said about this park. It's just on pointe with the theming and the rock quarry makes it even more special. Great selection of rides.I have to get back here when it cools off to enjoy this park again this season.

Here's a pic of me in front of my new BF, IR.

959F4363-.thumb.jpg.ab5872c51a90bd48287ed9135caffc77.jpg

First ride of the day and I'm super excited! Me in the middle.

Used my skip the line on Poltergeist, once again slow ride ops and the line was fairly long. I'm ready to get on and we hear tech difficulty. Took about 10 min and it was ready to roll. This ride was kinda boring for me. Lots of twists and what not, but didn't get me going. It was fun, but meh. I like Mr. Freeze better. Did Poltergeist used to be themed after Joker? I feel like I rode it there years ago but it was a different name.

So the poltergeist has always been the poltergeist... We had a coasters called the joker's revenge long ago and it was located where pandamonium is now... It was moved to the six flags new Orleans and still sits there today rotting away... Joker's revenge would do the whole ride with you sitting backwards

JokersRevenge1.jpg.2af237105e93ae9c906c368f47e1dce8.jpg

You may be thinking of Jokers Jinx at Six Flags America in Maryland. It is the same Premier "spaghetti bowl" design as Poltergeist.

So the poltergeist has always been the poltergeist... We had a coasters called the joker's revenge long ago and it was located where pandamonium is now... It was moved to the six flags new Orleans and still sits there today rotting away... Joker's revenge would do the whole ride with you sitting backwards

Yes! That's the one! I remember walking up and seeing that big Joker face! I just got major deja vu from Poltergeist. Maybe I rode it years ago when I was there. Joker looks like a fun coaster to ride going backwards. I know I rode it, just don't remember.

Edited by ComeRideWithMe

You may be thinking of Jokers Jinx at Six Flags America in Maryland. It is the same Premier "spaghetti bowl" design as Poltergeist.

I've never been to that park. I think I probably rode Poltergeist last time I went to Fiesta and that's why I had the deja vu, but I def remembered that Joker coaster that I just found out was moved to NO.

same design as Flight of Fear too.. but this one is outdoors.

(and I believe Poltergeist was the 1st Six Flags version and Joker's Jinx came after).

sorry it didn't do it for you, it's my favorite ride in the park.

WW is great in the front, but is intense as all hell in the back (I had bruises on my shoulders for days after riding - from the straps) when I first rode it a few times in a row. Come back and ride it again!

I think I've found out I'm just not a huge fan of coasters that corkscrew, loop, barrel roll and helix all in one round? They're fun, and I'll ride them, but they don't give me the butterfly in stomach/floating feeling I like. I think I'm more of a hilly up and down coaster fan. I'll skip Titan at SFOT most of the time because after the first big hill there's not much to it. You don't get the floating feeling. Then the helixes just make you feel like crap. I'll skip our Batman ride at SFOT most of the time as well. But, for whatever reason, Goliath was fun to me and I'd ride that every time.

(Sorry I don't know all the correct terminology)

Oh I'm coming back for a ride on the back of WW.

I know exactly what you mean! I do like inverting coasters and g-force focused coasters, but 95% of them don't hold a candle to more airtime, lateral, and sensation of speed focused coasters.

Goliath and Batman(SFOT) are technically mirror image clones, but Goliath seems to run a little slower through the course. Batman feels a lot faster and tends to cause greyouts more easily (for me at least). I like both, but on some days I'm more prone to a headache than others. Titan has the same effect, except if you come off with a headache it'll be more migraine-like. That's what surprised me so much about Raptor at Cedar Point. I was expecting a headache from it but instead got the snappiest and most fun inversions imaginable.

The "floating feeling" you describe is the airtime we all crave around here. I think you'll find you're not alone in preferring it to "loopy-de-spatula-fun-cakes" as Robb once called them.

Finally got to visit again after about 20 years. I forgot how pretty this park is. I'm gonna make it at least a yearly trip. Some things were the same as 20 years ago and some were different.

I'll spare everyone pics from my broken cell phone camera lens. Here's my run down.

Got there at 11am. Went straight to IR. 2 trains, but the 2 back rows of one weren't working. Waited about 15 minutes to ride 2nd back row, the very back had about 7 sets of people waiting and I was too excited to wait. I ride NTxG all the time and thought the first hill wouldn't be as intense. WRONG! I wasn't expecting it to turn slightly. After that first hill all that came out of my mouth was "OMG" and "HOLY SH/T!" That last drop before you go into the tunnel literally took my breathe. I was proud of myself I held my hands up the whole time, even though I felt my life was in danger. I'm in love with this coaster. I actually clapped as we were pulling back into the station, that's how happy it made me. Such a dork.

Great report! That's a bummer to hear the back car is still closed on one of the trains. It was like that at the end of April during my visit too. But you made the smart choice waiting anyway since that drop is spectacular in the back.