TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 288: New B&M Dive Machine Announced!

I just saw on the parks FB page that the Wonder Woman commercial shoot is next week.

Here's a link for folks here. April 24th - Less than a week!

LOL. . I'm too old to even apply to be in the commercial!

I guess they want the young thill seekers

Does SFFT keep all the coasters open for Holiday in the Park? I am looking at going in December. I figure they do since they're in Texas but figured I'd check. Would very much like to ride Iron Rattler.

Does SFFT keep all the coasters open for Holiday in the Park? I am looking at going in December. I figure they do since they're in Texas but figured I'd check. Would very much like to ride Iron Rattler.

For the most part, yes! Superman and Poltergeist are open depending on the weather. IRat is a thing of beauty during HIP.

I love the minimal theming in the station... At least they are trying. Also, the trains look awesome!!

But let's be honest... If it were any other coaster everyone would be b!tching about the "Over The Shoulder Harness" or the "Unnecessary Straps."

But let's be honest... If it were any other coaster everyone would be b!tching about the "Over The Shoulder Harness" or the "Unnecessary Straps."

This is the correct take.

I'm reserving judgement on the straps until I experience them myself. But to tell you the truth, I haven't had great experiences with the B&M or S&S vests so I'm not exactly excited for these.

Hey, at least there's no shin guards on these!

So no conveyor-belt moving floor thing, then?

I'm wondering if we aren't seeing it in the pic?

as of a couple of weeks ago, they were talking about "testing out the conveyor system" in the load station. . . so, like y'all, I took that to mean a conveyor belt type load. . .

so either we were all mistaken, or it's just not visible in that picture?

I'm reserving judgement on the straps until I experience them myself. But to tell you the truth, I haven't had great experiences with the B&M or S&S vests so I'm not exactly excited for these.

Hey, at least there's no shin guards on these!

Honestly if this thing runs as fast as it looks, those straps may even be necessary a la Intimidator 305 or Maverick.

I definitely have to consider planning a Texas Parks Tour in the future (2020; 2021?) - before I can't ride

(or not allowed to ride, See: My Doctor) them anymore, LOL!

So no conveyor-belt moving floor thing, then?

Not the floor, just the train. There's been videos of the installers testing the conveyor system, it looks cool!

For some reason I envisioned the conveyor belt floor like on the Ultra Twisters/Cobras Curse/etc.

Well the fact that this weekend is membership holders only will accelerate how soon I get a membership.

I had previously budgeted for a flash pass but I will probably be ysing that to make sure I don't miss Wonder Woman. I think I read I can get refunded a prorated amount of Bugs Bucks for my season pass, but I reached out to the park to check.

I think the POV is coming out this morning. I’m thinking about going during the season pass preview. It’s still going to be a lot of people but I’m hoping with school still going, it won’t be as bad.

So, apparently May 12 is the official date.

don't miss this part:

with special opportunities to ride for pass holders leading up to this date!

Yep just saw on the parks FB page that April 29th is preview day for memberships(only). The season pass/memberships(again) preview day(s) seems to be the following weekend.