TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm in line for Dare Devil Dive in technical rehearsal. This is not a drill. I repeat: this is not a drill!

Superman is my favorite floorless coaster.  I love the forces and that layout.  It also surprised me last time when I stopped at the nearby shopping mall and saw it poking above the quarry up there.

^^ It was today, Bert — from about 11:15am to 2:00pm. The mask business was bad. I'm over getting bent out of shape about such things, but I did get a few stealth-creeper snapshots to send to fri

Posted Images

Yeah, Rattler as it is now won't be around for very long me thinks

But it will be very interesting to see what they do with it!!! Can't wait.

I totally agree. The biggest thing I'm praying for is bulldozing the helix and redesign the middle part of the ride completely. In anycase, we'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully they announce something soon!

• 2 weeks later...

LAST CHANCE TO RIDE THE RATTLER

Get out to Six Flags Fiesta Texas to experience the classic wooden coaster through nearly a mile of high-speed turns, looping twists and breathtaking drops as The Ratter prepares for last riders on Sunday, August 5!

Edited by robbalvey

Just my luck! I just rode it this past Saturday! (July 7th)

I was always hearing that this ride was closing, so I wanted to give it one last ride. Sadly, I waited over an hour for it, and it broke down. We waited through and finally got to sit in the front. Was it worth it? No. Does the ride suck? Pretty much. I was just glad to give it one last spin before it leaves.

^ lol. A friend of mine rode it during a Coaster Con ERT session. It was his 300th coaster.

He pulled into the station, got out of the train, smiled broadly and said, "THREE HUNDRED! WOOOO!" I said, "did you like it?" and he said, "no, it sucked."

is it "leaving" or being re-furbed?

I can't imagine they would pull the only Wooden coaster out of Fiesta, Tx.

All we know is that RMC said that they had a project at FT. Now we know that Rattler is done as of next month.

Everything beyond that is merely speculation, but it seems a safe bet to say that the two items are related.

Now... will it be a makeover with topper track (and seeing the SDC monster going up, that wouldn't be a bad thing), a makeover with Iron Horse track (NTGiant turned out great, after all), or will they just TAER IT DOWN and build something new there?

Let the speculation begin.

as others have said, the Helix has always been terribly boring.

and the ride just hasn't been much fun (for YEARS and YEARS now) ever since they re-did the 1st drop.

but I'd love for them to keep most of the ride, and do something instead of that helix.

is it "leaving" or being re-furbed?

I can't imagine they would pull the only Wooden coaster out of Fiesta, Tx.

My understanding is that it's closing early this year to start the refurb that has long been talked about. I personally don't think they would get rid of their only wooden roller coaster.

Let the buzz begin!

Now... will it be a makeover with topper track (and seeing the SDC monster going up, that wouldn't be a bad thing), a makeover with Iron Horse track (NTGiant turned out great, after all), or will they just TAER IT DOWN and build something new there?

Though I doubt it would happen, it would be cool if they did a near-vertical drop similar to NTAG which lead into a double up into the first turn. However instead of turning back around, it went along to the right, diving and rising off and on the cliff, until it got to the other side of the park. From there it could do an intense helix/some other element, then make its way back. Probable never going to happen, but hey, at least SFFT is finally receiving a signature ride that (hopefully) will have tons of airtime.

When the train gets to the top of the cliff, does the train have enough speed for any bunny hops?

I think that's what they were attempting to do with the helix. It just doesn't work

Though I doubt it would happen, it would be cool if they did a near-vertical drop similar to NTAG which lead into a double up into the first turn. However instead of turning back around, it went along to the right, diving and rising off and on the cliff, until it got to the other side of the park. From there it could do an intense helix/some other element, then make its way back. Probable never going to happen, but hey, at least SFFT is finally receiving a signature ride that (hopefully) will have tons of airtime.

they kinda have that (at least among Texans) with Poltergeist.

that was the main reason we started going to the park.

(I know, there's a Joker themed copy of that ride in another SF park, but for Texas,it's kinda signature)

Do you think they will take a year like they did Texas Giant as Rattler isn't as massive a structure as NTAG is/was?

Depends on what they do, it is rumored they are taking out the helix and if they have to do that I can see it taking a bit longer, thankfully the weather down here is "nice" during the winter so it should not effect them being able to work in it.

Had some friends at SFFT for the first time yesterday, apparently I had forgotten to mention Rattler to them.

This was the text exchange:

Friend: "WTF was the Rattler"

Me: "LOL. Interesting Ride no?"

F: "Fuck you"

M: "Did I not warn you "

F: "Interesting is definitely the right word for it. You didn't mention it to me. We heard 2 employees say it's likely on it's last season"

Oh, and there was some talk about 2 batman clones in San Antonio.

Do you think they will take a year like they did Texas Giant as Rattler isn't as massive a structure as NTAG is/was?

My guess is spring of 2013. That leaves them about a three month window.

Not shocked at all...time to bring back the original drop and change the rest of the ride into iron horse madness. At least that's what I'm expecting

For the one who asked, it flies into the helix, it's just trimmed to death on both the first drop and at the top of the cliff before the helix.

My money goes on the Iron Horse treatment. I don't know how much they could do with topper track with a ride with a layout like this, especially if they're going to all out shut it down and everything. It's going to be so interesting to see another major overhaul!