TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Seriously though, did anyone notice that the balloon picture they posted the other day was leaning a bit, as was the picture itself (very close to 2.5 degrees off of vertical). Hmmmm.

The Balloon was leaning cause the wind was blowing. Lol. I know SFFT is being creative with their hints but I don't think the angle of the balloon is one of them.

It's gonna be a either a euro fighter or the less likely option: Beyond vertical drop RMC Woodie.

With the lawsuit against Gerstlauer, I doubt Six Flags works with them anytime soon. And I Highly doubt that we'd get a RMC, much less a beyond vertical.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and Say that we get an S&S Freefly X.

^ Yeah I don't think SF wants to invest in moving Cyclone especially in such condition it is. I'm going to go with Bogus on your predictions.

Yeah, it probably would be cheaper to give Cyclone the I-Box treatment and build a new wooden coaster at Fiesta Texas than it would be to build a new Goliath-style coaster and relocate Cyclone.

*EDIT* How much did Goliath cost?

Six Flags does not release ride costs. Cedar Fair does.

^^^ Which one is motorama?

I'll tell you this park is baffling me a bit. When I see a balloon, I look at that as the height of the ride. But with the teasers in rockville, that says dark ride to me. So they're contradicting each other. But I don't think it'll be a coaster, as looking at the park map, it doesn't look like theres really room in that area for a roller coaster of that height(Now keep in mind that I haven't actually ever been to this park, so I could be wrong about that). But if they're removing 2 rides, then that would clear up some space, but probably not enough for a coaster. The idea of that condor style ride like the one at Hersheypark seems like a good idea to me, but I'm just trying to figure out how that fits in with the realty thing they've been teasing.

1458238629_Screenshot2014-07-26at6_45_51PM.png.9fbfa22a84d3c870ff9ed621f1a3e110.png

Completely not shocking and long term few enthusiasts are gonna care. This to me speaks to the chain's willingness to start scrapping the infrastructure that's actually good and was put together well and trash it. Hustler was well done in every way with all sorts of little touches people could look for. Hopefully what goes in that space is high capacity, looks good, rides well, and doesn't require that much maintenance.

^ Yeah I don't think SF wants to invest in moving Cyclone especially in such condition it is. I'm going to go with Bogus on your predictions.

Yeah, it probably would be cheaper to give Cyclone the I-Box treatment and build a new wooden coaster at Fiesta Texas than it would be to build a new Goliath-style coaster and relocate Cyclone.

It doesn't? Maybe they used to, because I read that New Texas Giant cost 10 million, and Goliath at Magic Mountain cost 30.

It doesn't? Maybe they used to, because I read that New Texas Giant cost 10 million, and Goliath at Magic Mountain cost 30.

Yeah, well we all knew that because Six Flags released those but generally they don't release costs. That's a Cedar Fair thing.

I guess Goliath was $10 million since Outlaw Run wasthe same amount.

Could this be an RMC that dosent do anything special, by that I mean it's just a traditional wooden coaster with tons of airtime, but no loops or anything, otherwise it would be very similar to Iron Rattler.

Could this be an RMC that dosent do anything special, by that I mean it's just a traditional wooden coaster with tons of airtime, but no loops or anything, otherwise it would be very similar to Iron Rattler.

You would get no complaints from me if SFFT got an RMC airtime woodie, actually no matter whom builds it or what new attraction the park builds you won't get any complaints from me. I do love how much this park has been hyping last years and this years project, keeps us South Texans on the edge of our seats.

hmmm...they have something up their sleeve and its bothering me. In a way, I could see it being a brand new coaster since Iron Rattler was just a revamp really. They added Goliath in 2008 as their last new addition, which was actually a relocation. So a brand new coaster actually would make a lot of sense. The question is, what would fit in that area?

So let's say by chance this is a coaster. So if in fact hustler and motorama are removed(circled in red), then I could see an out and back put in that area(example in green). The area the Hustler is in could definitely be a station for the ride.

image.jpg.6383976791031afa9958b0be4a334091.jpg

Edited by CPSFMMCW

So let's say by chance this is a coaster. It's rumored that the hustler and motorama are being removed(circled in red). Is it possible that they could utilize part of that parking lot space for a new coaster(circled in blue)? If so, then I could see an out and back put there(example drawn in green).

I hate to say your picture is way off. You have circled things on the Boardwalk. Rockville is just a bit to your right. Right above Poltergeist. Well.....above and to your right.

So let's say by chance this is a coaster. It's rumored that the hustler and motorama are being removed(circled in red). I could see an out and back put there(example drawn in green).

I hate to say it, but your picture is way off.

oh ok, my bad. Fixed.