TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

^ You're kidding me right? What's wrong with 3 themed indoor coasters, a GCI, two G-Spinners (the good ones) and a B&M invert?

You're nuts. The only gripe I might have is with the name "Goliath". That took me about 2 hours to get over.

^I'm guessing he complained that no park is building an Intamin-hyper-launched-aquatrax, but instead are building family friendly coasters. Whatever though, the park/company won't care about his thoughts.

^^Why would you e-mail to complain that they aren't adding a large/custom coaster? It just shows a lack of maturity and makes all enthusiasts look bad.(go join ACE for that)

end rant

While I don't like the name Goliath, I'm still happy that SFFT is building a new coaster, and the gp won't know/care they can ride it at two other parks in the state.

Airtime-what were you thinking-&Gravity

^ , ^^ Ditto to both. Yeah, yeah, its a batman clone, but if theres any coaster that deserved to be cloned, it might as well be a good one! It just seems like just the enthusiasts that are complaining about the fact that theres two more in the same state. The General Public probably wont even notice a difference to really care about that. So good move for SFFT.

No they wont notice or they will. Dont underestimate the general public. The Batman Ride is a good ride but after 2 or 3 initial rides it isnt worth standing inline for because it is extremely short and most of Texans have gone to all SF parks and they will notice once they get in the parking lot. They wont know because it will be marketed as a completely new ride. So at least we will get a few new people for one time.

• 1 month later...
Batmans are good rides no matter where they are located or what they are called. This is a first for Six Flads a Batman not called Batman: The Ride.

Exactly! I don't know why people care so much about how this ride is called! The new coaster for Six Flags Fiesta Texas could be called 'inverted steel thing' for all I care, a Batman clone is still a good coaster and a good addition to the park.

I don't know about anyone else, but the colors don't seem to fit well with the name.

http://www.rcdb.com/ig3976.htm?picture=4

First of all, I don't think of us Texans really care about the colors. It's a good coaster and that's all that matters.

And just for the heck of it, what makes you think the colors don't go well with the name? It's all opinion and you're just used to seeing orange and teal used with the name "Goliath". If all Goliath's used blue and yellow, you would probably just complain if something new and different showed up.

^ Even worse, of alll colors to choose, why paint the tracks the exact same color as the clone down the road???:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig278.htm?picture=8

They are not the same. Great White is dark blue and black, Goliath is bright blue and yellow. They look a lot different.

I don't see why everyone hates the coaster. Sure, maybe SFFT deserved something better, but it still needed a invert. Also, most people either choose SFFT or SW, not both. So say if some people liked Great White at SW the best, they have the same thing at SFFT. More business for SF.

I just think hes used to orange and teal Goliaths.
I'm not used to any of the colors. Only two Goliath's are orange and teal anyways. Look at the one at La Ronde and Walibi. It is just purely my opinion that seeing a invert named Goliath with a blue and gray paint scheme is different.

I rest my case...

It HAS been worn out. Six Flags didnt have in the budget for a new invert so they just recycled. SFFT is full of carnival rides. I understand why it happened. When SF bought the park it had only a hand full of rides so what they did was add 3 and 4 rides a year that were mediocure to give the ride roster a boost. I fully understand why but it would have made more sense to bring Serial Thriller from Houston there instead of an identical clone that is 5 miles away. For the record, I HATE SERIAL THRILLER, but it would have given a variety to the area instead of a clone, but lets stop beating a dead horse it is a done deal.

I don't think it would've been questionable to put in a BTR when there's one at SFOT. That park is a few hours away, so folks would think "yay, now I can ride one of these in my home town!"

What *IS* questionable, though, is that there is already one in the same town that has been there for many years. Nearly everyone has already been on Great White at Sea World, so I don't really see this drawing a lot of extra local business.

If they do something "special" with it (like a tunnel, different trains, some really close clearances to nearby structures, etc) to make it seem like a totally different ride, then it could work.

If they absolutely HAD to put in a BTR there, I'd have rather seen it perched on the edge of the cliff. Coming over the lift and swooping out around the drop right at the edge of a 100+ft cliff would've been seriously cool, and reason enough for me to drive to San Antonio....

^I'm guessing he complained that no park is building an Intamin-hyper-launched-aquatrax, but instead are building family friendly coasters. Whatever though, the park/company won't care about his thoughts.

^^Why would you e-mail to complain that they aren't adding a large/custom coaster? It just shows a lack of maturity and makes all enthusiasts look bad.(go join ACE for that)

end rant

While I don't like the name Goliath, I'm still happy that SFFT is building a new coaster, and the gp won't know/care they can ride it at two other parks in the state.

Airtime-what were you thinking-&Gravity

Well,after the announcements I emailed SF to let them know that I won't be returning to my local SF park(SFA) until new attractions are added & changes in park operations are made so they just lost me,and a friend as a customer after five straight years of no new ride installations(in the ride side of the park,the waterpark doesn't count as I've got no interest in it at all) & terrible operations with regard to their flashpass nonsense.

Good thing that at least KD is adding something new to keep me going there instead.

^Well, that at least sounds a lot better than emailing them simply to inform them that you think all of the new rides the chain is adding this year are "stupid."

Depending on how you look at it, this addition makes complete sense to SF. Once SWT started getting competition from Fiesta Texas, what did they do? They added coasters. So when SFFT is feeling competition from SWT and are capable of installing a clone of arguably SWT's best ride, what do they do? Install it. It takes significance away from SWT and gives the customers of SWT less of a reason to go there. Sure, SWT is still a park that offers a very different experience than SFFT, but nevertheless, it decreases the attraction that ride might have had on customers. Just looking at it from a business perspective.

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't understand the complaining about getting a coaster clone as y'll call it here in a six flags park. The people here in san antonio who buy the season passes usually just go to Fiesta texas. instead of getting in the car, waisting a ton of gas money driving to arlington then coming back. Also most people usually buy one type of season pass. either schliterbahn, sea world, or FIesta Texas. If you buy a sea world pass or ticket for that matter, great you can go ride the steel eel and great white and watch some shows. On the flip side if you get a six flags pass you get to ride superman, scream, poltergeist and whole lot of other great rides plus you get the good shows. thats like seaworld times 2.

Also if i get this right maybe they didn't name this ride Batman because the name is copyrighted. As far as I have heard the reason they didn't name it batman was because to use that name would cost allot more money to use. Like y'll said earlier it is a relocated ride so those using less money. They are on a budget. that is all there is to it!!!!

Also they are a family park and focuses on rides that everyone can ride on If you don't like that, travel to another park that was built for extreme coaster enthusiasts.

Also shame on the person who emailed six flags on a complaint about a ride that hasn't even been built yet.

I really don't understand the complaining about getting a coaster clone as y'll call it here in a six flags park. The people here in san antonio who buy the season passes usually just go to Fiesta texas. instead of getting in the car, waisting a ton of gas money driving to arlington then coming back. Also most people usually buy one type of season pass. either schliterbahn, sea world, or FIesta Texas. If you buy a sea world pass or ticket for that matter, great you can go ride the steel eel and great white and watch some shows. On the flip side if you get a six flags pass you get to ride superman, scream, poltergeist and whole lot of other great rides plus you get the good shows. thats like seaworld times 2.

Also if i get this right maybe they didn't name this ride Batman because the name is copyrighted. As far as I have heard the reason they didn't name it batman was because to use that name would cost allot more money to use. Like y'll said earlier it is a relocated ride so those using less money. They are on a budget. that is all there is to it!!!!

Also they are a family park and focuses on rides that everyone can ride on If you don't like that, travel to another park that was built for extreme coaster enthusiasts.

Also shame on the person who emailed six flags on a complaint about a ride that hasn't even been built yet.

SFI owns the copyrights to use the B:TR name & could've done so in this case but simply chose not to at SFFT.I emailed SF to complain about a LACK of new rides being added to MY local SFpark over the past five years,not to complain about SFFT getting this ride when my homepark SFA already has an SLC to begin with.