TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

^ Yeah, after I looked at it again, I realized that. Oh well, it's still a lost opportunity to use a great theme to customize that specific type of coaster.

^^ Yeah, that's the element I was thinking of....whatever everyone calls it. That "90 degree" thing was perfectly scripted for a coaster like this. To me, this reminds me of Cedar Point dropping the ball by not putting an Intamin woodie in the Wild West section.

I agree with you beemer boy. It really was a bit of a lost opportunity on their part, The one ramp part is about the only skate boarding connection I saw with it (other than the cut outs of tony). If they really wanted to go for the skate board similar experience, they could have put in the half pipe element like Beemer Boy said, and also so strait elements to simulate the grind elements of skate boarding.

Still will be a big hit though because of the name and the fact that you don't have to be 4ft plus to ride.

I would have to disagree. This is a great idea for Six Flags Enterprise. Shapiro wanted to make it a family friendly environment and what is better then tony hawk. He represents a great role model for kids. He is tied to a lot of things toys, video games, t-shirts ect.. But you can’t hate the player you can hate the game. Hell if I was famous and a role model for families I would put my name on about everything. This is a great way to tie in family to six flags. Soon you will here every child saying mom cant we please go on the tony hawk ride. I think this is a good start to tying in family friendliness to the six flags enterprise, but that is only my two cents.

There seem to be two side to the whole SF "family" retheming thing:

1.) You want SF incorporated to succeed and get excited when they announce/ make a big deal out of little improvements that aren't even noticed at other parks.

2.) You could care less about little improvements that SF makes, b/c every other park in the world makes these types of changes and nobody makes as big of a deal out of them than SF does.

Edited by sixflagsguy5

Where did that "forest" come from in the computer images? Fiesta Texas has hardly any trees...certainly not a forest like that. I like spinning coasters though...should be fun...I was just hoping for a Texas Cyclone tribute/recreation of some sort on that real estate...oh well...

-Derek

I don't understand why nobody thinks this won't be a hit.

Yes, Tony Hawk is, like Elissa said, Whoring himself out.

That being said, he's VERY popular. He's someone who parents really don't mind his kids looking up to. Put his name on ANYTHING and it will sell.

Tell me you can't see ton's of 8 - 15 year olds seeing that there is a new "TONY HAWK" Coaster in TX and not want to go. But if it was just "Random Coaster Name" it wouldn't be that big of a thing.

Believe it or not folks, parks don't build coasters for enthusiasts, they build them for the other 99% of people who visit their parks.

Also, imagine the merchandising alone for this thing.

I actually mentioned this to Josh last night. I said there is a new spinning coaster in TX and would he want to go ride it. He wasn't very excited. But once I mentioned it was a TONY HAWK coaster he was heading for the plane already.

^^I do think it will be a hit and I agree with everything you said considering what I said before your post, I may not be interested but th GP will

But most rollercoaster enthusiasts know its just a themed Gerstlauer Spinner but if it sells its a hit for the park

If you want to talk about sell out whores, think about this... at least it's not "Pimp My Coaster" or something like that. I agree with Gregg, I think this is a great marketing plan for the park/chain. Everybody knows Tony Hawk and he seems to be a pretty good role model.

I agree with BeemerBoy though. I feel they could have taken a pretty good idea and made it great by going with a Maurer Sohne spinner to fit the theme a little better. Either way, I think it'll work out really well though. Even if the Gerstlauer doesn't fit quite as well, I personally love the Gerstlauer spinners. Timberland Twister at MOA is an absolute blast.

^^No, you are not the only one. That small portion of track with the Skate Ramp thing under it was an interesting idea, and if they themed it more with similar structures, and of better quality than the rotating Tony Hawk statues, it would be a cool looking ride. As for this ride being a clone, since Six Flags New England is about 1,968.1 miles away from Six Flags Fiesta Texas, (according to Map quest) I'm not too ticked off about them being clones of each other.

I'll probably go to Six Flags New England for the first time next summer anyway, so I'll be able to form an opinion on whether cloning Pandemonium was a good idea or not when I ride it.