TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

38 minutes ago, JonR said:

Just curious of any updates on Wonder Woman.  Heading down to Texas Wednesday through Sunday.  Looks like I'll miss the Dr. and Wonder Woman.  Poor timing on my part.  We'll be flying into Houston, hit up Hurricane Harbor there and the two parks nearby and then head over to Austin, Schlitterbahn and San Antonio area before heading back to Houston on Sunday. Don't think I'll make the drive to Dallas this trip. Maybe pick up the Seaworld credit. Been to Six Flags a couple times already. 

Wondy is back open as of Sat!

image.png.9c426f35c06450b07d999a56f61e76d7.png

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CoasterGuy06 said:

I mean seriously how does this park seem to get so much money for improvements but the others don't?? 

The dude in charge knows how to properly budget between departments.  It's not a question of getting more or less money but rather how each park's head honcho feels like spending it.

• Like 3

^While I definitely believe that has something to do with it there's clearly more to it. In essentially a year they're getting the first B&M bought by Six Flags in a literal decade, a complete re-theme of an old LIM coaster which I'm sure was not cheap, a third train for their RMC iBox coaster, and now a new train for their Boomerang? We can talk about budgeting all we want but they are clearly getting more money than SF parks much bigger than they are. They built a literal funhouse for their giant frisbee while other parks build new flats without so much as a shade structure over the queue! How is he not at least a regional VP or something , especially since their new CEO claims he was to greatly improve the guest experience and make it more premium?

20 hours ago, KBrylczyk said:

The dude in charge knows how to properly budget between departments.  It's not a question of getting more or less money but rather how each park's head honcho feels like spending it.

We're seeing a lot of capital investment into the park, and that money almost always comes from corporate.  Not denying that the GM is great at his job, but there is absolutely more money going into this park.  Seems like corporate has decided this park is joining the top tier.  And Siebert seems like the right guy to implement that.

One thing about this park that may play a role is that they're 15-20 minutes from a major competitor that keeps investing heavily in new rides and offerings. They can't really sit back and do nothing the same way they can in a lot of other markets. Even in Southern California, Magic Mountain is a solid hour away from meaningful competition with LA traffic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coasterbill said:

One thing about this park that may play a role is that they're 15-20 minutes from a major competitor that keeps investing heavily in new rides and offerings. They can't really sit back and do nothing the same way they can in a lot of other markets. Even in Southern California, Magic Mountain is a solid hour away from meaningful competition with LA traffic.

Yes. This

and Jeffrey is just pretty damn amazing 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The official POV has been posted on YouTube and the ride is opening tomorrow, I'm just wondering if they've finished the walk-through que, I thought they were still working on the que building but I could be wrong:

• Like 1

So cool watching that, and seeing all the places I was able to physically touch during the behind the scenes tour at Roller Coaster Rodeo this year! Can't wait to actually be able to ride it next time I go back, hopefully next year!

20220611_132001.jpg

20220611_131751.jpg

20220611_131151.jpg

Rode it 3 times this morning. Two preshow rooms, they seemed finished to me. I live in LA, so I wasn’t really following construction threads, so I was surprised to hear the Dr. Diabolical character is a woman!  Nice touch. Also was surprised by the ride audio stating for rides to scream on the drops.  It’s pretty awesome!

The locker system is pretty great… use your pass barcode to scan for free (bar codes are provided if you don’t have your pass on you), and you retrieve your items on the other side, so there’s no cross traffic.  Been a long time coming.  And there was a sign saying it was offering SR.

• Like 2

Riding this thing a week from tomorrow!  As well as Iron Rattler and WW for the first time.  Figure it's a strong addition to SFFT overall.  I'm not like Dive Coaster super fan or anything but I always feel like they strongly improve a day at a theme park for most.  

I left the area as this was opening, so I'll give it a whirl when I return in a couple of weeks. Out in SoCal right now, so I'll likely head over to SFMM and check out their new one in the meantime. I seem to like B&M dive coasters more than the average coaster dweeb, and I'm anticipating that this one will prove more fun than thrilling. I'm surprised, though, that the final airtime hill is allegedly quite tame. Seeing the track profile in person a few weeks ago definitely made me think it'd cause brutal ejection. Initial video reports suggest otherwise, with and without a full train. Fine by me as I'm not particularly fond of thigh-smashing jolts.

if anyone was wondering, I "disappeared" from online for a bit due to an illness and death (that I don't think I'll ever be over).

so I missed the grand opening, VIP party, and all the events surrounding the opening of Dr. Diabolical.  

i'm going to attempt a visit to the park this coming week (the last week of daily summer operations), as I'm still off work for bereavement. . . tho not sure i'll be up for actually riding anything, I'm going to try.
So will see how it goes, and if I like the new ride.

bert

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, bert425 said:

not really. . . it's not even been two weeks since my Spouse passed.

but I'm trying.

That's what I get for not properly reading posts.  I truly am sorry, both for the insensitive nature of my post but moreso for your loss.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, bert425 said:

not really. . . it's not even been two weeks since my Spouse passed.

but I'm trying.

Words on a forum cannot possibly express... I know this community including myself are here to support you. 

On 8/7/2022 at 1:00 PM, bert425 said:

if anyone was wondering, I "disappeared" from online for a bit due to an illness and death (that I don't think I'll ever be over).

so I missed the grand opening, VIP party, and all the events surrounding the opening of Dr. Diabolical.  

i'm going to attempt a visit to the park this coming week (the last week of daily summer operations), as I'm still off work for bereavement. . . tho not sure i'll be up for actually riding anything, I'm going to try.
So will see how it goes, and if I like the new ride.

bert

Hey, you know I would be there Friday if I didn't live 900 miles away. Proud of you for the effort and whatever you end up doing that day is fine, whether you ride anything or not! Hopefully everyone will put this in perspective and maybe we can play nice for a while on here.

For those that don't know it was through this forum that I met Bert and his wonderful husband and made the decision to meet them when they ventured forth to SFSTL 3 years ago, despite not being at my best that day after an ill advised neighborhood Mom's bourbon tasting party to celebrate the end of the school year the night before 🥴🥃; and I am so glad I was able to make such good friends that day. 

• Like 1

I’m going to count this as a success

The afternoon had its moments of sadness (especially on the carousel when I realized that right at that moment I would have been texting Nick the picture of me on the white rabbit. But thank goodness for Sean who distracted me by talking about how awesome cedar downs was during his trip to cedar point)

Big thanks to Sean for driving, Amy for encouraging me to try, Juan for meeting up with us as well. . . and especially Park President Jeffrey Siebert - who made a special effort to meet up with us so he could give me a hug and his condolences

Other than the carousel only rode Dr Diabolicals Cliffhanger (3 times). But was good to get out of the house. ❤️

my take on Dr. D? it's a really good dive coaster for the park, and not as extreme as it looks.

It falls somewhere in the middle of the park's coaster lineup
- not as good as Poltergeist, Wonder Woman, or Iron Rattler
- about the same level as Superman & Goliath
- better than Roadrunner Express, Batman, Pandemonium, and Boomerang.

what elevates it higher than the "same level" coasters tho, is the theming in the queue - an excellent indoor preshow with two air-conditioned rooms, animatroncs, hidden doors, and some great special effects.

The free locker system is great too, although zippered pockets seemed to work just fine without needing to use the lockers on my 2nd and 3rd rides.

unlike most dive coasters? back row is THE place to ride this coaster.

The back row gives an amazing pop of air on the 1st and midcourse drop (that you just don't get on the front or middle row), and makes the pops of air in the helixes that much stronger. so yeah. . ride back row. . right hand side of the train. . you're welcome.

and again, thanks to Jeffrey for stopping by for a hug. . it really made my afternoon, and I really can't express how much it meant to me.

IMG_8757.thumb.JPG.f144a1de47425a432dc1a10e765c8f75.JPG

IMG_4664.thumb.JPG.300f45c05aeb45edf9d2907ff8419c80.JPG

IMG_4675.thumb.JPG.89830c7811e08b91aaca96d6acfaad04.JPG

IMG_4632.JPG

IMG_4633.JPG

IMG_4634.JPG

IMG_4635.JPG

IMG_4636.JPG

IMG_4637.JPG

IMG_4638.JPG

IMG_4640.JPG

IMG_4641.JPG