TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

On 5/9/2022 at 9:00 AM, KBrylczyk said:

Easily.

I disagree even tho its my home park.  ive had killer times at GAd and OG and OT is ok also.  the one two of Ka and Toro and Goliath and Twisted Cyclone are better than IRat and ....?? Dont get me wrong Fiesta is still great but some really stan it.  Maybe Dr D will sway me but Ive yet to try MM.

4 hours ago, Bamwa said:

I disagree even tho its my home park.  ive had killer times at GAd and OG and OT is ok also.  the one two of Ka and Toro and Goliath and Twisted Cyclone are better than IRat and ....?? Dont get me wrong Fiesta is still great but some really stan it.  Maybe Dr D will sway me but Ive yet to try MM.

There are more to parks than coasters.  I'll put in in CF terms, maybe that'll help:

Cedar Point, without any argument, ultimately has the better top-tier lineup of coasters than Kings Island.  No one will question that.  However, many people believe that KI is the overall "better park" - I'm one of them.   KI just blows CP out of the water in terms of ride operations, Fast Lane offering and access design, food operations, food offerings, layout, overall quality of of coasters, and type of adult flats.   Others really love Knott's Berry Farm for all of the shows and the historic Ghost Town section.  Point is, you can't judge the quality of a park simply by it's top two coasters.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Bamwa said:

As Mike notes. . there's *way* more to parks than coasters, and SFFT has incredible theming thruout, and the location is just lovely.

it also has unique flats, and multiple 1st of their kind (or rare) coasters.   And Dr. Diabolical is absolutely gonna be a draw, as the 1st Dive Coaster in Texas (and a unique design)

if you wanna talk 1-2 thrill ride punch:

Iron Rattler - Daredevil Dive
Superman - WonderWoman
Iron Rattler - Joker
Poltergeist - Superman

and for the more general, non thrill seeker riders?
Rockin at Rockville Show - Christmas Show at Zaragoza
&
a huge 1-2 punch is:   Bug's Bunny Whitewater Rapids (flume) - Hustler.    (both really unique for a Six Flags, and I know folks who come to SFFT just for those)

Everyone likes different things. I totally get why people might prefer Magic Mountain or Great Adventure just because of their insane coaster lineups, I just never thought I'd see the day that someone told me they liked Magic Mountain because of the scenery and theming.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

Everyone likes different things. I totally get why people might prefer Magic Mountain or Great Adventure just because of their insane coaster lineups, I just never thought I'd see the day that someone told me they liked Magic Mountain because of the scenery and theming.

nahh. . they're wrong, we're right :)

• Haha 2

I do have to give SFMM credit for really stepping up their operations.  Everybody thought for sure that once the park went 365 days a year, half the rides would be down.  But that largely hasn't been the case.  All the rides are fully staffed, and most food locations are open.  Sure it may be only 1 train ops, but on the light week days, that's all they need.  Add to that the new wait times monitors now up throughout the park, improved Flass Pass/FOL pass on the phone, and mobile food ordering, it's moved up a great deal as a better park to visit.

Meantime at Knott's, which I could argue is a better park experience, is often so overcrowded nowadays, ops only so-so, and food lines that stretch forever and move glacially (with no mobile food ordering option available), I'd argue that I have a better time at SFMM than Knott's.  Knott's has become a victim of its own success, with little being done to improve their infrastructure.  SFMM is currently the exact opposite.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Manic Monte said:

Although I like the theming at SFFT, I'd stop way short of calling it incredible.  Nice theming for a SF park, but nowhere near parks like Silver Dollar City, Dollywod or even Knotts.

Rockville, Crackaxle area, los festivales. . all "incredible" theming, for any theme park. . and yes, top of the SF chain in terms of theming.

also falling under "incredible" theming?  The queue lines for:  Pirates, Joker, and Poltergeist

and the amount of planting and new benches put in over the past several months have improved the look of the park even more.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 10:15 AM, coasterbill said:

Have to agree unless "desert wasteland" at SFMM and "crack house chic" at SFGAdv is considered theming. 

• Haha 2

I HAVE been to SFMM and SFGAdv (twice each) and certainly not all but most of the major SF parks. And I have to agree that SFFT is the absolute best when considering the overall park experience; not just coaster lineup. 

20 hours ago, Manic Monte said:

Although I like the theming at SFFT, I'd stop way short of calling it incredible.  Nice theming for a SF park, but nowhere near parks like Silver Dollar City, Dollywod or even Knotts.

Perhaps but the original point was in comparison to the other SF parks.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 7:32 AM, Mike240SX said:

There are more to parks than coasters.  I'll put in in CF terms, maybe that'll help:

Cedar Point, without any argument, ultimately has the better top-tier lineup of coasters than Kings Island.  No one will question that.  However, many people believe that KI is the overall "better park" - I'm one of them.   KI just blows CP out of the water in terms of ride operations, Fast Lane offering and access design, food operations, food offerings, layout, overall quality of of coasters, and type of adult flats.   Others really love Knott's Berry Farm for all of the shows and the historic Ghost Town section.  Point is, you can't judge the quality of a park simply by it's top two coasters.

Oh God that's just laughable. I grew up outside Cleveland and Columbus. KI is the red headed stop child in this comparison and pretty much everyone in Ohio and most coaster fans worldwide agree. If CF didn't step in and save KI it would still be as terrible as when I grew up there mid 80-90s. Look at the Golden Tickets. Now I know where to place your opinion on things, lol.

38 minutes ago, Bamwa said:

Oh God that's just laughable. I grew up outside Cleveland and Columbus. KI is the red headed stop child in this comparison and pretty much everyone in Ohio and most coaster fans worldwide agree. If CF didn't step in and save KI it would still be as terrible as when I grew up there mid 80-90s. Look at the Golden Tickets. Now I know where to place your opinion on things, lol.

Ouch, I'm hurt?

And yeah, the Golden Ticket Awards are kinda a joke around here, but with only 86 posts on a not-even-three-years-old account, I shouldn't expect you to know that.

Have fun with your "amazing" Cedar Point experience, featuring:
-30-minute-wait-after-merge with Fast Lane on two of their top 3 coasters
-Their top four coasters being maintenance nightmares, and rarely running for an entire day straight.
-Most of the flats not being on Fast Lane.
-The only superb food being at Melt and Famous Dave's, which aren't even CP restaurants.
-No sense of urgency by most ride ops.
-Separate admission water park, without any Fast Lane-accepting rides (the swim up bar is nice, I'll give it that).
-Complete lack of a log flume.

Like I said, I do not question that CP has the better coaster lineup when compared to KI, and I still consider CP to be my number 2 favorite park.  My opinion was, and is, that Kings Island is the better overall park experience.

But this is a Six Flags thread, and arguing about CF parks belongs elsewhere.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, KBrylczyk said:

No but making three posts back to back to back within a few minutes of each other is pretty dumb, yeah?

Jersey folks are a special breed that never get over themselves. Snookie up! 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, KBrylczyk said:

No but making three posts back to back to back within a few minutes of each other is pretty dumb, yeah?

If you say so. They were on sufficiently different topics and so I did them separately. Why is it such an issue for you? You didn't have to read them and they were all very short.

42 minutes ago, Bamwa said:

Jersey folks are a special breed that never get over themselves. Snookie up! 

What the hell are you talking about? My profile clearly states I am from St. Louis.

There I answered two different posts at once. Happy now? 🙄

• Haha 1

Jeffrey has been posting updates on his Twitter, as they have been working on the theming in the show building:

image.png.dab0031cbe78f2db6ca464f721cf9007.png

and updating us on the progress of the 3rd train for Iron Rattler:

image.png.862516ded08d9a96ef4b48315ae3576e.png

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

great visit to SFFT yesterday with my friends Sean and Amy despite the heat (I think it hit 104), so lots of breaks in the shade, or inside a show.   

The good thing is that the Waterpark does drain almost all of the crowd from the dry areas once it's open. . so even on a Saturday when the parking lot was packed, most rides were very reasonable with short waits or even close to walk ons.   With a couple of exceptions:  both being the water rides.   and Iron Rattler. 

some heads ups for those who haven't been to the park recently and are going in the next couple of weeks:

- Iron Rattler is one train ops (sounded like an issue with train 2, and train 3 hasn't been delivered yet).  So that one gets a line fast, and will hold the line all day.   if you're solo make use of the single rider line, or buy flash pass.  Otherwise it seemed to be pulling hour+ waits most of the day.

- the water rides are full to overflowing, and all the waterfalls/squirters are on.   so you WILL get soaked on both Bugs and Gully Washer (not a complaint, I mean why else ride a water ride?  but just a heads up).

- the whole park is not open until Noon (even tho gates are at 10 and rope drop at Los Festivales is at 10:30). 
So if you get there before noon, only Los Festivales (Goliath & Boomerang), CrackAxle (Roadrunner, iron Rattler, Daredevil Dive, Gully Washer), Spassburg (Carousel & Bugs - tho it didnt' open until later in afternoon) and DC Universe (Superman, Supervillain Swings, Joker, and I think the kiddie area) will be open.      

Whitewater Bay (waterpark), Rockville (Poltergeist, WW, Batman, Hustler, Scream, school bus, taz tornado) and the Boardwalk (Wave Runner, Pirates, Pandemonium, Spinsanity, Hurricane Force 5, and the Super Loops) dont' open until noon.

- Dr. Diabolical's Cliffhanger is looking amazing, and is coming along great.   The train was (briefly) on the track during our visit, and I suspect water dummy testing will be happening soon.    the queue is coming along nicely, and I suspect will be done by end of June at the rate they are going. . if not sooner.

we were there on Deaf Awareness day, and it was so wonderful to see so many interpreters on most all the "big" rides, signing the announcements for everyone.   And Rockin at Rockville High was absolutely fabulous, with two ASL interpreters on either side of the stage just rocking out while signing the show/songs.     I think it's the best show I've ever seen in the park.

some pics from the day:

IMG_9241.thumb.JPG.05c43a22a8a3753776509c7ca23b8f35.JPG

Gully Washer Queue is SO good for getting great pics of Iron Rattler.

IMG_9249.thumb.JPG.eece8f144961e262ec4294a8fcccaa8b.JPG

IMG_9250.thumb.JPG.8c143e411f948c0439e6c52ea910c5ef.JPG

IMG_9251.thumb.JPG.39770cbfbe4d021ce9241c760b46c612.JPG

IMG_9252.thumb.JPG.a21f37df1e5f221f1cd8c4ed3e962ce4.JPG

IMG_9253.thumb.JPG.cd647920457e654550fcef78d1c09de7.JPG

IMG_9254.thumb.JPG.94348234898c4660ba799c9cc474be6d.JPG

and it was pretty full too. . . (more water in the ride and in Bug's Flume, than I've ever seen in decades of going).  it was great.

IMG_9258.thumb.JPG.c35f7b29fb78e8e08110fbe3a7a34dbc.JPG

IMG_9260.thumb.JPG.15d5a88b875b62a6faad5df563118b7b.JPG

this is what I expect from a water ride, and was not disappointed (and that's why I always bring baggies with me to parks) :)

IMG_9256.thumb.JPG.7698c6dd52823ffb9169da6943b7ac8d.JPG

they had one of the trains on the track today, but didn't get to see it on the lifthill. .where folks were up there working to get this sucker ready!

IMG_9244.thumb.JPG.6dd6145156cd494d48baedd415c46814.JPG

IMG_9248.thumb.JPG.90fb525fa6feb2ca9c2193f3341fd713.JPG

IMG_9261.thumb.JPG.5c6fe8d280b26b66387d1bb1956c3064.JPG

I've seen and heard a lot of complaining about meal options removed from the Dining Plans recently.. but there are still lots of good options avail in the park!

IMG_9263.thumb.JPG.9ae82f63f7fb2176a805298f87ad4b30.JPG

and if eating at Sangerfest Halle, gotta ride the Carousel.   I mean, it's right next door!

IMG_9273.thumb.JPG.86751900692d499da057437e1d7ff587.JPG

the 30th Anniversary revival of Rockin at Rockville High is *so* good. . and added bonus?  inside in the A/C with padded seating/bench backs.

IMG_9275.thumb.JPG.23ff8f95a49abee02f47cff3333533c3.JPG

IMG_9276.thumb.JPG.11f5e5b6e534b759a3c47a7fc6386d05.JPG

IMG_9277.thumb.JPG.7db9e36162e9477e04116ab0033237b5.JPG

added bonus was the ASL interpreter on our side (we were the Sophomores in our section), who was emanating pure joy (and looked like he was having a ball) during the performance.

IMG_9279.thumb.JPG.01b29d7c035f8f6aff0bb3b6ca0f0ac0.JPG

IMG_9280.thumb.JPG.4843bb4d9f5e46b30fbce1ceca321385.JPG

the cast sticks around after the show to pose for pics if guests would like them (and people were lining up, because yes, the show is that good)

IMG_9281.thumb.JPG.0150fd7a01ea37ba62d2637ae68f9656.JPG

and I discovered this for the 1st time (new?) snack option - Pineapple float.   

Pineapple Ice cream, Pineapple Juice, Sprite, and chunk pineapple. . . it was really good.  (and a bit sticky)
bet it would be fantastic with some rum added (Amy went and checked, and the bar at the pizza place does sell shots of rum..but decided for $15 for a shot (and the heat of the day) it would be a mistake.  so just enjoyed as is.   

IMG_9284.thumb.JPG.a1caa98bc36c1ba0bfc1fe6af15352ad.JPG

the we waited in the queue for Bugs (it was about 25 minutes), but when I found out Amy had not only never been in the queue, but she'd never even ridden it?  Yeah, was all in to wait.
and we even convinced Sean to ride with - tho he was still wet from Gully Washer earlier, and REALLY wanted to dry out.

so. . ..yeah.

(after this pic was taken, we had to sit down in the sun and take our socks off to dry -- as at the top of the drop, no kidding, about 5" of water filled up the bottom of our log. . LOL)

IMG_9292.thumb.JPG.2af345f8d01b534d24d86d5c70630439.JPG

more pics of Dr. D's Cliffhanger.   Looks like it's gonna be so amazing.

IMG_9295.thumb.JPG.0f53fadbf45fb61a0435fb3841fcb5db.JPG

IMG_9297.thumb.JPG.302c66877b77337e4226f3fd6a98e147.JPG

IMG_9298.thumb.JPG.6338af7c6effa462c5c7311f49561d86.JPG

IMG_9312.thumb.JPG.31c631961ba745a89a869de60e33d3ac.JPG

IMG_9313.thumb.JPG.0c8c8b82b2ccfe33c92527f46bf97723.JPG

IMG_9300.JPG

• Like 1