TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, bert425 said:

^ My hubby is an older gay man. . he has NO idea what a woman's orgasm looks like.

which is why I (and all the folks I was with) found it so hysterical that he responded to my Text message of the pic with the response "the woman behind you looks like she's having an orgasm"

and no, he didn't realize Paige is my friend and whom I was hanging out with. . . LOL

Yeah, I heard your story in the SWSA thread. At least your group pic that day looked like pity orgasms. I did my best to copy Paige's face in the original pic. Ask your husband what he thinks and report back.

20220420_174512.thumb.jpg.8ea407634a7a41799d8df2dcc2dd1d4b.jpg

• Haha 1

Expect it to be hot, and crowded (holiday weekend, Summer in Texas).

if you're asking if it's worth it for the "Summer Pass" at $69?    well. .that's up to you, but I say *NO* because it doesn't include parking (which is ~$30 each time).

Personally, I have the level of pass that's good at Multiple SF parks, as it tends to include parking as well .

SFFT is one of the best parks in the SF chain.     Since you're there over several days in SA tho? 

I'd absolutely just spend the $89 and get the Thrill Seeker Pass.

it includes free parking, and would make your entrance ticket just $59 (since you're saving parking). . . it also include entry to Hurricane Harbor/Splashtown outside of Houston. .if you wanna daytrip for a waterpark (besides the free waterpark that's included as part of Fiesta Texas, which is pretty good anyways).

image.png.2fb8a725bd442c82aa3327cbc9143d08.png

or actually.. if you ARE interested in Hurricane Harbor?   I'd go there FIRST, and get the pass for $25 cheaper (as that includes the free parking and unlimited access to Hurricane Harbor & SFFT):

image.png.d69962f67639e532510cadb205334614.png

so I'd either go with one of the above?  or perhaps a "GoCity" pass . . so you can do multiple attractions. . since San Antonio also has a pretty good SeaWorld, and lots of other attractions.

but yeah.. you're gonna wanna go to SFFT multiple times during your visit.  It's THAT great of a park.

2 hours ago, Jellowithdacoastercredit said:

Going to SFFT this summer,going to be in san antonio from june 29th to july 6th.

Avoid Sat. July 2 to Mon. the 4th, preferably motivate ASAP after arrival. The season often takes off on the Fourth or its weekend, weather dependent. In general, never been to SFFT, like to.

• Confused 1

^ um. .  SFFT is a year round park. 

so yeah. .there isn't really a "season" to "take off" . . . SFFT goes daily ops in late May (and that's when Whitewater Bay waterpark section opens daily too).

tho as I noted earlier, 4th of July week will be packed regardless.

20 hours ago, bill_s said:

The season often takes off on the Fourth or its weekend, weather dependent. In general, never been to SFFT, like to

If I am not mistaken,its a year round park so...I can handle waits and afford a flash pass.......

Plus isnt texas 99% sunny during the summer (Been there before)

20 hours ago, bert425 said:

o I'd either go with one of the above?  or perhaps a "GoCity" pass . . so you can do multiple attractions. . since San Antonio also has a pretty good SeaWorld, and lots of other attractions.

Good idea and I would be in the city alot 

Only thing I aint doing is seaworld

• Like 1

On 4/25/2022 at 1:00 PM, Jellowithdacoastercredit said:

If I am not mistaken,its a year round park so...I can handle waits and afford a flash pass.......

Plus isnt texas 99% sunny during the summer (Been there before)

A regular April to Oct. season is enough time for plenty of highs and lows. At any rate, the most crowded day of the entire year is probably in your date range, along with some days that maybe aren't close. But you knew that. I think most people have a good idea what days are good and bad, the underestimation is how much different it can be, both in person counts and the effect.

True though, the Fourth may not kick off an entire crowded month there.

if it's a hot day, the waterpark will take majority of the crowd (other than Bug's flume & Gully Washer Rapids). 

Flash pass will save you at least 1-2 hour lines on those two alone. . . seriously. . big coasters can be almost walk on, and these two will have massive lines if a hot day (and the Gully Washer line is "hidden". . so you dont' realize exactly how long it is, even after you are in the line). 

so if you like water rides?  yeah, the Flash Pass is worth it.

• Like 1

Regarding the vest restraints, I will say that the ones on Emperor felt a little more comfortable and forgiving than Valravn's/Gatekeeper's. During the hold on the drop the vests actually "gave" quite a bit and my whole body leaned forward a lot. No super tight locking, but I'm also only 5'9" so I can see how they could ruin the experience for a taller or larger person.

Obviously the original restraints will always be better and more freeing due to their ratcheting nature but I do think B&M has improved their vest restraints from the days of their early wing coasters. The beyond vertical drop and airtime hill on Dr. D will be awesome.

• Like 1

^ best that I've been to.

I rank it as #1, but have not been to Great Adventure (which I've heard is fantastic) or Magic Mountain (which I've also heard some good - and not good things - about).

My top 3 that I've been to:

1) Six Flags Fiesta Texas

2) Six Flags Over Georgia

no #3. . .I enjoy parts of Six Flags St. Louis, Six Flags Over Texas, and Six Flags America. . but none of them were "great"

4 minutes ago, prozach626 said:

So... SFFT best park in the chain?

Made a quick stop st SFFT last year for my bachelor party. Of the Six Flags parks I've been to, it's probably the one I'd most want to return to in the chain, with SFOG coming in second. Haven't yet visited SFOT, SFMM, SFDK, or SFM.

For me, SFMM is the winner for best park in the chain. While I liked SFFT, it really offered nothing special beyond the 'typical' SF experience and I left a touch disappointed given all the rave for the place over the years. I have had nothing but great experiences at SFMM and the ride collection is top notch and I'd take the mountainous views at SFMM over the quarry at SFFT. I'd probably give #2 in the chain to SFGam followed by SFGadv... Then I'd throw in SFFT, personally. It's been too long since I've been to SFoG, but they have not really added anything since worth a visit back... So maybe that answers my question there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Invertalon said:

For me, SFMM is the winner for best park in the chain. While I liked SFFT, it really offered nothing special beyond the 'typical' SF experience and I left a touch disappointed given all the rave for the place over the years. 

I live closer to SFFT now but never quite understood the super-rave reviews either. It doesn't stop me from going and marathoning iRat and Superman, and I certainly don't dislike the place, but SFMM wins out by a long shot for me in terms of scenery, theming, ride selection, and overall experience.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, jarmor said:

^Sooo. . . you're basing your ranking off of ride collection more so over variety, flow and aesthetics?

No. The entire experience. Rides are included, of course. But I'm more into the entire "experience" these days then just rides.