TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, ytterbiumanalyst said:

^ This is the sort of winter storm that causes Texans to go to Cancun, right?

yup. . and the Governor has been on TV all day today (and most of yesterday) telling folks that if the GRID fails, and it WON'T. .he says. . . it's not his fault.

because he's done NOTHING to prevent the same failures they had last year. . . other than block bills to fix issues at the plants.

no really.

he actually said "if you lose power, it might not be the grid..it might be a tree fell on a power line"

really.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Interestingly- no major power outages in any large Texas City. Some small outages due to fallen Trees, etc. I would say Governor Abbot's plan worked well. Then again, I doubt Bert's politics and mine would match up much. I love his Theme park posts though.

I hope Jeffery Seibert does not get in hot water with the new CEO the way Ron reportedly did. I think we lost a great guy. SFFT is still the best Park in Texas- maybe in the chain.

Be nice.... compared to Millions without power last time- it is better. This also wasn't the magnitude of storm that we had last time. Losing power happens every year during these storms...I have friends that work at ERCOT. There is plenty of power available this time. Knocked down trees and lines happens in Texas all the time. As some of  my family have these outages I do feel for people. That's why we share our home with others in times of need. I like you Bert. Don't want to argue.  

I enjoy your posts. Thanks for the posts about Fiesta- I really enjoy them.

SFFT continues to release teases on the official park Twitter account (in addition to Jeffrey's account). . . and they just released this tease of the new trains:

273754426_10159758028823491_3551552063549860110_n.thumb.png.81fbb636721863f26f26400d6a35213c.png

oh no. . is this a "comfort collar" . . on a B&M Dive Coaster?

(really hoping that's just extra support for the water dummies. .and not actually part of the restraint)

14 minutes ago, bert425 said:

oh no. . is this a "comfort collar" . . on a B&M Dive Coaster?

(really hoping that's just extra support for the water dummies. .and not actually part of the restraint)

Pretty sure those vests are part of the restraints as they look the same as the Valravn restraints.

• Like 1

Yup, these are the new standard for B&M dive coasters, unfortunately. I don't like the vests on any coaster, but they have the most negative effect on dive coasters, IMO. The vertical drops aren't nearly as intense when you're being held snuggly against the seat by a big rubber vest.

• Like 2

Fiesta Texas is weird. It's a much, much higher quality of park than any other American Six Flags park and I have no clue why. They paint things, they theme things and they maintain things. It's wild. The only other Six Flags park that's on their level is Six Flags Mexico.

I'm not really sure what I'd call the best in the chain. For me, it's probably either Fiesta or Great Adventure for entirely different reasons. One looks great and has a very good coaster lineup. One has a world-class coaster lineup that includes El Toro but also looks like a crack den.

• Like 5