TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

OMG. . this is *so* freaking awesome.

Park President Jeffrey Siebert just shared this on his twitter.   1st piece of track for 2022's "Dr Diabolical's Cliffhanger" is on it's way to San Antonio!

how cool is this?  

240599902_10227213045616517_545951024880041117_n.jpg

• Like 11

On 8/17/2021 at 4:38 PM, rachelmadcow said:

Six Flags obvi wanted a Gersty Infinity but theyre on the do not buy list so the only other brand making vertical drop coasters is B&M 

And you are basing this off of. . .

season 3 what GIF by TV One

Do we know why this park seems to operate so differently than the rest of the chain? It just feels like they have a lot more freedom to be individual. Is it just Six Flags giving them more money because of the rapidly growing San Antonio market or is there more to it than that?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, abovethesink said:

Do we know why this park seems to operate so differently than the rest of the chain? It just feels like they have a lot more freedom to be individual. Is it just Six Flags giving them more money because of the rapidly growing San Antonio market or is there more to it than that?

it's totally due to who's in charge (park president) and the results they get.    Jeffery Siebert is an amazing guy, and he does a great job at SFFT interacting with the guests as well as running the park.

Ron moved up to SFOT Park President from SFFT leadership chain, so that's why SFOT has been doing amazing things the past 16 months as well) :)

• Like 3

^ and to add to point about the Texas parks being unique due to leadership. . .if you've heard about the pretty massive changes being made to Season Passes for 2022?

the two Texas parks do not have any blackout dates during Holiday in the Park or during Frightfest - something that does not appear to be true for the other parks in the chain.
(I've heard whispers it has to do with pushback from the Park's leadership as to why SFFT & SFOT don't have blackout dates for those who want to remain Season Pass holders, rather than move over to Membership).

I'll be heading down this weekend for my first ever visit and have a few questions:

Do any rides open before posted opening, like they do at SFOG? How early should I plan to get to the park on Saturday?

I know to head to La Vibora early. Any other suggestions to minimize wait times? We're hoping to get by w/o flash pass, but we'll cave if it's slammed.

Where in the park would you recommend for lunch? Any table service options?

1 hour ago, adamico2 said:

I'll be heading down this weekend for my first ever visit and have a few questions:

Do any rides open before posted opening, like they do at SFOG? How early should I plan to get to the park on Saturday?

I know to head to La Vibora early. Any other suggestions to minimize wait times? We're hoping to get by w/o flash pass, but we'll cave if it's slammed.

Where in the park would you recommend for lunch? Any table service options?

did you mean to post this in SFOT?

La Vibora is there, not at SFFT.

1 hour ago, adamico2 said:

^That I did, oops.  I'll repost over there.

if you get a chance, go to SFFT too tho. . it's my favorite park in the SF chain.

(and the "rope drop" here is at either side of Plaza Festivales, and they let you thru the gates an hour before official opening. . so more often than not, both Goliath and Boomerang are running for the hour prior to Rope Drop)

• 3 weeks later...

Jeffrey Siebert posted on Instagram that the park has purchased a third train for Iron Rattler. I presume this is for maintenance reasons, so two trains can operate year round. Knott's made a similar move in 2017-2018 when they purchased a third train for Silver Bullet even though it can only run two. Great move!

Also, this means Six Flags made a purchase from Gerstlauer. Never say never...

DD6D0AD1-E7A0-42D7-B0A3-2C1CDD0E1A7C_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thrillseeker4552 said:

Knott's made a similar move in 2017-2018 when they purchased a third train for Silver Bullet even though it can only run two.

I've not been to Knott's since Haunt 2018, but that third train was doing a whole fat load of good in the transfer area sitting directly next to the second train that wasn't in operation even though the line was 45+ minutes.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Bamwa said:

They should order a few for Steel Vengeance while they are at it. 

SV operates consistently with the three trains it was designed with, what would be the point of that?

On 9/18/2021 at 2:10 PM, Mike240SX said:

SV operates consistently with the three trains it was designed with, what would be the point of that?

everyone says the gerschlauer trains are the most comfortable trains. also steve is owned by cedar fair so it would be a slight six flags burn also. a light ribbiing if you will

6 hours ago, Bamwa said:

everyone says the gerschlauer trains are the most comfortable trains. also steve is owned by cedar fair so it would be a slight six flags burn also. a light ribbiing if you will

I'm sure they want to spend a million dollars on new trains for their 3 year old roller coaster to give six flags a slight burn, after they just had a year of major financial losses.

6 hours ago, Bamwa said:

Everyone says the Gerstlauer trains are the most comfortable trains. Also Steel Vengeance is owned by Cedar Fair so it would be a slight Six Flags burn also. A light ribbiing if you will.

There, I fixed your post for you.

Meh, I've had no issue with the RMC trains. 

And seriously, how old are you that you think a major corporation would make any kind of business decision to "burn" or "give the other guy a light ribbing," regardless of their current financial situation?  Wow.

^ as someone who also tends to type only in lowercase (unless a proper name is being used) - that's kinda a childish attack here, Mike.
(and I have an English minor, so it's just an aesthetic choice)

otherwise, your point is dead on about why CF won't give a crap about what SF does.
(and again, IR is so short, no way will it *ever* operate with 3 trains.  

clearly the 3rd train is so there will always be 2 train operations while one is having refurb (lemme tell you, one train ops on IR for two summers in a row SUCKED).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bert425 said:

^ as someone who also tends to type only in lowercase (unless a proper name is being used) - that's kinda a childish attack here, Mike.
(and I have an English minor, so it's just an aesthetic choice)

Yeah, but you tend to use proper punctuation and actually spell things correctly.  It was kinda just the combination of it all (and using that stupid name for SV) that I felt I needed to call him out on it. :)

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 4:29 AM, Bamwa said:

Forget about the spelling and punctuation, exactly how would Cedar Fair buying Gerstlauer trains for Steel Vengeance even be a burn to Six Flags? If, as you claim, Six Flags has the most comfortable RMC trains, how would CF then buying a set be a burn to SF? A light ribbing? What?

On 9/21/2021 at 9:42 AM, jonskinny12 said:

I'm sure they want to spend a million dollars on new trains for their 3 year old roller coaster to give six flags a slight burn, after they just had a year of major financial losses.

uh woosch bro. its a thing called a joke. and the point is IRat has more comfortable trains then SV. Get it now? Nobody thinks SF would actually purchase trains for CP.

I haven't been in several weeks. . but apparently the 1st piece of track from Dr. Diabolical's Cliffhanger is in the park as a photo-op at the moment.

LOL. .  will have to make a trip up there in the next few weeks and get a pic with it!

(and ride the updated Poltergeist)

I will admit that I am also not too fond of Steel Vengeance's (and Twisted Timbers) trains. They do fit slightly differently than the standard 1st gen RMC trains. The Gerstlauer ones are much more comfortable than both! Iron Rattler and NTG have some of my favorite trains out there.

Obviously nobody is replacing trains though. But it is interesting to think that if the NTG accident never happened, if RMC still would've put their trains on the IBox rides or if we'd still be seeing the Gerstlauer ones to this day.