TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

49 minutes ago, Arthur_Seaton said:

A great addition and a spot-on location. A quarry-wall drop would have looked cool from an observer's perspective, but these rides look great free-standing as a central attraction as well. Excellent choice for this particular park.

No doubt! I love its central location in the park. The sightlines will be incredible with the first drop being at an angle for guests entering the park and then the second drop facing straight towards the entrance! Not to mention this will be in the top 3 tallest coasters in the park behind Iron Rattler and Superman. 

6 hours ago, prozach626 said:

It's open for interpretation.

Just like what constitutes a "new" ride for SFSTL, which will probably just be our delayed flat that was supposed to go in for this year. I'm happy for you all down there but our poor park (one of the original 3 ground up parks for Six Flags) just quietly celebrated our 50th anniversary. I mean it was very very quiet. We got new paint, and some fireworks, and a new kid's structure in HH......oh wait that isn't done yet despite there only being about a month left of waterpark operations. Pfffft. 🙄

Seriously though congratulations to SFFT and those of you lucky enough to have it as your home park!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, crash1984 said:

One big hint is the fact that this was announced when it was and was not part of an announcement day......

I still wouldn't rule out a Six Flags announcement day. SFFT also announced Wonder Woman separately from the other park announcements.

Wow, this is a really nice addition for SFFT. I also think B&M might really be on to something here with this "budget" (for them) dive coasters that run about 2,500 feet of track and stand about 150 ft tall. Emperor at SWSD is basically the same thing. Obviously that's still a really big buy for a midsized park or a park in the Six Flags chain, but it does open up the possibility. That B&M door had basically been closed to anyone but big spenders for a long time now.

• Like 2

I am pretty bummed that this did not dive off of the actual existing cliff that this park is built within... BUT, this appears to be a fantastic addition to a park that I absolutely loved visiting for the first time this year. It sounds like they are adding a queue experience to Poltergeist which makes it even more awesome: I thoroughly enjoyed the pre-ride experience on Joker and it definitely made the wait better.  Hopefully they are bringing the same vibe to Polty.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 7:18 PM, tndank said:

Talk about lesser known DC characters.  I think this one qualifies.

Looks like a great addition for the park. I look forward to riding it next year or two. 

23 hours ago, bert425 said:

DC character?

I'm not sure if it's supposed to be this Dr. Diabolical, but yeah if it is, definitely a deep dive...the character has only had one comic appearance, in 1968.

Either way, while I'm not a huge fan of dive coasters (they never seem to do very much and this does not appear to be an exception), great addition to a park that I one day hope to get to.

Though I am confused as to the 7-across seating...why not just go with the standard 6 or 8?

I'd guess for clearances needed for the trains. . . because that is a pretty tight space in the center of the park there.

as to Dr. Diabolical. . yeah. . not that 1-off character (certainly not form Inferior 5, which was a humor comic).
I didn't realize he was making a joke...thought he was serious in thinking it was based on something DC.   Comic fan here since I was 5, and I'm a DC fanboy.

8-wide was probably too wide (and would require the large track like Valravn/Yukon I assume), and perhaps 6 didn't have the capacity they wanted. I actually like 7-wide, it gives an exact center seat which is extremely rare on a coaster. The only others I can think of are those janky Zamperla Thunderbolt coasters.

The reason I find the 7-wide surprising, however, is because it's a new custom train, which costs more money I would guess. Rather than just grabbing an existing train design from Emperor/Valkyria or Valravn/Yukon. Everything about this whole project is very unlike Six Flags and I love it.

• Like 1

I'm inventing a new drinking game called "take a shot every time somebody wishes that this dived off the quarry wall." I'll take the themeing over the diving off the quarry wall.  I'm pretty sure I've watched every analysis video and nearly every single one has talked about the fact that it isn't on the quarry wall. 

(For reference, Superman was announced to have a ton of themeing, but they underestimated how much it was cost to stabilize the quarry wall and they had to nix the themeing due to the cost of adding extra support for the wall.) 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, joelwee said:

I still wouldn't rule out a Six Flags announcement day. SFFT also announced Wonder Woman separately from the other park announcements.

Yeah but that was because CGA was announcing RailBlazer before the big Six Flags announcement day was scheduled and SFFT moved theirs since WW was the firs Raptor coaster. Jeffery Siebert did say a couple weeks ago there would be no big announcement video from Six Flags this year.

1 hour ago, thrillseeker4552 said:

8-wide was probably too wide (and would require the large track like Valravn/Yukon I assume), and perhaps 6 didn't have the capacity they wanted. I actually like 7-wide, it gives an exact center seat which is extremely rare on a coaster. The only others I can think of are those janky Zamperla Thunderbolt coasters.

The reason I find the 7-wide surprising, however, is because it's a new custom train, which costs more money I would guess. Rather than just grabbing an existing train design from Emperor/Valkyria or Valravn/Yukon. Everything about this whole project is very unlike Six Flags and I love it.

it's VERY much like Jeffrey Siebert tho . . he's done some AMAZING things since he's been Park President.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, LegendLover said:

I'm inventing a new drinking game called "take a shot every time somebody wishes that this dived off the quarry wall." I'll take the themeing over the diving off the quarry wall.  I'm pretty sure I've watched every analysis video and nearly every single one has talked about the fact that it isn't on the quarry wall. 

(For reference, Superman was announced to have a ton of themeing, but they underestimated how much it was cost to stabilize the quarry wall and they had to nix the themeing due to the cost of adding extra support for the wall.) 

I'm with you, I could care less about the quarry wall. Superman uses it, great, but this thing is going to look great where it's at.

this is interesting.....https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Doctor_Diabolical_(Earth-Twelve) as Dr D dresses up as a woman and has a lab and made a machine. Looks like we have our first crossdresser themed ride. 

this is interesting also https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Herman_Cramer_(New_Earth)  considering lil Blimpie.

Fiesta really working that lore.

• Like 1

Jesus. Somehow I don't think that's what they were after, but people will make something out of nothing, anymore.

On 7/29/2021 at 4:15 PM, abovethesink said:

Wow, this is a really nice addition for SFFT. I also think B&M might really be on to something here with this "budget" (for them) dive coasters that run about 2,500 feet of track and stand about 150 ft tall. Emperor at SWSD is basically the same thing. Obviously that's still a really big buy for a midsized park or a park in the Six Flags chain, but it does open up the possibility. That B&M door had basically been closed to anyone but big spenders for a long time now.

I think there are several small scale B&M dive coasters overseas, so this isn't really anything new.

^ Nah, its a smaller Valravn without the dive loop and an added helix.

On 7/29/2021 at 11:02 PM, thrillseeker4552 said:

Theoretically speaking, all their trains are custom made to customer specifics be it theme or capacity so I don't see how 7 across would cost any more any other train pound for pound.  I am sure they have an array of configuration already designed and waiting for whatever fits the customers needs.  SO yeah, while 7 across may cost more than 6, i am sure it's less than 8 and 10 when looking at it barebones.

I still don't get all the complaints about the vest restraints on the B&Ms. Other than the first season on GateKeeper, where they did seem to have a tightening problem, I haven't noticed that in seasons since, and I find them generally comfortable. I certainly prefer them to head banging and stinky hard OTS restraints! 

• Like 3

On 7/30/2021 at 11:19 AM, Bamwa said:

Looks like we have our first crossdresser themed ride.

I'm pretty sure Thailand has the world beat on that front, ifyaknowhatimean...

sexy if you know what i mean GIF

• Haha 1

On 8/2/2021 at 1:42 PM, DILinator said:

I still don't get all the complaints about the vest restraints on the B&Ms. Other than the first season on GateKeeper, where they did seem to have a tightening problem, I haven't noticed that in seasons since, and I find them generally comfortable. I certainly prefer them to head banging and stinky hard OTS restraints! 

Well if you've been on Diamondback or Goliath in Atlanta those B&M clamshells are the best. So open and free and would REALLY make this ride more scary than vests or OTSRs. Kind of like the difference of TTD over Ka, just so open yet safe with just lapbars that it kind of changes the experience for the better. 

On 7/29/2021 at 6:15 PM, abovethesink said:

Wow, this is a really nice addition for SFFT. I also think B&M might really be on to something here with this "budget" (for them) dive coasters that run about 2,500 feet of track and stand about 150 ft tall.

As others have said, this isn't really anything new.

This is Oblivion's entire layout.

Untitled.jpg.31569f40c49681691b91a79408bc4bf5.jpg

This is Krake

aabzsha.jpg.31135ed99ea6fd3f4597b015b511d2e1.jpg

This is an Oblivion clone for some reason

aaclema.thumb.jpg.1d6499c3684992aef69cfc8b92c04d3e.jpg

Oblivion: The Black Hole

aadlapa.jpg.462311beca5f47bd04dc2b61adfdb967.jpg

Valkyria

aaeiyia.thumb.jpg.826289fcc2d33b9ca8eb2ead6c7f2c06.jpg

Baron

aadhzla.thumb.jpg.e9a19047441b142e56828fba7cebdedc.jpg

This is a pretty average-length dive coaster, it might even be above average.

• Like 1