TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

That guitarist does look lile Bono lol. I was expecting a splashdown element from the fountain of youth clue. Glad to have a dive and like Bert said it leaves the cliff behind Pirates for a hopefully quarry flyer someday. Would have been awesome to outtall Yukon Striker but still looks fun and will be prominent in the center of the park. Can you watch the waterfalls from the drop perhaps? 

I think it looks pretty good and happy to see Six flags making big investments again. The only thing I don’t like is the MCBR. I thought B&M was getting away from that with their newer installments like Emperor at SWSD. 

16 minutes ago, tndank said:

Talk about lesser known DC characters.  I think this one qualifies.

Looks like a great addition for the park. I look forward to riding it next year or two. 

DC character?

"Should we put the new coaster that were advertising as being a cliffhanger on the side of the quarry wall? Nah, that be two easy, lets put it smack in the middle of the park where it will ruin any sight lines the park still has, and copy an already existing layout with some slightly more than minor changes to call it custom!"... Sounds like Six Flags to me!:lol:

In all seriousness, this is SO COOL! I'm glad this is going to Fiesta Texas, and it makes me wonder if this is the new budget for Six Flags additions going forward? Unless a B&M Dive Machine now fits in the $10 Million budget...than every Six Flags park better watch out cause "DC Villain: The Ride" is coming soon to a park near you! Hoping the theme shapes up good, I've never been but it seems that Fiesta Texas always does a good job with there themes on most of there rides (at least by Six Flags standards).

This really makes me want to take a Texas trip next summer though, will have to start looking at airfares...

43 minutes ago, swfan1988 said:

"Should we put the new coaster that were advertising as being a cliffhanger on the side of the quarry wall? Nah, that be two easy, lets put it smack in the middle of the park where it will ruin any sight lines the park still has, and copy an already existing layout with some slightly more than minor changes to call it custom!"... Sounds like Six Flags to me!:lol:

In all seriousness, this is SO COOL! I'm glad this is going to Fiesta Texas, and it makes me wonder if this is the new budget for Six Flags additions going forward? Unless a B&M Dive Machine now fits in the $10 Million budget...than every Six Flags park better watch out cause "DC Villain: The Ride" is coming soon to a park near you! Hoping the theme shapes up good, I've never been but it seems that Fiesta Texas always does a good job with there themes on most of there rides (at least by Six Flags standards).

This really makes me want to take a Texas trip next summer though, will have to start looking at airfares...

To be fair, the park already has two coasters that dive off the quarry wall. And I would personally rather they keep the wall "natural" rather than cover all the remaining bits in coaster in track. It's a very nice looking area/backdrop that has "enough" coasters on it, in my personal opinion. But I get where you're coming from and the name is definitely a bit ironic.

Iron Rattler's dive off the wall is better than any drop on a B&M Dive.

• Like 3

I kinda saw it coming when I heard there was a shipment from B&M coming to SFFT even though it turned out to be replacement parts.  I was a bit surprised that they did not use the quarry wall given that the ride is called 'Cliffhanger' but it seems more practical for the ride to be built where is it instead.  Also I noticed that this ride (along with most other B&M dive machines in general) has a more compact footprint compared to other B&M coasters

I, for one, am SO EXCITED FOR THIS! I ACTUALLY REALLY WAS HOPING FOR A SMALL-SCALE DIVE MACHINE!!! I am a huge B&M fanboy. I see a LOT of the coaster YouTubers are whining about this, but I think it is important to remember that the past three coaster additions have been ultra-intense, low-capacity coasters; this will finally be a looper that will cater more to the general public. Plus it is AWESOME to see that Six Flags is officially working with B&M again! With this project most likely having a budget of about $17 million between the ride and themeing, it is amazing to see Six Flags going for some higher-priced additions. Also this has to be one of my top three favorite coaster themes with the other two being Mystic Timbers and Orion. 

All that being said, I really hope that this is a testament to how the new CEO plans to carry the company forward. I really want Fiesta Texas to be the mold for other Six Flags parks going forward with them going through and renovating old rides to breath new life into them, creating brand-new themes, creating new park events to tailor to that park specifically, etc. 

One last thing to note: Six Flags is already blowing Cedar Fair out of the water for 2022. I mean a brand-new raptor for Six Flags Magic Mountain, and a large one at that, a brand-new B&M dive coaster with new elements for a dive coaster, the mystery project at Six Flags Over Georgia, and then all the holdovers from 2020 (which shouldn't really count). All we know for Cedar Fair is a Free Spin and MAYBE the Gerstlauer. 

• Like 1

While this may turn out to be a one off deal like X-Flight was in 2012 I do think it could be the start of a new direction for Six Flags. Hopefully it is a middle ground the chain has been needing for years

The late 90s-early 2000s it felt like Oprah every year was telling all the Six Flags parks "You get a big new coaster, you get a big new coaster, everyone gets a big new coaster. But wait next year you all get another big new coaster" and while this was great at the time looking back it was a total disaster. First of all it bankrupted the chain. Second many of the new rides either took a while to get right or never really worked right in the first place and quite a few have either been sold or are no more.  Third Six Flags was very foolish at times where they put these large projects. Did Six Flags America really need a hyper coaster and a flying coaster in back to back years? Did Magic Mountain need three new coasters the year after opening up the worlds tallest coaster? Don't even get me started on SIx Flags Ohio/Worlds of Adventure putting in five coasters during 2000-2001.

Since 2007 though the chain has became the budget chain and the problem is nearly the opposite. There are coaster concepts we don't see at Six Flags simply because the chain refused to spend the money. For instance this should not be the first dive coaster for the chain, that should have been done years ago. If Six Flags had this mentality in the 90's chances are we don't see things such as the Batman clones.

The new direction I could see them going is where they are willing to spend the money. However they are not going to spend it like it was water and are going to be wise with it.

^^^ Exactly! I think this is the start of the perfect middle ground for the chain. I REALLY think we are through with the years of something new for every park every year, but most of it is budget additions. I really think that 2022 is going to be a huge year for the chain. I mean as of right now, we know to expect five new coaster with honestly a possibility for two more if we are lucky (the mystery project at Over Georgia and maybe a Goliath relocation to Frontier City or something). So those are five parks that are going to see an attendance boost due to the new coasters. I think we could start seeing a more Cedar Fair approach with two larger coasters each year and maybe a couple flat rides or waterpark additions. I think with them potentially not adding something new to every park each year, it will expand the options of renovations that will overall just improve the park image. I mean we are already seeing this with the renovation of Poltergeist at Fiesta Texas, the renovation of the Carousel and a new front entrance plaza at St. Louis, Darien Lake renovating Predator for next year. I definitely think Six Flags will still be more fair that Cedar Fair and not let parks go ten years without any brand-new major thrill rides *cough* Worlds of Fun, Michigan's Adventure, and Dorney Park *cough*, but I definitely don't think we will see random filler attractions. I mean this is all just an unsupported opinion on my behalf, but I think this is a new dawn of Six Flags. And frankly, if this ride goes over well, I wouldn't be surprised to see a larger dive coaster at Great Adventure for its 50th anniversary in 2024, one for Great America for their 50th anniversary in 2026, and then maybe one at Magic Mountain as their next coaster for why the heck not? 

3 hours ago, leqant said:

I kinda saw it coming when I heard there was a shipment from B&M coming to SFFT even though it turned out to be replacement parts. 

Something tells me that Mr. Siebert might have been lying about the replacement part thing. Oh rather, trying to throw off the scent 🤣

Great addition. It's been 15 years since I've been to SFFT so maybe next year needs to be my next visit. I really wish Jeffery Siebert could have a bigger role at SF. Something tells me he could have a similar impact on guest experience as what Matt Ouimet had at CF.

22 minutes ago, LegendLover said:

I REALLY think we are through with the years of something new for every park every year, but most of it is budget additions.

I started to bring up a similar point that I think we are past every park getting something every year, One big hint is the fact that this was announced when it was and was not part of an announcement day, With every park getting something having everything announced at once was kind of important as it further hammered in the point that every park was getting something. 

Maybe it is just me but I always hated everything being announced at once. It made the special rides seem less special and many of the rides really felt out of place being announced when they were. For instance if a park is getting a Larson Super Loop certainly they want to let people know it is coming but it would be better suited to announce just before opening day.

Well, that kind came out of the blue 😃

But really excited to finally see B&M having a beyond vertical drop, considering they were among the first to have really steep/vertical drops with their dive machines. 

• Like 1

Dive coasters have been enjoying quite the resurgence during the last few years (for example, at Cedar Point and Liseberg). The ride looks like fun, and I'm curious to see how well the queue is themed.

• Like 2

I watched the POV. I couldn't tell if they had masks on or not, but the park was doing a terrible job of making sure people were socially distancing in the queues. 

the renovation of the Carousel and a new front entrance plaza at St. Louis

We couldn't be happier...

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, crash1984 said:

I started to bring up a similar point that I think we are past every park getting something every year, One big hint is the fact that this was announced when it was and was not part of an announcement day, With every park getting something having everything announced at once was kind of important as it further hammered in the point that every park was getting something. 

Maybe it is just me but I always hated everything being announced at once. It made the special rides seem less special and many of the rides really felt out of place being announced when they were. For instance if a park is getting a Larson Super Loop certainly they want to let people know it is coming but it would be better suited to announce just before opening day.

I will say, I am just a TAD bit sad that the announcement video is gone. I actually did enjoy those. It was kinda like a Christmas morning, waking up to see what each Six Flags park got. Granted, they were quite cheesy at times, but yeah it was like opening up a box of socks when you saw that your home park got a Super Loop. 😂 

At this point, I’m just wondering if they are going to tease the Magic Mountain coaster or not. 

someone on the FB group actually was so excited by this announcement that they wondered out loud what the "big" announcement from SFOT would be.

I'd think it will be "Aquaman PowerSplash" , no?

LOL

12 minutes ago, bert425 said:

someone on the FB group actually was so excited by this announcement that they wondered out loud what the "big" announcement from SFOT would be.

I'd think it will be "Aquaman PowerSplash" , no?

LOL

Yes, as previously stated, Aquaman Powerwave is wating on parts for the new turntable apparatus. The park management apparently came to their senses and realized that a one train operation on this thing would be insane.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sportsdude360 said:

The park management apparently came to their senses and realized that a one train operation on this thing would be insane.

Glad to hear that they opted for this in the end. It seems like it'd make a big difference.

• Like 1

might be a good time to visit the park - if the expected crowds (it was expected to be PACKED) don't show.

this was supposed to start tomorrow and run for 10 days, so kinda shocking they pulled the plug the night before (gotta wonder if something else is going on and they are pointing blame?)

227938740_4083599551757965_2957927654273

CELEBRITY FAN FEST IS CANCELLED

Last night at approximately 7:30pm CST, we were formally notified by the talent representatives of Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen that both celebrities were cancelling their appearance at Celebrity Fan Fest due to the “recent spike in COVID cases and the aggressive nature of the Delta variant …..” Owen Wilson also cancelled for unclear reasons. The loss of all three Celebrity Fan Fest headliners forces us to cancel this year’s show. The overwhelming majority of all 2021 Celebrity Fan Fest attendees were linked to those three celebrities and without them attending, fans would not attend. This led to the very tough decision to cancel the show.

Here is what all fans/purchasers can expect:

1. All Celebrity Fan Fest purchases of admission tickets and passes, autographs and photo ops will be 100% refunded within 30 days.

2. Six Flags Fiesta Texas will still grant any Celebrity Fan Fest admission ticket holder access into their park FREE of CHARGE from Friday July 30th through Sunday August 8th. Please visit the Celebrity Fan Fest table inside the theme park security gate, show your Celebrity Fan Fest admission confirmation email and we will issue your free admission ticket.