TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

I love when things like this happen because all the enthusiasts who say things like "Six Flags doesn't build B&Ms" or "no parks in the US will ever build Intamins again" have to put their foot in their mouths.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, boldikus said:

I love when things like this happen because all the enthusiasts who say things like "Six Flags doesn't build B&Ms" or "no parks in the US will ever build Intamins again" have to put their foot in their mouths.

someone has already referred to it as a "family" coaster, because 150' is not a big enough drop. . .

🤪

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Did they forget they have an actual cliff they could have used?!?  I get it, they wanna spread things out lol.  When I first heard about the 7 seating configuration i was as confused as I am now but I guess it makes sense. Can't wait to get down and try it out!

• Like 3

I wondered that too. . but think they just only had space for it in the center of the park. . the quarry walls are all taken up by Supes, Iron Rattler, and Roadrunner.. so the only option was over on the Boardwalk. . and I'm hoping that area is being "saved" for an eventual out and back woodie? 

3 minutes ago, ytterbiumanalyst said:

Awesome news! I also love that they hired Bono for this event.

dr. diabolacal.PNG

she closed out the event singing Lady Gaga. . . no really!  

the ride looks AMAZING . . but I had been expecting something more heavily themed.   Tho I'm sure the station will have a lot of theming.

and then . . . something has been noticed on this picture.

image.thumb.png.330238bbe35dd691c5b0c7a0d67190dd.png

the queue is feeding thru this building. . . . so are we looking at a heavily themed indoor portion of the queue?   

I'll bet we are!   Probably Doctor Diabolical's lab.

^ Pre-show?

Or .... they're pulling a WTF and putting the Gift Shop first in the queue .... followed by having to use lockers at the station. 😀

That was a joke.

• Haha 3

It looks like an excellent dive coaster and a great fit for the park! Rather unique layout too. Should really set itself apart from the other dive coasters, considering how similar they all feel. I'm also loving the textured paint on the supports, kind of making them look like copper / iron pipe. Helps fit the steampunk theme.

11 minutes ago, Jaykethekid said:

Rather unique layout too. Should really set itself apart from the other dive coasters, considering how similar they all feel.

**Ahem**

valravn.jpg

Lol all jokes aside, it will definitely be unique to the area and finally Six Flags has a dive coaster in their coaster portfolio!

• Like 1

Holy crap! What a pleasant surprise. I don't think anybody saw this coming.

Also, a two-tone track color scheme? Six Flags building a large B&M? Is it the 2000s again?

I am extremely curious to see what additions the other parks are getting, if at all, and if they are perhaps moving beyond their copy-paste business model finally.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ytterbiumanalyst said:

Oh I meant the dude behind her, the short guy in sunglasses who is dressed exactly like an Irish boomer would imagine a cowboy would dress.

silly. . I saw him.

I was just commenting she sang GaGa to close out the presentation.

they then all went out front to pose with park attendees today. . . in the Texas heat - in leather and vinyl.   I hope they got double pay!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1