TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, LegendLover said:

Attraction Supplier News (screamscape.com)

Okay call me crazy guys. But maybe this could be what Six Flags Fiesta Texas could be getting in 2022.  I know just about everybody thinks that this will be an S&S Axis coaster, but something about this new coaster announced by Zamperla screams Six Flags. Zamperla has been promoting a new line of coasters that have been years in the making. This seems like the type of ride that Six Flags would really go for: over two hundred feet, low cost, compact, heavily marketable, and clonable. If Six Flags Fiesta Texas got this, it would be the tallest multipass launch coasters in the world, the tallest coaster in the park, and the fastest coaster in the park. That seems like the perfect attraction for Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Plus, Six Flags and Zamperla have an amazing relationship. It would only make sense that they'd be among the first to get a coaster from the new line of Zamperla coasters. 

It's not often that you have a coaster manufacturer outright say "we know our past coasters weren't that good, but we are working hard to improve them."

I agree 

• Like 1

Reading into the announcement of that new Zamperla coaster concept… “over the past five years…” In my heart, I have to believe that the new for 2022 will be an Axis, but the idea of a 230ft tall coaster coming to a Six Flags park is exciting.

62044A04-5C2E-42F2-8C01-28CBF78E2B04.jpeg

• Like 2

The 120m length of the 70m model footprint is the exact distance between two holes that have been dug (Sundance and Lone Star Lils) at SFFT for 2022, and it could fit there right next to the railroad tracks. There is apparently a third hole, though, so who knows. I've been thinking about this since Zamperla's announcement earlier in the week, but today I went out to the park to visualize it and I have to say it would be very impressive/intimidating sitting there.

• Like 2

ok. . so Mr. Siebert's hint he just posted, referenced that the new ride is for SFFT's 30th anniversary.

and specifically shows Joker from 2019 & DDD from 2021

important. 

why?  both of those are Zamperla.

tho I wish it were a new flat, and not another "extreme" coaster?   i really do think we're looking at the new Zamperla coaster here, likely the 70m model.

it all fits:

image.png.de309d3421e02489979b2356832a29f1.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bert425 said:

ok. . so Mr. Siebert's hint he just posted, referenced that the new ride is for SFFT's 30th anniversary.

and specifically shows Joker from 2019 & DDD from 2021

important. 

why?  both of those are Zamperla.

tho I wish it were a new flat, and not another "extreme" coaster?   i really do think we're looking at the new Zamperla coaster here, likely the 70m model.

it all fits:

image.png.de309d3421e02489979b2356832a29f1.png

I think you are on to something here Bert.  The evolution part if this video shows the air race, giga discovery then this.  Only thing left is to guess the name and colors. 

• Like 1

This morning's tease:

image.png.e85b2d1ea6d3c0e6dd90f7c54cd3c4e4.png

10:11 pm?   what an odd time. . . until you realize that SFFT currently has 10 coasters.

so, this pretty much locks in confirmation the new ride for 2022 is a coaster (bringing the count at the park to 11)

• Like 1

I think Jeffrey is just itching to spill the beans!

image.png.349d2d00fb387e27186036efeaf02aca.png

and my response to his query:

wait. . . . . all but one of these have COASTERS at SFFT.

I think this is the absolute confirmation we're gonna get a Zamperla Coaster!

S&S - Batman

Premier - Poltergeist

Gerstlauer - Pandemonium

Zamperla - new 2022 coaster

• Like 1

I was thinking an Axis but y'all have made very good points on here. The Double Heart coaster is not the ride I would have originally guessed for this park but it does fit in the lineup, being that the park doesn't have a swing launch yet, their only other shuttle coaster is Boomerang, and the 70m option would be the tallest ride in the park by 50ft. Not as "experimental" as an Axis would be but still is some as a brand new, untested model. 

^ I'm not 100% sold on the double heart. . .   as many of the "clues" have pointed to heavy, heavy "Screampunk" theming.

and Zamperla also sells this:

https://www.zamperla.com/products/factory-coaster/

which absolutely seems to be a perfect fit - matches all the clues, and SFFT has never had an indoor coaster (Astroworld had the popular Mayan Mindbender, and SFOT has the very popular Runaway Mountain). . .with the theming opportunities?   I think this is actually a much better fit for the park.

• Like 2

The factory coaster may fit the steampunk theming and looks ok with the drop track and all (and would be cooler if ACed in summer) but if I were Zamp and was trying to show off a new ride somewhere aka impress and take orders = make money, I'd be looking for a park to showcase the 230 footer asap. Cheers

• Like 2

Am I the only one who thinks Zamperla is a big miss? All of their rides feel like cheap versions of what they should be. Here's to hoping for something better... That said, S&S is typically a solid manufacturer and I couldn't care any less for their 4D coasters. To each their own...

• Like 2

The did have the recent problem with their frisbee ride. I can't speak to their quality actually. Good catch. I think SkyRocket II's look fun so guessing the heart will be fun also assuming it has no problems of course. Prototypes require balls and faith.

19 hours ago, CP_RULES said:

Am I the only one who thinks Zamperla is a big miss? All of their rides feel like cheap versions of what they should be.

Exactly.  Zamperla and Six Flags are a match made in heaven hell.

44 minutes ago, Bamwa said:

Saw a pic of Dare Devil Dive with planes stalled upside down on TTS Facebook page. F that! No idea how long they were upside down. Choose your flat rides accordingly.

haven't seen this yet (haven't been on FB), but each plane is programmed different, and some of them DO have an 8-10 second upside-down stall.

so could it just be a pic of that moment in time, and not a ride issue?

There's video, just shy of 30 seconds, and it's upside down for the entirety of it, while the rest of the ride is not moving, so it's not that.  Hopefully it wasn't much longer than that for the sake of anyone caught on it in the heat now, but it definitely wasn't an ordinary ride cycle.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2021 at 10:01 PM, CP_RULES said:

Am I the only one who thinks Zamperla is a big miss? All of their rides feel like cheap versions of what they should be. Here's to hoping for something better... That said, S&S is typically a solid manufacturer and I couldn't care any less for their 4D coasters. To each their own...

BUT it looks like they are actively trying to offer higher-quality coasters. They started advertising their new, higher quality train design a few months ago and they are now going to start producing their own track rather than have a third party manufacturer do it. I know their rides are generally a bit lower quality, but I really think they are trying to make high-quality coasters. I think this model could be good for Six Flags. 

5 hours ago, Bamwa said:

Saw a pic of Dare Devil Dive with planes stalled upside down on TTS Facebook page. F that! No idea how long they were upside down. Choose your flat rides accordingly.

Just curious how you were certain it wasn't a photo that just happened to be taken while the ride was upside down?

1 hour ago, boldikus said:

Just curious how you were certain it wasn't a photo that just happened to be taken while the ride was upside down?

There's video of it.

I don't remember if we're not supposed to link to videos on Facebook, or just certain other sites, so I won't direct link, but it's at

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TexasThrillSeekers/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Garet said:

Imagine being the only car stuck upside down, while all the others managed to stop upright.

I can do one better: back in 2013 when Outlaw Run opened up, out of 24 people, my lapbar was the ONE lapbar that got stuck and I couldn't get out at the end of the ride. Now I was 12 an I could NOT get out of the ride. It took them over an hour to get my lapbar unstuck.