TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Night one of Coaster Rodeo was fun. The 2 haunted houses were good. Everyone was having fun. Tomorrow a lot of tours and full park ERT to end the day. 

Also, rumors are strong they will announce a new coaster at 3pm to the Rodeo group. Hope it's true. 

Also, can I say it's great seeing the park president and brass riding rides today? Jeff was in seat 7 on WW having a good time.  Others riding Iratt tonight as well.

Poltergeist will be down after July 4th. New queue sound awesome. Should be done by Labor Day and read for Freight Fest the following week. 

Teased today is a "new signature attraction" for 2022. Scheduled to open behind those doors on Memorial Day. Coaster Rodeo 2022 will be June 10 weekend. This has been in planning for 5 years.

Also selling bricks for the path to the new attraction coming. On sales next couple weeks.

• Like 2

Dang I'm excited to see what this is going to be! Planning five years in the making! this sounds like its going to be BIG! I really have to wonder if this will be an Axis coaster if it has been in the works for five years. I'm sure during that time, S&S was in the preliminary stages of designing the Axis so maybe that is what this'll be, but I just feel like that's pushing it. I feel like whatever this ends up being will be the most expensive Six Flags coaster in recent history!

• Like 1

Excited never been to the park and not done Texas since 1995 ! Supposed to come 20 then 21 (stupid covid) .could actually be good as this looks to be a major ride. 

wheres the smart money on what are they lacking ride wise ? 

love the axis coaster idea!

Stu K 

Could this possibly be the aforementioned "new record-breaking" 2022 Gerstlauer coaster in a "challenging location"? I was looking at the park map and where the doors with the teaser are, and maybe the ride entrance/station/possibly launch area or lift (if it's a coaster) could start there and head towards the quarry wall off to the left side of Iron Rattler?

Rattlesnakes and a quarry wall could certainly be considered a "challenging location".

• Like 1

Many believe the theater right next to that will be taken out this winter. Jeff posted 4 or 5 places in the park and mentioned one is not returning.  Would give more space for the new attraction.

14 minutes ago, xVicesAndVirtues said:

Could this possibly be the aforementioned "new record-breaking" 2022 Gerstlauer coaster in a "challenging location"? I was looking at the park map and where the doors with the teaser are, and maybe the ride entrance/station/possibly launch area or lift (if it's a coaster) could start there and head towards the quarry wall off to the left side of Iron Rattler?

Rattlesnakes and a quarry wall could certainly be considered a "challenging location".

the location is towards the inside of the park, it's not against the quarry wall.

many think it's going to be the Axis coaster.

my gut, and i'm sticking with it for now, is that we're looking at a heavily themed Flat ride.

where this is in the park - CrackAxle (which very recently was rethemed to a "Screampunk" area when they installed DareDevilDive last year - which also fits into every clue that Mr. Siebert has given) has two coasters (Iron Rattler & Roadruner Express - which both have entrances directly across the path from where this new ride/attraction is going. . so I just don't see it being a coaster.   It's also VERY close to DaredevilDive, so that's why I'm not in agreement that it's the Axis coaster (why put a spinning coaster right next to the area of the park with two coasters and a spilling flat).

CreackAxle is also severely lacking in flat rides.  Other than the new DareDevilDive?  the only other non-coasters in this area are two kiddie rides, and the train station.

so I really, really do think that one of the "storefronts" on the street will have the back wall removed, that will become the queue for this new ride, and we're looking at a new flat.

we shall see tho. . . if they end up removing all of the Sundance Theater?  that's a large area, and yeah, could be a coaster. . but I feel the theater is staying, and they are just going to build next to it (where the work seems to be going) - perhaps just removing some seating from Sundance.

But until the theater is bulldozed?  I'm sticking with thinking it's a flat.

1 hour ago, Stu K said:

Excited never been to the park and not done Texas since 1995 ! Supposed to come 20 then 21 (stupid covid) .could actually be good as this looks to be a major ride. 

wheres the smart money on what are they lacking ride wise ? 

love the axis coaster idea!

Stu K 

they are lacking a Wooden Coaster.  

and folks have been begging for years for a wooden "out and back" on the boardwalk - they have the space for it (heading out towards the parking lots), but it hasn't been done (yet).

I do think eventually we'll get a woodie tho.

24 minutes ago, xVicesAndVirtues said:

I’d love to eventually see a woodie in this park. I just wish that some park, somewhere, would pick up the phone and call intamin for a woodie rather than endlessly building GCI/Gravity Group coasters. Like I don’t hate either of them. But…Intamin.

I totally agree, I wonder if it's a cost issue or if Intamin just stopped building them?  I know that Colossos had some issues (it's back open now), but El Toro/Balder/T Express have been universally praised as some of the best woodies on the planet.  I'd love to see an Intamin prefab at SFFT, but I don't know how realistic that is.

3 hours ago, bert425 said:

the location is towards the inside of the park, it's not against the quarry wall.

many think it's going to be the Axis coaster.

my gut, and i'm sticking with it for now, is that we're looking at a heavily themed Flat ride.

where this is in the park - CrackAxle (which very recently was rethemed to a "Screampunk" area when they installed DareDevilDive last year - which also fits into every clue that Mr. Siebert has given) has two coasters (Iron Rattler & Roadruner Express - which both have entrances directly across the path from where this new ride/attraction is going. . so I just don't see it being a coaster.   It's also VERY close to DaredevilDive, so that's why I'm not in agreement that it's the Axis coaster (why put a spinning coaster right next to the area of the park with two coasters and a spilling flat).

CreackAxle is also severely lacking in flat rides.  Other than the new DareDevilDive?  the only other non-coasters in this area are two kiddie rides, and the train station.

so I really, really do think that one of the "storefronts" on the street will have the back wall removed, that will become the queue for this new ride, and we're looking at a new flat.

we shall see tho. . . if they end up removing all of the Sundance Theater?  that's a large area, and yeah, could be a coaster. . but I feel the theater is staying, and they are just going to build next to it (where the work seems to be going) - perhaps just removing some seating from Sundance.

But until the theater is bulldozed?  I'm sticking with thinking it's a flat.

I just really don’t think they’d do all this teasing for a flat ride. Especially since it’s being described as a new signature attraction. Also the fact that he said he’s been five years in making. It’s been four years since Wonder Woman, so then adding a coaster for 2022 fits the pattern of adding a new coaster every couple years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LegendLover said:

I just really don’t think they’d do all this teasing for a flat ride. Especially since it’s being described as a new signature attraction. Also the fact that he said he’s been five years in making. It’s been four years since Wonder Woman, so then adding a coaster for 2022 fits the pattern of adding a new coaster every couple years. 

they would tho. . Mr. Siebert is great about that.

the teasing for Joker was EPIC. . as was the teasing for DareDevilDive.

and keep in mind - also has been teased, and announced now, Poltergeist is getting repainted (Dark green supports, light green track) with a new queue line and will be down as of July 4th.

So they DID announce something with a coaster. . and SFFT doesn't really have a pattern of new coaster every couple of years:

WW - 2018
Batman - 2015 (3 years earlier)
Iron Rattler - 2012 (2 years earlier)
Goliath - 2008 (4 years earlier)
Pandemonium - 2007 (1 year earlier)
Superman - 2000 (7 years earlier)
Poltergeist AND Boomerang - 1999 (1 year earlier)
Roadrunner Express - 1997 (2 years earlier)

Six Flags took ownership in 1996

so yeah. . I mean, it COULD be a coaster, but SFFT has been in pattern of something new every year or so. . but really, it's been multiple flats back to back between coasters.

8 minutes ago, tndank said:

RIP Sundance Theater. It's gone by end of year.  Now confirmed. 

Yup. . just saw his post as part of Thrill Seekers United FB group.

tho really, not a loss. . it took up space, and the shows that WERE there, were never very well attended (of course, removing the sunshades from it, made it hell to sit in that amphitheater anyways.

So let's see what goes in there. . . it might be a really large flat. . . or (and I dunno how much $$ Fiesta is going to spend. . but this is just wishfull thinking) - move Pandemonium there with a retheme, and build that out and back woodie for the boardwalk :)

15 hours ago, VegasBaby said:

I totally agree, I wonder if it's a cost issue or if Intamin just stopped building them?  I know that Colossos had some issues (it's back open now), but El Toro/Balder/T Express have been universally praised as some of the best woodies on the planet.  I'd love to see an Intamin prefab at SFFT, but I don't know how realistic that is.

I think it's an initial cost issue, and I'm guessing the maintenance costs down the road are higher than usual as well (we saw what happened with Colossos). I don't think we're going to see another pre-fab built... I mean, it's been 13 years since the last one. They still list the model on their website so I'm sure they'd build one if they found a customer, but there's got to be some pretty strong reasons for why it's been a decade and a half with no bites. I really thought those were going to blow up in the mid to late 2010's. GCI and GG (and for a short while RMC) then completely took over that market. 

As far as the SFFT ride goes... this does feel like we might be seeing the first Axis here, but I know someone brought up the Gerstlauer "record breaker" and that's an interesting thought too. I guess it was said it wouldn't be near the quarry wall though, and that certainly could have made the ride's placement a "challenging location". 

It should be noted that (unless I'm forgetting something) , Six Flags hasn't built a wood coaster in seven years. That doesn't mean they won't build one, but building steel coasters that are easier to maintain seems to be more on-brand for them. Also, lumber prices are falling finally but are coming off of an all-time insane high. If they wanted to build one, this probably wouldn't be the time unless it's already been paid for and planned.

As for this new addition, I don't have any guesses. I'll set my expectations for "flat ride" and if it's something cooler then it will be a pleasant surprise. If it is a flat ride, I'm sure it will be something cool with way better theming than you would expect from a Six Flags park because this park is great.

PS: I'm sure that the reason more Intamin pre-fab coasters haven't been built is 100% maintenance costs. Intamins are expensive to maintain and parts are always expensive. Six Flags (above all else) is cheap.

^ except we already have the fantastic Pirates of the Deep Sea (inhouse built Dark Ride) on the Boardwalk.

I really do still think Flat, with an awesome queue (or perhaps an indoors flat or coaster). . SFFT doesn't have an indoor coaster such as Runaway Mountain, which is hugely popular at SFOT

ok. . Mr. Siebert literally just posted this. . and I have to admit, it's another clue pointing to Axis coaster:

199088087_10226750536814086_346953365592

if you don't get the reference?    Biggest hit from the show is this song:  "Defying Gravity"

3 minutes ago, grsupercity said:

It would be nuts to see this park get the first 4D, Single rail and Axis 

Getting the Axis coaster would certainly fit with the park's history of getting first-of-it's-kind coasters.  I think the Axis coaster is a very cool concept and would love to see it at SFFT!

• 2 weeks later...

Attraction Supplier News (screamscape.com)

Okay call me crazy guys. But maybe this could be what Six Flags Fiesta Texas could be getting in 2022.  I know just about everybody thinks that this will be an S&S Axis coaster, but something about this new coaster announced by Zamperla screams Six Flags. Zamperla has been promoting a new line of coasters that have been years in the making. This seems like the type of ride that Six Flags would really go for: over two hundred feet, low cost, compact, heavily marketable, and clonable. If Six Flags Fiesta Texas got this, it would be the tallest multipass launch coasters in the world, the tallest coaster in the park, and the fastest coaster in the park. That seems like the perfect attraction for Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Plus, Six Flags and Zamperla have an amazing relationship. It would only make sense that they'd be among the first to get a coaster from the new line of Zamperla coasters. 

It's not often that you have a coaster manufacturer outright say "we know our past coasters weren't that good, but we are working hard to improve them."

• Like 3