TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

So there used to be a way to upgrade a ticket to a season pass. Any idea if they can be done online? I won't be back at sfft, but I'll hopefully be going to sfot next month and then want to take the kids to frontier city since it's close and supposedly has a great kiddie land.

call them today, and ask.

Customer service at SFFT in particular is great -  but pretty sure this must be done while you're IN the park, and presenting your ticket info from that day.

12 hours ago, bert425 said:

the best food in the park is at Kickin Chicken (across from Roadrunner Express) and Macho Nacho (across from Superman).
tho they did just add some german dishes to the Sangerfest Halle foodcourt that I've been told are really good (haven't tried them yet).

My favorite food item there is the brisket sandwich near the water park entrance.   That's my favorite food in the park and my favorite brisket anywhere.

Just now, Canobie Coaster said:

My favorite food item there is the brisket sandwich near the water park entrance.   That's my favorite food in the park and my favorite brisket anywhere.

Sorry I missed it. My turkey leg was extremely dry. You could really tell it has say out all day and there weren't guests to eat and force them to refresh. As fast as delicious brisket goes, we went to The Smoke Shack for lunch yesterday and it was delicious! *Chef's kiss*

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canobie Coaster said:

the Brisket that was part of our catered meal the other week supposedly came from there (as did the chicken and the cobbler). .   the brisket was. . . . um. . .not good.   Neither was the chicken (which was downright nasty).

the cobbler was good tho.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, teacherkim said:

Um no offense to any individual or SFFT but if you think brisket at a theme park is the best you have ever had you have clearly never been to a Jewish deli; or had real brisket. 

I mentally put qualifiers around it. . .Canobie meant "best Brisket in a Theme Park" in my head :)

tho I still think Kickin Chicken is way better. .hehe

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

as of earlier today?

Iron Rattler is back to two train operations.  (finally)

Park President Jeffrey Siebert's pic teasing the 2nd train is back:

185825172_10226529243481891_5225700490493350216_n.jpg

• Like 1

^ it's great fun over a 3 day period . . but I'd say mainly it's for those that don't have SFFT as their home park.

the "bonuses" offered during the event are great, if you've never done them - but as a "local" who's gone to a few events at the park, there was nothing there to grab me to go spend 3 days in San Antonio.

But think it's a great event for those that want a reason to go to SFFT and spend a few days there.
(the ERT in the waterpark is a HUGE advantage for those of y'all that like waterparks - LOL. . I don't so it's not a draw for me)  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Park President Jeffrey Siebert has been teasing all week that *something* is about to happen over at Poltergeist.

posts online about "the evil will soon be unleashed"

now, I don't think the coaster is actually going to be going ANYWHERE  (after all, there are only 5 of this type of coaster in the World - with 4 of them being in the USA, and only 2 of them being at a Six Flags). . but I *do* think we're about to see an update to the queue line.

the past 3 rides that SFFT has installed all have really upped the game on the queue:  Pirates of the Deep Sea (amazing themed queue including animatronic & indoor waterfall), Joker pendulum (amazing themed funhouse queue), and Daredevil Dive air-race (impressive themed queue, including smoke & fire effects).

so although some have been guessing that the "rotting plantation" setting might be getting adjusted, I don't think that's going anywhere.    (this IS Texas after all, so they aren't gonna change such a great coaster theme just because some might view it as controversial).      but the themeing has always just been the station/launch building itself. . no where else in the line.

I've not seen any line for Polty longer than 2 switchbacks in over a decade - even on busy days (granted, the switchbacks are loooooong.. so can fit a lot of people, so two switchbacks is still ~1:20  hour wait).

so I think we're either going to see, at least 1, or possibly all 3 of these:
-- The back 6-8 switchback rows (never seen filled) will be enclosed, and there's gonna be a "haunt" of some kind installed in the queue. (very possible, would also provide some shade/a/c in Texas heat)
-- Scare actors added to the queue at some point (possible. . much more possible if they build the haunt above)
-- the grassy area near the queue (that used to be the turnaround from the cars, which were removed for S&S freespin many years ago), turned into a haunted graveyard, a la the Disney Haunted mansion queue.  (this one is by far the most likely to happen).

I'll report back once Jeffrey spills the actual beans on what the change to Poltergeist is.

1 minute ago, ytterbiumanalyst said:

Are they putting it in a building? 🤞

the whole ride?

no way..it stands out in the skyline, and the two SF versions of this coaster are both outdoors.

BUT, I do think it's a strong possibility, we can see an enclosed portion of the queue - it's also something they can work on without impacting the ride (since noted, the back 6-8 switchbacks are NEVER full of people, so construction there wouldn't shut down the ride )

Curse you, ambiguity!!!

I wouldn't object to the whole ride being in a building, but yeah Paramount was the only one ever to fund a building like that, and I doubt we'll see that again.

I meant an indoor queue. Appreciated in the stupid hot Texas summers, but also a really great opportunity to set a creepy mood. It would be cool if they did.

1 hour ago, CP_RULES said:

Wait, so is Poltergeist open still? I was very much looking forward to getting to ride it next weekend.

as far as I'm aware, the ride is operating.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SharkTums said:

^Maybe spoke too soon! Rumors are it valleyed today!

yup . it's been valleying lately - it did on April 11 too.  (and one other time the other week).

Expect more severe wind restrictions to be put in place on the ride, but I fully expect it to be back up and running relatively quickly.

a  response I posted earlier to someone complaining about "poor ride maintenance" at the park:

NOTHING to do with poor maintenance.

SFFT has an excellent maintenance staff.   

This particular coaster tends to valley in high wind - which is exactly what happened here.

now, the question is - did the ride operators not notice the wind-sensors warning them the winds were too high for the coaster to operate?  Or was the sensor faulty and didn't warn?

(and by the way, Iron Ratter *also* tends to valley in high wind, so that's why that ride also shuts down if wind gusts)