TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Yeah even if the park has power and could open the optics of using power to run rollercoasters when being asked to conserve energy wouldn’t be worth the PR backlash that they would totally get and deserve.

Plus the park would probably be empty anyway...

• Like 1

You are all making too much sense about why the parks closed. I think it is actually a personal vendetta the universe has against me as a history teacher to never make it to the Alamo. I was cruelly denied entry 42 years ago by my parents and now each attempt I have made to go back has resulted in denial in the form of things like pandemics and 100 year snowstorms and such. See I got an email saying the Alamo was closing as well. That's what it's really about and no one will convince me other wise. Parks closing, pffft.....fake news! Remember it's all about the Alamo.🤠

In all seriousness I am super bummed that we have to postpone this trip yet again. I have cancelled or changed flights so many times with SW that's it ridiculous. Bert! We tried to get down there, will figure out a new plan once I am done pouting. At least I was able to get refunds or credit on most everything. (Not sure I am going to recoup my SW tickets that expire in a couple weeks but will sure try)

And I even got my nails done in purple for Mardi Gras #deniedbeignets

• Like 3

I'll have pics up from the visit yesterday in the near future (I met up with Bill & Brit and we had a fantastic day. . light crowds due to overcast/drizzly weather).

the only rides that were officially down were Daredevil Dive & Poltergeist (both due to power issues). . but sadly the Bugs Bunny Whitewater rapids were down too (sorry Bill!), and the Gully Washer - which makes sense, since DDD was down for power issue, Gully Washer station is on that same circuit.

Batman was supposed to be down, but by mid morning was testing, and ended up running (we didn't ride it tho).    Pretty much everything else came up during our day there. . . Pandemonium seemed to be up and down, but we were only on the boardwalk a couple of times to get to Pirates (which went down the first time while we were waiting on it. . . . but it came back up late in the day).

reason for update, is to note to @anonymouscactus that we captured a pic of Wonder Woman's "cage" restraint from the tester seat. . so wanted to post for ya  (thanks Brit for the picture. it's awesome :) )
you can see how it comes down over your head and clicks at the crotch.

154325258_10223095870859536_8739689605460762193_n.thumb.jpg.659f340e47e44392234183e6e6b47f13.jpg

also on Roadrunner Express - looks like they've swapped out the old skool trains, so instead of a flat bench with a lap bar that comes down across both?  it's now individual "bucket" type seats, with individual waist restraint.    Still very "fluffy friendly" tho.

more pics from the day coming later, including some of the Mardi Gras food/atmosphere. (and hopefully onride pics!   hysterically the Wonder Woman camera was messed up and so everyone came out blurry. . but it was just flying in the drizzle, so I thought that was appropriate anyways. . but they weren't selling those blurry pics).

• Like 3

^ those are Hurricanes (they had them both frozen and on the rocks), as well as a whole list of other drinks/beers avail.

https://www.neworleans.com/drink/cocktails/hurricane/

Traditional Hurricane Recipe

2 oz. light rum

2 oz. dark rum

2 oz. passion fruit juice

1 oz. orange juice

½ oz. fresh lime juice

1 tablespoon simple syrup

1 tablespoon grenadine

Garnish: orange slice and cherry

Shake all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and strain into a hurricane glass filled with ice. Garnish with a cheery and an orange slice.

SFFT is an alcohol inclusive park - you can get all kinds of beer (tap/can), mixed or frozen drinks at several places in the park (and walk with them). . . but since this is last weekend of Mardi Gras, they had all the Mardi Gras drinks avail too.

I have a pic of one of the drink menus on my phone. . I'll post it in a bit, once I get them transferred.

Edit. . added drink menu. . .this one is from the "full bar" stand. . the beer stands offered the on the Rocks Hurricanes, and the frozen Hurricanes had their own booth.

IMG_4400.JPG

• Like 1

On 1/18/2021 at 9:03 AM, jedimaster1227 said:

Mardi Gras Festival highlights:

• The Houngan House of Voodoo – New for 2021 – The Mardi Gras Festival expands into the Spassburg area of the park with the addition of The Houngan House of Voodoo. A voodoo priest lures inquisitive guests through room-after-room of his cursed French Quarter home filled with magical dolls, potions, charms and gris-gris in this voodoo-themed walk-thru attraction. Social distancing will be strictly enforced. This mysterious new addition to the Mardi Gras Festival is included with park admission (reservation required)

got an email from the park, noting that they are keeping Houngan House of Voodoo open thru Spring Break (so daily 3/6-3/14, then again from 3/17-3/21).

great move by the park, as this walk thru is SO well done, and worth a visit. . it's amazing it's in a Six Flags park, as it's a better Haunt than most upcharge ones are!

IMG_4378.JPG

IMG_4377.JPG

Hey, I ended up at SFFT this weekend, too! Stopped in for a few hours both Saturday and Sunday. I also indulged in the Hurricanes-on-the-rocks, which were better on Saturday than Sunday because Saturday's (unintentionally hilarious) bartender was pouring Southern Comfort on top of all the drinks because she didn't think there was enough liquor in the pre-mixed cocktail. Amazing.

Poltergeist was down both days so that makes 3 visits to SFFT where this credit has eluded me. I have a better track record with Lightning Rod...

I was also queuing for the Pirate ride around 4:30pm Saturday when it went down and they emptied the line...and so was my friend who was also in the park (and also on these forums)! If it was the same breakdown, it's crazy that none of our 3 groups ran into each other!

Overall, Six Flags Fiesta Texas felt alive and vibrant. A solid Six Flags park that could probably become the best Six Flags park with the addition of a hyper coaster.

• Like 1

^ you must have been Exiting pirates when we were!   crazy we didn't bump into each other - and sad :(. . would have loved to say hello!

it DID come back up tho, since we rode it about 90 minutes later

Poltergeist was down sadly, for the same issue DareDevil Dive - the Power was still down from the storms 2 weeks ago.
I suspect Poltergeist COULD have run - since Batman was up and running, and that's on the same grid in the park (and Park President Jeffrey Siebert had told us online Batman was going to be down for the power issue) -  but they probably didn't want to put stress on the still tenuous grid.    I don't know details of a LIM Launch coaster, but gotta imagine that eats probably more power than any other ride in the park?  (except maybe Joker?)

it's SUPPOSED to be back up starting Saturday, for the daily Spring Break weeks.

• 4 weeks later...

Going to San Antonio for the first time this week. Have reservations for SFFT Thursday. Plan to use my 4 free one time Flash Passes on Iron Rattler, Superman, Poltergeist, and Road Runner. Hoping I won’t really need them on a Thursday, but it is spring break. Going to see the Alamo Friday morning and then Seaworld. Only interested in Texas Stingray, Steel Eel, and WaveBreaker so if I get done early with Seaworld I might make another stop at SFFT before going out to ZDT’s. 

I have reserved preferred parking at SFFT. How is it set up there? Trying to avoid what happened at SFOT where it wasn’t very clearly marked and I had to cut across 5 lanes to get into the preferred parking area. 

I thought preferred parking was pretty easy to get to compared to Over Texas.  Just follow the cones and you'll see the sign along the right side.  Make sure to get your preferred parking pass from the original parking booth; they will ask to see that.

When I was there a few weeks ago, Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster was eligible for Flash/Skip-the-line passes.  Not sure if that was just a spring break thing, though.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, clippers6 said:

Going to San Antonio for the first time this week. Have reservations for SFFT Thursday. Plan to use my 4 free one time Flash Passes on Iron Rattler, Superman, Poltergeist, and Road Runner. Hoping I won’t really need them on a Thursday, but it is spring break. Going to see the Alamo Friday morning and then Seaworld. Only interested in Texas Stingray, Steel Eel, and WaveBreaker so if I get done early with Seaworld I might make another stop at SFFT before going out to ZDT’s. 

I have reserved preferred parking at SFFT. How is it set up there? Trying to avoid what happened at SFOT where it wasn’t very clearly marked and I had to cut across 5 lanes to get into the preferred parking area. 

you can't miss the preferred parking at Fiesta. . you pass it 1st, before you get to the General parking.   (there will be someone at the entrance cones to the preferred area).

as to your Flash Pass - personally, I would not waste them on Superman (it's a people eater. . . even if a long line, it moves fast), or Roadrunner (which can get long lines if the park is crowded, but at the end of the day it's an Arrow Mine train.  a good one, but still).

I'd use those 2 "saved" skip the lines for Wonder Woman (capacity is awful, and the ride is incredible), and Joker (due to the queue, they often run non-full cycles, as it takes them a long time to get folks thru the fun-house -  which is AWESOME by the way, and the Flash Pass gets you in line just in front of the funhouse instead of the long snaking queue.

it's your 1st time at the park so will mention:  Poltergeist Flash Pass will put you directly in the Station (it's the best skip the line in the park), Iron Rattler puts you one ramp down from the station - but they have been holding the general line before that point, so it's basically a station wait.   The issue you'll have is if the park IS crowded?  the Iron Rattler flash pass entrance is a decent way inside the main queue - so if busy, and the line spills out of the queue?  you'll have to get past people to get to the Flash Pass entrance.   (same thing with Wonder Woman - flash pass entrance is way down in the queue, so you'll have to "excuse me" past a lot of folks to get to that entrance. . . but people are polite at SFFT and will move over to let you pass).

rides unique to SFFT not to miss:
Hustler (it's teacups themed to pool balls.. fantastic)
Daredevil Dive (newest ride, so might have a wait)
the boardwalk spinner rides:   Spinsanity (next gen Tilt-a-whirl) & Wave Runner (Huss Scrambler that runs a great program)
Pirates of the Deep Sea (also on Boardwalk, behind wave runner) - an inhouse created dark shooting ride.  Impressive as all hell for a Six Flags park.
Bug's Whitewater Rapids. (a wonderfully themed flume ride in the Spassburg section.  It's been down for refurb on my last visit in late Feb, but I think is supposed to be back up?)

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the advice dankeykang and Bert. I didn’t know Wonder Woman Flash Pass had reopened. I’ll get that in place of Superman. Not a huge fan of pendulums, but I kind of want to go through the funhouse. Might try and hit it early and chicken exit after the funhouse. 

Rough day so far. Poltergeist and IRat not operating. Most flats closed. 

I also apparently don’t fit on Wonder Woman. Was a little surprised. I’ve never not fit on a ride before. I would say I have about the same body shape as Robb Alvey and am smaller than a lot of the people I’ve seen ride on YouTube. I fit in the seat, but the restraint won’t go down low enough for the center seat belt to clip. I’m 6’1 which I don’t think is uncommonly tall. 

Currently in the station for Superman. Ride is down. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, tndank said:

Sometimes those shoulder belts gets real sticky and don't like to move.  May want to try using your shoulders to pull them out a bit more once you sit down?

I think I could have made it happen if I pushed hard enough. Ride op was pushing hard, trying to make it work which I appreciated a lot. But it was already so uncomfortable I could only imagine how banged up I would get on the actual ride. Shoulder restraints hit the back of my head when I try to pull them down; have to kind of snake my way into them. Maybe I just haven’t been paying attention, but never heard of raptors being fluffy/tall unfriendly before. 

Love how beautiful this park is and have loved the city of San Antonio so far. Love all the 90s music they play here! Going to come back tomorrow and try to get on IRat. Park has pretty much emptied out. Surprised they have so many bands playing. They’re attracting less than a dozen people per show. Seems like they could have used that money to open 1 or two more rides. Got on Superman, Goliath, Pirates, Road Runner, and the train. Didn’t fit on WW and didn’t want to do Pandemonium solo. No other coasters open (didn’t check the kiddie coaster). Road Runner ride op said this is the slowest she’s ever seen on that ride. 

Bit of a disappointment, but will try again tomorrow. 

• Like 1

WonderWoman is SUPER fluffy friendly.

did you try the test seat out front?   try it tomorrow and check. . it could be that you just got in a weird seat with shorter connector or something?  (when I was there last month, they tried to tell me I was too big and I assured them that I have ridden this coaster dozens of times. . . and after moving back one seat, fit no problem.

so you may just have gotten a "bad" seat. . . try the tester out front tomorrow to confirm if you can fit.  (its' just to the left of the entrance)

IMG_4393.JPG

On 1/18/2021 at 3:03 PM, jedimaster1227 said:

Six Flags Fiesta Texas has sent us a press release about the return of the annual Mardi Gras Festival at Six Flags Fiesta Texas including several new experiences that will debut this year!

603668844_SFFTMardiGrasLogo.thumb.png.4ff8da34317ff4d02e7febc17fe4a67d.png

The 5th Annual Mardi Gras Festival returns to Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Stroll through different Mardi Gras villages and experience a new voodoo-themed walk-through, live music, an extensive menu of the French Quarter’s favorite foods and drinks, and of course, beads galore. The theme park will continue its extra focus on health and safety in 2021 with the addition of spontaneous pop-up cavalcades in lieu of traditional parades.

“Over the past five years, we’ve created the premier Mardi Gras Festival in South Texas, and this year’s event offers our guests more than ever,” said Park President Jeffrey Siebert.  “Guests of all ages can enjoy all the ambiance and energy of The Big Easy while celebrating together safely.”

Six Flags Fiesta Texas’ Mardi Gras Festival will be open on weekend and select days through February 28, 2021 and the event is included with all active Memberships and Season Passes. Visit www.sixflags.com for specific operating hours.

Mardi Gras Festival highlights:

• The Houngan House of Voodoo – New for 2021 – The Mardi Gras Festival expands into the Spassburg area of the park with the addition of The Houngan House of Voodoo. A voodoo priest lures inquisitive guests through room-after-room of his cursed French Quarter home filled with magical dolls, potions, charms and gris-gris in this voodoo-themed walk-thru attraction. Social distancing will be strictly enforced. This mysterious new addition to the Mardi Gras Festival is included with park admission (reservation required)
  • Mardi Gras Pop-Up Cavalcades – New for 2021 – Guests will be delighted by spontaneous pop-up cavalcades featuring Bugs & Lola or the park’s Mardi Gras brass band in a bead-dazzled vehicle. These colorful, spontaneous, one-vehicle processions will appear four times a day
  • Mardi Gras Beads – What is Mardi Gras without beads? The Mardi Gras bead colors of purple, green, and gold symbolize justice (purple), faith (green) and power (gold). Guests are provided complimentary traditional Mardi Gras beads at various locations
  • Live Music – The street sounds of The Big Easy fill the air with live music by the Dixieland Band, The King Williams Brass Band, and other musical entertainment throughout the park
  • Street Entertainment – The party continues with street shows and performances along the midways in Rockville, Spassburg, and Texas State Square 
  • Colorful Décor – The Mardi Gras Festival is a vibrant celebration when Six Flags Fiesta Texas is blanketed with colorful decorations that capture the spirit of this world-famous New Orleans party 
  • Taste of Mardi Gras – Back by popular demand are the delicious and authentic food and drinks of Mardi Gras, including gumbo, jambalaya, crawfish, bacon-wrapped boudin balls, beignets, hurricanes, and a wide variety of beer.  This year’s event also features a long list of new treats for 2021 including gator bites, bacon wrapped Cajun pork ribs, and praline cheesecake.

Six Flags Fiesta Texas 2021 Season Passes and Memberships are currently on sale. Members enjoy priority park entry and tremendous discounts of up to 50% on nearly all food and merchandise purchases all season long. Members also receive skip-the-line passes, sneak previews, and extended ride times on some of their favorite rides and attractions. To purchase a ticket for the Mardi Gras Festival, visit www.sixflags.com/fiestatexas. 

Six Flags worked in partnership with its epidemiologist consultants to create a safe experience that meets or exceeds federal, state, and local guidelines. Park attendance will be carefully monitored to avoid overcrowding and all Members, Season Pass Holders, and guests with single-day tickets will be required to make a reservation to attend the Mardi Gras Festival. In addition:

• All team members and all guests two years and up will be required to wear masks covering the nose and mouth while in the parks;
  • Props, rides, restraints, handrails, and dining and restroom facilities will be cleaned and sanitized regularly; and
  • Multiple alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the parks for guest and team member usage.

For more information on Mardi Gras Festival and Six Flags’ comprehensive safety guidelines, visit www.sixflags.com.

SFFT Mardi Gras 3.jpg

SFFT Mardi Gras 2.jpg

SFFT Mardi Gras 1.jpg

This looks really good. Holding out for something similar at Alton Towers when they host their version of the event.

Really quite like the costumes and parade floats.