TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Thanks for the confirmation that I made the right decision. Today was day #6 of an anticipated 13 days in a row below freezing for us. When you guys are in the teens on Sunday we are supposed to have below 0 temps. I swear if the long forecast holds and it is in the 60's when we get there weekend after next I may be putting on my swimsuit and looking for a pool 😜

• Like 1

On 2/11/2021 at 8:08 PM, teacherkim said:

Thanks for the confirmation that I made the right decision. Today was day #6 of an anticipated 13 days in a row below freezing for us. When you guys are in the teens on Sunday we are supposed to have below 0 temps. I swear if the long forecast holds and it is in the 60's when we get there weekend after next I may be putting on my swimsuit and looking for a pool 😜

oh yes. . DEFINITELY the correct call.

right now, forecast for Sunday/Monday has low temps predicted to be -1 (with high of 8).   yeah.
we're under Winter storm warning until Monday afternoon (sleet/ice thruout weekend), with 100% chance of Snow on Monday. 

then a 2nd front coming thru on Wed with 60% chance of snow!

*but* right now, on Sat, 2/20, high is supposed to be low 60's, and on Sunday High in the 70's

here's our back peach tree from a few hours ago (we've gotten SUPER lucky and haven't lost any limbs from the large trees in the front - the rest of the neighborhood looks like a bomb dropped with broken trees everywhere - but seeing the forecast? yeah, we're gonna lose some of our tree limbs).

tree2.jpg

tree1.jpg

Yep. This is the view from my bedroom window. And we will be under a wind chill advisory starting 6 pm tonight - Monday morning with snow Sunday night and more on Wednesday. Right after I took this I went out into the frozen tundra and unfroze the water in the bird bath and refilled the feeders and I had flocks of grateful birds all over the place. I cannot tell you what the thought of 60 or 70 degrees feels like. Not supposed to get above freezing here for another week.

snow.jpg

snow2.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coasternut said:

^ I read you guys are getting hammered. Stay safe and I hope your power stays on.

thanks. . . don't wanna jinx it - especially since it's a statewide mandate for the rolling blackouts.    We don't use Austin Energy tho, since we're technically not in the city.   Our power company IS doing the rolling blackouts too, but not as severe as Austin Energy is doing, and hasn't affected us (yet).

I know you are getting freakish weather for your neighborhood and I hopefully they don't mess with your power!! ...........BUT you have sun, haven't seen that for ages. The high in the Lou today was 5, with a wind chill of -14. We are getting about 7 inches of snow as well, right now as I look out the window it is snowing sideways. And we are getting more snow on Wednesday, but good news it is looking good for us to get out of here Friday morning and the current forecast for Saturday in San Antonio is almost 55 degrees warmer than it is here right now. Day 10 of below freezing weather.

• Like 2

How "fluffy friendly" is Wonder Woman? I can fit in any standard RMC with retractable belts such as Steel Vengeance and Twisted Timbers of I remember correctly (with a good push from an operator), and can usually barely fit the b&m invert clones on the non-modified rows with the belt being just barely king enough, but I've never been on a single rail and obviously the restraints are much different. Are they more lenient than a standard RMC? Or something like a standard b&m invert? I know it depends on where you carry your weight, but just need a general comparison.

Also: How are the seat belts on Iron Rattler? I struggled with Goliath at SF Great America but was barely able to ride it. Are the belts a fixed length and are they hard to deal with or is it pretty much anybody can fit the belt but just have to get the green light on the main restraint?

I gained a little weight from my "normal" but luckily I have a few months to lose a few pounds.

You are probably going to be ok.  IR doesn't use RMC trains.  They are a bit roomier and better.  Texas Giant has them, too.

WW is probably going to be tight but the reps can give it a good shove and usually get a couple more clicks.  Not all the vests are as flexible.  After you get in and pull it down, use your shoulders to try and pull the vest out some more.  Shorter than ~6' and that might not be a concern.  You'll understand once you get on it if you remember.

Goliath (Batman clone) has typical big boy seats in a couple rows.  

I don't think anything else should be a problem.  

1 hour ago, anonymouscactus said:

How "fluffy friendly" is Wonder Woman? I can fit in any standard RMC with retractable belts such as Steel Vengeance and Twisted Timbers of I remember correctly (with a good push from an operator), and can usually barely fit the b&m invert clones on the non-modified rows with the belt being just barely king enough, but I've never been on a single rail and obviously the restraints are much different. Are they more lenient than a standard RMC? Or something like a standard b&m invert? I know it depends on where you carry your weight, but just need a general comparison.

Also: How are the seat belts on Iron Rattler? I struggled with Goliath at SF Great America but was barely able to ride it. Are the belts a fixed length and are they hard to deal with or is it pretty much anybody can fit the belt but just have to get the green light on the main restraint?

I gained a little weight from my "normal" but luckily I have a few months to lose a few pounds.

INCREDIBLY  friendly.

I've only ever seen one person not able to get the "cage" restraint to click.  (WW does not have standard RMC restraint. .it's a "cage" that comes down over you - with two connected shoulder straps - and then clicks into a seatbelt in the front.

the only coaster you're going to have an issue with is going to be Poltergeist.   the restraints on that are NOT friendly to many different body types - the lap bar will be fine, but the shorter side seatbelt MUST be able to click, and many folks have issues with that.   So expect you won't be able to ride Poltergeist.   It's extremely rare that I've ridden and the train didn't have at least 1 - usually 2 - folks that have to get out as restraint won't click in place.

the two B&Ms (Goliath (Batman clone) & Superman) both have "Big Boy" seats).  
Iron Rattler & Pandemonium have lap bar that have a lot of space.  IR has an adjustable seat belt that has to be on too.. that wont' be an issue, but you might need to really suck in to get the green light.  you should be ok.

Roadrunner is old skool lap bar restraints, so no worries there.

Batman (S&S 4D), again has an overhead that has to lock in, but also never seen someone walked from that.

I dunno on Boomerang, as havne't ridden in a while, but believe it's OTSR, so that should be ok if you wanted to ride it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, anonymouscactus said:

Thank you both for the great info. Much appreciated. Flight of fear was definitely a tough one so I'd imagine it's similar to poltergeist. Glad to hear about Wonder Woman though, I know it's a weird position but just want to know going into it what to expect.

Thanks again!

I dont' recall FoF having that extra "side" seatbelt, that won't click in, unless you have the lap bar down low enough.

but it's absolutely there on Poltergeist, and causes lots of walks of shame.

and park just announced they are closed on Saturday (SFOT announced ~2 hours ago).

San Antonio *is* still getting snow and freezing rain today (as is Austin, tho sun is out at the moment), but I suspect these closures are likely due to reducing strain on the Texas Power Grid.

sucks, as was looking forward to getting out of the house - trapped inside for 6 days.  but I understand.

This cancelled the big ACE event on Saturday at the park too (obviously).

So now two weekends in a row, was supposed to be at Fiesta, Tx, and didn't make it.     so *maaaaaaaybe* can manage to meet up with weary travelers in a couple of weeks.   Reach out if you wanna, Bill/Brit :)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, DBru said:

^Which is why I booked nonrefundable hotel rooms for this weekend. Dammit. lol

try for refund anyways. . the whole city will still be shut down, so can't hurt to ask!

• Like 3