TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, jconsolmagno said:

Have they opened up the Pirates dark ride yet this year? When I was there in June, it was closed due to social distancing.

it's been back open since Mid October.

it was open during our Frightfest (or whatever they are calling it..the name isn't sticking in my head)

we woulda rode it too, but it broke down while we were in line. . but it's been open since mid Oct.

I think Sunday will be dead if the weather forecast sticks. Right now it says 40 with some wind, meaning in the 30's and cold all day, so I am hoping that it changes (Forecast has been different every time I look) IF it does end up being that cold; do I need to worry about a lot of ride closures or even a park close? 

• Like 1

^Ive been checking regularly too. Yesterday showed 60's & 50's for this weekend and clear weather, this morning was the current temps but with snow on Monday, and now it's clear again. I know a lot can change in the next few days, but if anyone does know how cold some rides will operate, that'd be useful. If it stays with low 40's as the high, I'll try and postpone (again) if that means many coasters will be closed. 

3 hours ago, teacherkim said:

I think Sunday will be dead if the weather forecast sticks. Right now it says 40 with some wind, meaning in the 30's and cold all day, so I am hoping that it changes (Forecast has been different every time I look) IF it does end up being that cold; do I need to worry about a lot of ride closures or even a park close? 

not from the cold.

but if windy?  yeah. .will absolutely shut down rides that valley:  Iron Rattler, Poltergeist.    and most of the taller rides (which DOES include most of the other coasters too)

38 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

I wouldn’t go, but that’s just me...

if they weren't doing Mardi Gras stuff. . (ie: food), and a chance to see Kim?  I'd agree with you.

but then again, we still have 6 days, and that's plenty of time for the weather to adjust.   (the latest forecast I just saw showed 37 on Sunday with no rain).
so cold, but not wet.

And (at the moment anyway) we are planning on getting on a plane. During a pandemic. To travel 1000 miles. To ride coasters in the freezing ass cold. I think there is probably something wrong with us.🤨

I am vowing not to think about it or check the weather for at least 24 hours because it is driving me crazy and maybe there will be a positive change by then. 

• Like 2

this weekend's forecast:

image.png.0448cfdc810c208c941e4f3c12bbcc5b.png

yeah. . pretty much ALL the Texas parks are gonna shut down.

I mean, there's still a *chance* it could change?  but I doubt it. . . SFOT won't even open with those temps on Monday (Presidents Day, so the parks had planned to open), and Fiesta (if they do open) will close very early, with most rides not operating.

oh well. . hopefully Kim can push her visit out a week!

• Like 1

that 60% chance of snow is what's gonna do it.

otherwise the Texas parks wouldn't care. .

but yeah, I pinged Kim earlier today to see if she can push a week. . . hopefully can go the 21st instead.

And as Bert knows push it back I did! Yes, no change fees but had to re-finagle hotel, flight, car rental, work days off; yada, yada, yada

But convinced it's the right decision, not only is it looking bad weather wise in Texas but they are predicting several inches of snow for us on Monday, really did not want to risk getting stuck; or flying down there to sit in a hotel room.  We are on day 5 of an anticipated 13 day stretch of below freezing weather.

So we will be at SFFT on 2/20. (We can't do the next week because the boy has to start training for the season at SFSTL) There is actually an ACE event that day so will get some ert and whatnot. Then will go to SW and ZDT's on Sunday. Since we can't fit SFOT in without the 3 day weekend, we are thinking of doing a 1 day, fly down in the morning and fly home that night, trip in March during the week they are open for their spring break. That's if I let the boy miss another day of school since our spring breaks are not the same. But he's a senior so........

• Like 1