TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

So my son and I are going to make an attempt to get down to the park on the Sunday before Pres Day pending which way the virus goes by then since it does involve us getting on a plane. Trying to reschedule our cancelled Spring Break trip from last March and running out of days to do it. I'm thrilled that they are going ahead with Mardi Gras. Based on the description the Voodoo House seems like it will be a cross between a Mardi Gras funhouse and a FF haunt. Nice since they couldn't really do a real FF. Looking forward to word on how things are going down there.

• Like 2

Six Flags Fiesta Texas has sent us a press release about the return of the annual Mardi Gras Festival at Six Flags Fiesta Texas including several new experiences that will debut this year!

603668844_SFFTMardiGrasLogo.thumb.png.4ff8da34317ff4d02e7febc17fe4a67d.png

The 5th Annual Mardi Gras Festival returns to Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Stroll through different Mardi Gras villages and experience a new voodoo-themed walk-through, live music, an extensive menu of the French Quarter’s favorite foods and drinks, and of course, beads galore. The theme park will continue its extra focus on health and safety in 2021 with the addition of spontaneous pop-up cavalcades in lieu of traditional parades.

“Over the past five years, we’ve created the premier Mardi Gras Festival in South Texas, and this year’s event offers our guests more than ever,” said Park President Jeffrey Siebert.  “Guests of all ages can enjoy all the ambiance and energy of The Big Easy while celebrating together safely.”

Six Flags Fiesta Texas’ Mardi Gras Festival will be open on weekend and select days through February 28, 2021 and the event is included with all active Memberships and Season Passes. Visit www.sixflags.com for specific operating hours.

Mardi Gras Festival highlights:

• The Houngan House of Voodoo – New for 2021 – The Mardi Gras Festival expands into the Spassburg area of the park with the addition of The Houngan House of Voodoo. A voodoo priest lures inquisitive guests through room-after-room of his cursed French Quarter home filled with magical dolls, potions, charms and gris-gris in this voodoo-themed walk-thru attraction. Social distancing will be strictly enforced. This mysterious new addition to the Mardi Gras Festival is included with park admission (reservation required)
  • Mardi Gras Pop-Up Cavalcades – New for 2021 – Guests will be delighted by spontaneous pop-up cavalcades featuring Bugs & Lola or the park’s Mardi Gras brass band in a bead-dazzled vehicle. These colorful, spontaneous, one-vehicle processions will appear four times a day
  • Mardi Gras Beads – What is Mardi Gras without beads? The Mardi Gras bead colors of purple, green, and gold symbolize justice (purple), faith (green) and power (gold). Guests are provided complimentary traditional Mardi Gras beads at various locations
  • Live Music – The street sounds of The Big Easy fill the air with live music by the Dixieland Band, The King Williams Brass Band, and other musical entertainment throughout the park
  • Street Entertainment – The party continues with street shows and performances along the midways in Rockville, Spassburg, and Texas State Square 
  • Colorful Décor – The Mardi Gras Festival is a vibrant celebration when Six Flags Fiesta Texas is blanketed with colorful decorations that capture the spirit of this world-famous New Orleans party 
  • Taste of Mardi Gras – Back by popular demand are the delicious and authentic food and drinks of Mardi Gras, including gumbo, jambalaya, crawfish, bacon-wrapped boudin balls, beignets, hurricanes, and a wide variety of beer.  This year’s event also features a long list of new treats for 2021 including gator bites, bacon wrapped Cajun pork ribs, and praline cheesecake.

Six Flags Fiesta Texas 2021 Season Passes and Memberships are currently on sale. Members enjoy priority park entry and tremendous discounts of up to 50% on nearly all food and merchandise purchases all season long. Members also receive skip-the-line passes, sneak previews, and extended ride times on some of their favorite rides and attractions. To purchase a ticket for the Mardi Gras Festival, visit www.sixflags.com/fiestatexas. 

Six Flags worked in partnership with its epidemiologist consultants to create a safe experience that meets or exceeds federal, state, and local guidelines. Park attendance will be carefully monitored to avoid overcrowding and all Members, Season Pass Holders, and guests with single-day tickets will be required to make a reservation to attend the Mardi Gras Festival. In addition:

• All team members and all guests two years and up will be required to wear masks covering the nose and mouth while in the parks;
  • Props, rides, restraints, handrails, and dining and restroom facilities will be cleaned and sanitized regularly; and
  • Multiple alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the parks for guest and team member usage.

For more information on Mardi Gras Festival and Six Flags’ comprehensive safety guidelines, visit www.sixflags.com.

SFFT Mardi Gras 3.jpg

SFFT Mardi Gras 2.jpg

SFFT Mardi Gras 1.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

How are SFFT operations typically on a “colder” day? I plan on visiting the park this upcoming Sunday but the high temperature is currently expected to be only 60 degrees, so realistically in the 50s most of the day. 😯 Should we anticipate any challenges with any coasters not operating in the cold?

We could swap for Saturday which we had planned for Sea World, as it looks to be a bit warmer, but we thought the SFFT crowds would be lighter on Super Bowl Sunday? Thanks for any tips!

Covid operations thows EVERYTHING into question. . but in 2019, we were there for Holiday in the park, and it was cold (in the low 40's) AND rainy. . and everything was running.

So I'd expect zero impact, except maybe slightly longer lines, since the water rides (which drain lines from the "dry" rides), wont' have any queue lines - tho I suspect they would be operating anyways.

• Thanks 1

So with my upcoming reservation, I chose the earliest time, 9:30, which is an hour before park opens. Does anyone know if this means I will just be able to park and wait outside at that time, or if we'll get COVID & entry processed and allowed into the front entrance area? If the latter is true, in that time before rope-drop would I be able to get my All-Day-Dining setup? I know the Flash Pass center is down by Boomerang so probably can't get that processed until after 10:30. 

2 hours ago, IronWolfman said:

So with my upcoming reservation, I chose the earliest time, 9:30, which is an hour before park opens. Does anyone know if this means I will just be able to park and wait outside at that time, or if we'll get COVID & entry processed and allowed into the front entrance area? If the latter is true, in that time before rope-drop would I be able to get my All-Day-Dining setup? I know the Flash Pass center is down by Boomerang so probably can't get that processed until after 10:30. 

yes.. the Parking lot and front gates will open 1 hour before park opens.

the front section (Los Festivales) will be open - including Boomerang & Goliath coasters.  The "Rope Drop" will be on either side of Boomerang paths:  towards Poltergeist/Superman/WonderWoman & also towards Roadrunner/Iron Rattler/Daredevil Dive.

All Day Dining will be at the season pass/membership center, and Flash Pass is next to Boomerang. 
BOTH can be done during the 1st hour before rope-drop (and you can use Flash Pass for Goliath right away too).

You can also deal with photo pass, as that booth is also in the open section.

• Like 1

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous - especially with the amount of medical crap going on right now with my spouse - but I just booked a reservation to be at the park on Valentine's day (to meet up with TeacherKim and her son, who were so gracious to host us around SFStL a couple of years ago).

I'm curious how the holiday will affect the crowd. . I'm thinking it will be either super packed, or super dead.

^ it was VERY windy today, but I don't think the park has been open during the week, so that can't be it.

wonder if they are doing maintenance?

I know for sure that Pandemonium is supposed to be open on the 14th (it's one of the rides listed for the Membership "Valentine's Night" party after park close).

Per queue times it looks like both rides opened at some point on Saturday but never opened on Sunday. It would never be scheduled that way so I'd assume it's mechanical in both cases. Then again if winds exceeded half-a-mile per hour on Sunday then maybe Pandemonium was closed for that because it has the dumbest wind policy of any coaster in America and possibly the world.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 6:32 PM, bert425 said:

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous - especially with the amount of medical crap going on right now with my spouse - but I just booked a reservation to be at the park on Valentine's day (to meet up with TeacherKim and her son, who were so gracious to host us around SFStL a couple of years ago).

I'm curious how the holiday will affect the crowd. . I'm thinking it will be either super packed, or super dead.

I'm really really hoping we aren't doomed with the weather. Yikes. and fingers crossed. Maybe we will get lucky enough to have people stay away cause they are worried about the weather but then have it end up being ok??? I probably shouldn't even talk about it out loud but my car battery decided to inconveniently die today, it's going to snow here tonight, then the polar vortex is hitting us; so thinking I am due some good luck. Maybe. Please.

2 hours ago, teacherkim said:

I'm really really hoping we aren't doomed with the weather. Yikes. and fingers crossed. Maybe we will get lucky enough to have people stay away cause they are worried about the weather but then have it end up being ok??? I probably shouldn't even talk about it out loud but my car battery decided to inconveniently die today, it's going to snow here tonight, then the polar vortex is hitting us; so thinking I am due some good luck. Maybe. Please.

it's supposed to get much colder next week (in the low 50's). . so we might be looking at a chilly day.

but I think that will keep folks away, so i don't mind :)

Update: Opened gates about 940 this morning. Rides started at 1030. Nothing opened early.

I think most everything has run at some point. Pandemonium was running. Boomerang is running. Log flume was at least testing. 

Nobody here today. Longest wait for anytin has been WW at about 10 minutes. It's been awesome. 

• Like 3

and that's exactly why I recommend SFFT on Sundays. . Texans LOVE their church. . . this park always seems to be dead on Sunday mornings, regardless if it gets crowded later in the day.

glad you had such a quiet day!   I'm hoping ours is just as goon next Sunday.

• Like 1

^ I have actually found, through all the countries I have toured through, that Sunday morning arrival guarantees a pretty perfect start to any day at any park, world wide. Religion has it's benefits for some park fans. Monday mornings are some times also good, if the park opens that day, too. Locals back to work, so not as busy that opening morning, I'd like to think.