TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, IronWolfman said:

So currently it appears we cannot make reservations for January yet in SFFT's reservation system. Does anyone know when this will be available? 

I don't know that anyone here works at SFFT in HR (or IT) support, so I'd suggest either calling them or chatting via the link on the SFFT website?

it's a year round park, so they will be open in Jan. and the park calendar shows they are open weekends in Jan/Feb.
so yeah. . a glitch with the reservation system, that's only allowing thru end of year.

reach out to them.

• Like 1

looks to me like just a glitch - maybe they weren't expecting to need reservation system into 2021, so it's not enabled and they need to tweak it.

Fiesta is my home park, if you've never been you'll love it.

• Like 1

^When I spoke to a Six Flags rep, they said they likely just need to update the dates, so you're probably right that they weren't thinking they'd still need it. 

I haven't been to any of the Texas parks before, so I'm very excited! I was originally going to do SFOT, but with the way pricing/dates were working out, it's only ~$75 more to do SFFT & SWSA instead for MLK Day weekend. Hoping that weekend won't be too busy, but would you recommend a Flash Pass?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IronWolfman said:

^When I spoke to a Six Flags rep, they said they likely just need to update the dates, so you're probably right that they weren't thinking they'd still need it. 

I haven't been to any of the Texas parks before, so I'm very excited! I was originally going to do SFOT, but with the way pricing/dates were working out, it's only ~$75 more to do SFFT & SWSA instead for MLK Day weekend. Hoping that weekend won't be too busy, but would you recommend a Flash Pass?

It really is going to depend when you are going. . if you're in late Jan, then they probably are already ramping up for Mardi Gras (it ran for multiple Months last year), so that might draw in bigger crowds for the special food offerings/parades/shows, etc.

keep in mind, in Jan, the waterpark section (Whitewater Bay) will *not* be open.    Honestly, the best time to visit Fiesta is in the hot Texas summers, as the waterpark will drain a LOT of the crowd from everywhere else in the park until late afternoon - leaving really empty ride queues for most of the morning/early afternoon.

Can't say how it's gonna be when you visit, tho I wouldn't pre-purchase.  I'd wait until you see how the crowds are first.   

note: at the moment, Wonder Woman is NOT on the Flash Pass (it might be by the time you visit, but for now, it's not).
so the real benefit you'd get would be for Joker (giant pendulum), Iron Rattler, Poltergeist (Flash Pass drops you directly in the station), and possibly Superman (if the park is packed).

it's also good for cutting lines on Bugs Whitewater Rapids (flume) & Gully Washer (Rapids) - tho if it's cooler, which it will be in Jan, they might not be operating (or might have no lines regardless).

and *maybe* they'll open the new ride in Jan. . it's ready to go, I could see them opening it for Mardi Gras Celebration.

the Flash Pass office at Fiesta is to the Right of Boomerang - which you dead end into when you enter the park, and keep walking straight ahead.

• Like 1

^Thanks for the advice! I'd be visiting on the 16th & 18th (SWSA on the 17th), so Mid-Jan weekend. Definitely will wait to see if I'll need the Flash Pass, if it picks up it'd be very nice for IRat at least. Definitely understandable that water stuff wouldn't be open, though I might brave Bugs even in 65* weather just since it seems like a really cool flume. Also would be cool to catch the new ride, recently rode the normal Air Race at Lagoon so I'd bet this one will be even better!

^I thoroughly enjoyed Dare Devil Dive. You know how SF ride ops tell guests which ride to go ride next? While waiting to board Joker, the op recommended DDD. Obviously I thought he was playing true to his attraction's name and Joking around.

So on my way to an Iron Rattler Flash Pass reservation, I see activity around the attraction. There are riders on the thing! Some people were just standing around the entrance, so I asked the ride op at the entrance and they said the ride actually was open TODAY ONLY (11/14) for Technical Rehearsal and that I could get in line.

There is some very excellent theming within the attraction's queue. But, there are some overly aggressive sound effects that caused a couple people to leave the queue.

The attraction itself: The added elevation of the tower does add something to the ride--especially when hanging inverted at the top of the tower. And the flame towers around the perimeter function as near-miss elements. I hope Six Flags brings these rides to more parks.

The park did have a sign notifying guests when additional technical rehearsals/soft-opens would be.20201114_160131.thumb.jpg.d28f5b76413ec2ecb702d23c92ba7f64.jpg

As for the crowds, it was probably the best decision for you to stay home, Bert. Crowds everywhere with little social distancing (despite my best efforts at times) and rampant mask non-compliance. While it would have been fun to meet up, let's just say that I'm impatiently waiting for the day when my blood no longer boils at the sight of nostrils.

And I have no idea how controversial this is but: Iron Rattler>Wonder Woman.

• Thanks 1

On 11/15/2020 at 12:36 AM, CaptainUnknown said:

As for the crowds, it was probably the best decision for you to stay home, Bert. Crowds everywhere with little social distancing (despite my best efforts at times) and rampant mask non-compliance. While it would have been fun to meet up, let's just say that I'm impatiently waiting for the day when my blood no longer boils at the sight of nostrils.

And I have no idea how controversial this is but: Iron Rattler>Wonder Woman.

Not controversial at all, in my opinion. I think Iron Rattler is a significantly-better ride than Wonder Woman, but I'm one of the outliers not particularly enamored by RMC's more chaotic, implacable designs. Out of the handful I've ridden, I still think New Texas Giant and Iron Rattler are the standouts. I'll ride Wonder Woman if there's no line, but I don't find it to be a particularly enjoyable or thrilling ride.

And yes, I visited a few weeks ago and the place was slammed with next-to-no social distancing (on or off rides) and little mask compliance. It's possible to keep a distance through certain areas of the parks, but not if you plan on actually riding anything. It was disappointing to see, but not entirely unexpected. I ended up leaving after a couple of hours.

yup. . add SFFT to the drive thru experiences being offered. (just got the email notification)

Like others, it's $20 per person in the car if bought onsite, but $14.99 if pre-bought online.  Tho reservations are required, so I guess, they are expecting folks to "join" and want to go, so they can get an extra $5 per ticket when a car that's reserved for 3 people, shows up with 5 people.

*UNLIKE* others?  it's not free with Season Pass, or Membership.  Only "discounted"
(not sure how much discount, since the server is down right ow for purchase - or possibly just overwhelmed). . but I'd guess $10

https://www.sixflags.com/fiestatexas/events/fiestatexas-events-hip-drive-thru?utm_source=park-newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=SFFT&utm_content=2020-11-25&utm_custom[NewsContentID]=46712&utm_custom[IssueID]=5127

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Charles Wagor III said:

Kind of surprised to see it become an upcharge for season pass holders and members but I still think it's great to see SF's trying new things.

I'm still trying to get clarification, as the email I got (and the website, which I linked to above) says that Passholders & Members get a "discount" but see your portal for more info.

when I finally got thru to the portal - there's no mention of the drive thru lights event.

so I emailed them to ask, and got a response saying that "Holiday in the Park is free for all current Pass Holders and Members"

I wrote back to clarify that I'm not asking about "Holiday in the Park" - because, remember, SFFT *is* open for that. . but rather the drive thru lights event on evenings after park close, and on days they are not open.      So still waiting to hear back.

but maybe it's *not* an upcharge, and they just have a confused person in their promotion write-up department?

regardless tho, we're planning on doing this!

EDIT to update - got response from them. . . it's just a confused person in their promotion write up department:  you only have to buy ticket for anyone without a pass who's riding in your vehicle.

here's the gist of the response:

"Thank you for contacting Six Flags Membership Support Center. Yes, that is correct. You would need to have a reservation but you may get in with your passes without purchasing a ticket. Should you have further questions, please feel free to contact us."

Edited by bert425
update with park into
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bert425 said:

I'm still trying to get clarification, as the email I got (and the website, which I linked to above) says that Passholders & Members get a "discount" but see your portal for more info.

when I finally got thru to the portal - there's no mention of the drive thru lights event.

so I emailed them to ask, and got a response saying that "Holiday in the Park is free for all current Pass Holders and Members"

I wrote back to clarify that I'm not asking about "Holiday in the Park" - because, remember, SFFT *is* open for that. . but rather the drive thru lights event on evenings after park close, and on days they are not open.      So still waiting to hear back.

but maybe it's *not* an upcharge, and they just have a confused person in their promotion write-up department?

regardless tho, we're planning on doing this!

EDIT to update - got response from them. . . it's just a confused person in their promotion write up department:  you only have to buy ticket for anyone without a pass who's riding in your vehicle.

here's the gist of the response:

"Thank you for contacting Six Flags Membership Support Center. Yes, that is correct. You would need to have a reservation but you may get in with your passes without purchasing a ticket. Should you have further questions, please feel free to contact us."

Well even better!  Thanks for sharing the clarified info and look forward to seeing a trip report when you visit.

hurm. . . ok, so DESPITE being told from Customer Service (in an email response no less), the official site says there is a charge for Pass holders and Members:

"Members and Season Pass Holders do not require reservations. Present your pass upon entry to purchase discounted tickets for only $7.49 plus tax per person. This offer is available every night of the Holiday in the Park Drive-Thru Experience from 6 – 10:30 PM. Card and digital payments only, please."

reservations seem to have filled up - although this notes no reservation required for Members/Pass Holders.   (ok, that's strange).

So I guess we'll try for a day next week, and if shows sold out online, will just drive up with email in hand, and see what happens - if they charge us, and if they will let us in without a reservation.

here's the page from SFFT website if you want more info:

https://www.sixflags.com/fiestatexas/events/fiestatexas-events-hip-drive-thru

18 minutes ago, Nrthwnd said:

Man, I would really love to ride Poltergeist, some day. Some day. <sighs>

it's the exact same ride as Joker's Jinx at SFA (and run the same way), as well as the same ride as Flight of Fear at Kings Island/Kings Dominion (tho its' indoors there, and they slow it way down at the MCBR).

so you've been on it, sorta, right?

^ Nope. Never been to those other parks, except Kings Island in 1995, before theirs was built. All my park traveling was usually all overseas, and any in the USA was an 'extra' thing I didn't think about visiting, beforehand. For example, my only visit to Astroworld happened in 1992, due to a convention I was attending, and the hotel was within walking distance of the park. So I took the Sat. afternoon off and went to the park! 

But no. The only messes of track I have been on, is the Disney indoor one in Paris Studios (now becoming a Marvel adventure), and the outdoor version of it at Walibi Holland. Truth! 🎢