TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

^ Man, I hope everyone (you know, the smart ones who are in TPR) takes their time in re-visiting these parks,

once they start opening, in stages. No stupid logjams like Robb noted at WDW's Disney Springs, Opening Day.

My park isn't supposed to re-open until July. So I shall live thru everybody's else's parks' openings! Ha!

Best Safe Wishes to all, once this gets going.

I can tell you Fright Fest tends to draw crowds, especially in the evenings once the haunts open. So between the two? I'd go for November.

hope that helps?

So the biggest hurdle there would just be crowds. Some good planning/skip the line options (if available) and crowds can be manageble enough. It also looks like Winter/holiday events usually start later in November. I always enjoy a good Halloween event even if I don't go through the houses.

I DO think the parks will be open in July for certain
Man, I hope everyone (you know, the smart ones who are in TPR) takes their time in re-visiting these parks,

once they start opening, in stages. No stupid logjams like Robb noted at WDW's Disney Springs, Opening Day.

Exactly, Bill. Which is why I postponed my trip. Don't want to rush out in the Texas summer heat while wearing a mask. While October will still be quite hot, it'll be slightly more tolerable. And the parks should have a better idea of what they're doing at that point.

^ dont' forget that Fiesta is a year round park.

ie: the moment that October is over? the Thanksgiving / Fall decorations will go up and they will start holiday shows/festivals. (assuming those are not postponed due to 2020 impacts from Covid)

Gov. Abbott just announced he was enabling Stage 3 openings . . . so that includes Amusement Parks & Waterparks at 50% capacity

so I'm guessing we'll see SFOT, SFFT, Galveston Pleasure Pier, Kemah Boardwalk, ZDT's, the San Antonio Zoo, Schlitterbahn locations, and SeaWorld all likely reopening in the next few weeks.

Most certainly before the end of June

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020/06/03/governor-greg-abbott-announces-phase-iii-of-reopening-texas/

yup. . per the email I got this morning, they are open to everyone as of 6/22

but they open for Members on 6/19, and Members/Season Pass on 6/20:

• June 19 from 4-9pm to Diamond & Diamond Elite ONLY

• June 20-21 from 10:30am-9pm to all Members and Pass Holders

• June 22 Open to All Guests

Awesome to hear, maybe there is some hope for a second try at a Texas trip later this summer, probably August, to replace our cancelled Spring Break trip! Still nothing from SFSTL but expecting an announcement any day now.

Hello fellow ride lovers, Any inside info on Dare Devil Dive construction? Thanks

we won't know until the park opens back up to the public on 6/19 (well.. to Members for a few hours, before opening up more fully the next day).

they have stopped advertising it, so we won't know how far along it is, until folks can actually get into the park to take a look (I don't believe it's tall enough to see from outside the park / the ridge behind IR near the shopping center).

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm curious, particularly since I am still trying to decide if we should reschedule our cancelled spring break trip for August. At SFSTL they are not only leaving every other row empty on coasters but also sanitizing AND running the train empty every other cycle. Is that happening across the chain or just at our park? Checking in with those of you that have been to the Texas parks. It will be a factor in my deciding if we will come down for a visit or perhaps postpone til next year sometime. Anyone been to SFFT yet? I asked in the SFOT thread too. Just want to know what sort of restrictions and wait times we will be dealing with before I fly down.

^ usually most everything is open except for:

the Bumper Cars (it gets used as "skating" rink).

the Gully Washer (whitewater rafts)

Bug's WhiteWater Rapids (log flume) some years seems to operate, and some years doesnt. . so not really sure on that one.

and the Whitewater Bay (waterpark "land") will be closed for the season

Most everything else should be operating I'd expect.

the Train morphs into the Holiday express, so it wont' stop 1/2 way, and instead just does a trip around the park from the Crack Axle station.

as to Flash Pass? I never buy it, but it's my home park, so I just ride things another time, if a line is too long.

that said? you'll need it for: Wonder Woman (terrible capacity, especially if they are still only filling every other seat), Iron Rattler (even if they have the 2nd train running, this one always pulls long lines), Poltergeist (Premier Launch coaster - that has really long load/dispatch times, so even a short line will take a while, and Flash Pass entrance puts you right into the station), and Joker (the new ride from last year).

so if you want to get a lot of re-rides? I'd spend the $$ on it if offered.

just my 2cents.

Edited by bert425

^ oh. . and Goliath (Batman clone at the front), Superman Krypton Coaster (B&M Floorless), and Pandemonium (Gerstlaur spinner) are all people eaters. . so even long lines move really fast for those.

Batman (S&S freespin) rarely has a line (people are scared of it for some reason), and on the other end of the spectrum, Boomerang (Vekoma) ALWAYS has a line - I think that's the location tho: it's the first major ride if you walk into the park and go straight ahead to the main plaza. So many folks go to it. Hint: take a left immediately past the main gates, and Goliath is right there. .it's amazing how many people walk right by it not realizing that's the entrance.

Roadrunner Express will sometimes pull long lines during HitP, because so many families with kids.. I don't know if that has Flash Pass tho. . think they may have removed that line a while back. It's a custom Arrow Minetrain that's worth a ride.

So, I really wanted to reschedule our cancelled spring break trip for August but sadly thinking we may just have to postpone the whole thing to next year. I'm not personally scared to travel or anything but with the surge you guys are having down there don't want to be in a position where we may have to quarantine when we get home and/or have things get shut down again right before we leave. Plus with the wonky hours and reduced capacity thinking it would be crazy to go to the trouble and expense to fly down. And some of the historical sites I wanted to visit in San Antonio are closed with no announced opening date. Bummer. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be until 2021.

^ good move, I'd say.

this just happened:

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/06/26/texas-bars-restaurants-coronavirus-greg-abbott/

tho it doesn't mention Theme Parks? Bars close as of noon today, Restaurants back to 50% capacity as of Monday, and "outdoor Gatherings" limited to 100 people or less.

I suspect that the Texas parks across the board, are likely going to be impacted.. . but we shall see.

Based on this:

On Thursday, he announced the state was putting a pause on any future reopening plans, though none were scheduled and the announcement did not affect businesses that were already allowed to reopen.

(From the article you posted Bert.)

I'd say so far no impacts thus far.

Based on this:
On Thursday, he announced the state was putting a pause on any future reopening plans, though none were scheduled and the announcement did not affect businesses that were already allowed to reopen.

(From the article you posted Bert.)

I'd say so far no impacts thus far.

that was Thursday.

he just shut down bars TODAY (Friday)

and yes, bars were already open.

what capacity are they currently running at?

I don't think the parks give that data.. . but I *think* from the opening orders, it said they could be at 50%.

but they most certainly have more than 100 people in them

again, we'll have to wait and see if Abbott's actions affect any Theme Parks.

He's already getting a ton of pushback from Conservatives who truly seem to believe the virus is not serious and is just a Liberal plan to take away freedoms.

so we'll have to see how this plays out.