TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Well, both this one, and the new one going into SFGAdv, are marketed as being "17 stories high", which means in the 170 foot range, I believe. I'm just curious if the one at GAdv is actually a little higher, or if they're basically the exact same thing.

In the press release they said ours is the tallest and fastest

Six Flags Fiesta Texas, the Thrill Capital of South Texas, will debut the tallest and fastest spinning pendulum ride in the world. Named after the world’s most iconic Super Villain, The Joker Wild Card delivers a unique brand of chaotic, dizzying fun for extreme thrill-

seekers. Towering a record-breaking 17-stories tall, this impressive giant disk will reach speeds up to 80 miles per hour as it whips back and forth, and higher and higher, to give riders a spectacular view of the world below them. The Joker Wild Card will become the centerpiece of a newly themed DC Universe area. The park is also announcing year-round operation, adding winter weekends and holidays to its regular operating season.

Looks great and a perfect replacement for the Frisbee that was removed a couple of years ago. One bit of curiosity... I see a wave swinger, still... is that being rethemed or slightly moved?

yeah. . I noticed that too.

Whirlygig is clearly there in the promo art, right where it has been.

so either something happened mechanically that they are closing it, or maybe they are moving the basketball game there? (:p)

he announced it was closing tho, so we have to take him at his word that it's going away. (hopefully they get a similar replacement tho, since my Spouse loves riding those)

Great fit for the park, which as other noted, lost it's Frisbee a few years ago.

I'm happy w/ this announcement.

Any ideas as to where this ride will be placed?

I will be where the der twister ride is currently

Ok, thanks.

I was under the impression that it was replacing the billiard theamed teacups ride, but the picture didn't quite match up with that assumption.

Any ideas as to where this ride will be placed?

I will be where the der twister ride is currently

Ok, thanks.

I was under the impression that it was replacing the billiard theamed teacups ride, but the picture didn't quite match up with that assumption.

No the hustler 8 ball ride will be getting a makeover and renovation

This is an awesome addition and the news about year-round operation is even more awesome. Great news!

This, I’m very excited about year round operations. I can’t wait to get my coaster fix all year.

The giant pendulum rides are some of my favorite flat rides so I’m happy to see one built here.

Looks great and a perfect replacement for the Frisbee that was removed a couple of years ago. One bit of curiosity... I see a wave swinger, still... is that being rethemed or slightly moved?

It's probably getting a retheme to fit in with the new DC Universe area.

Well, I didn’t know where to throw this. Looking at the memberships and have a few questions.

1. The Gold Plus membership would include admission to all the Six Flags parks with parking at all of them?

2. Do I need to activate it at the park I buy it for first/by a certain date? We don’t know for sure where we will be first next year.

3. Why would it be $5/year cheaper for Fiesta Texas Gold Plus vs. Over Texas if they’re including all the parks?

Thanks for the help! I tried to read some fine print and was most interested about Q #2.

Well, I didn’t know where to throw this. Looking at the memberships and have a few questions.

1. The Gold Plus membership would include admission to all the Six Flags parks with parking at all of them?

2. Do I need to activate it at the park I buy it for first/by a certain date? We don’t know for sure where we will be first next year.

3. Why would it be $5/year cheaper for Fiesta Texas Gold Plus vs. Over Texas if they’re including all the parks?

Thanks for the help! I tried to read some fine print and was most interested about Q #2.

1. Yes, that's correct.

2. Yes, must be activated at the park you buy it for, and your benefits (other than parking and admission) will be only at that park. Normally there aren't time restrictions, but there may be if you're buying at a special price. If it's not listed in the fine print, likely just activate it within 1 year of purchase (the contract duration)

3. The benefits are only at the park you buy it for, like bring a friend tickets and discount coupons and such. Also, most people only buy a pass to their local park, so they're priced to be competitive in that market. Small market parks like St. Louis and America tend to be cheaper than big market parks like Magic Mountain.

Cool addition.

I went to this park for the first time last year, and was surprised at how nicely themed it was (and it was clean), and the ride selection was surprisingly good.

Really liked the Roadrunner Express (before I even knew that it was one of Alan Schilke's early designs), LOVED iron Rattler, really, really enjoyed Superman and others.

(Sadly Poltergeist was closed, but I heard it's fun.)

Great addition for SFFT, I like that SF is going all in on these Giant Discoveries. I just rode Crazanity at SFMM and it really lived up to the hype. I've been on similar swinging pendulum rides before, but nothing that has come close to the size and speed of these 170ft models. There is some great airtime at the apex of the swing and then you get a freefall sensation on the downswing--and the downswing is crazy fast! Seriously, you guys will love this ride.

well. . they sucked me back in. . . LOL

I'm $270 poorer, but we now have 2019 Gold Passes (including parking at all parks), both have dining plan, and I added Picture Plan (it was only $20 more!). Grrrrr for "service fee" on top of taxes, since printing the dang things out myself. . but yep, the ride announcement was all the impetus I needed to pull the trigger on Season Pass renewal.

I wish we went often enough, or nick was thrill-seeker enough that we would benefit from Memberships. . but honestly? Season Passes work just fine for what we do at the park. so happy they are still offering them for 2019.

Just as a follow up, the park confirmed tonight that it's getting a retheme to Crime Wave.

Just as a follow up, the park confirmed tonight that it's getting a retheme to Crime Wave.

that's WONDERFUL. . as I loved the one at SFoG. . such a great theming

IMG_4476.thumb.JPG.497dcf3aec229180e171dbf91e32ce96.JPG

Gotham City Crime Wave at SFoG

and so they are being very careful with words, to tease. (Whirligig: GONE!)

so I wonder if Rockville really IS staying as they said?

I mean, they announced an update of Hustler (tho not necessarily a re-theme).

and both Batman and Wonder Woman have entrances on the main street in Rockville.. . so I gotta wonder if they are going to retheme the majority of Current Rockville (the main street) as either Gotham or Metropolis, and tie it into the new DC section.

maybe just keep Scream, Huslter and Rockville High theater and keep calling that small section Rockville?

hmmmm

and both Batman and Wonder Woman have entrances on the main street in Rockville.. . so I gotta wonder if they are going to retheme the majority of Current Rockville (the main street) as either Gotham or Metropolis, and tie it into the new DC section.

maybe just keep Scream, Huslter and Rockville High theater and keep calling that small section Rockville?

hmmmm

Everything from Rockville High to SKC will be part of DC Universe. Rockville will go from the train tracks to Hustler.

hmmmm

Everything from Rockville High to SKC will be part of DC Universe. Rockville will go from the train tracks to Hustler.

so pretty much what I guessed then.

weird that it means Poltergeist is gonna remain odd thing out then. . . haunted plantation in Rockville.

hmmmm

so pretty much what I guessed then.

weird that it means Poltergeist is gonna remain odd thing out then. . . haunted plantation in Rockville.

IMG_20180830_190628.thumb.jpg.4aeb83d457bbba0880af848829725535.jpg

Well, both this one, and the new one going into SFGAdv, are marketed as being "17 stories high", which means in the 170 foot range, I believe. I'm just curious if the one at GAdv is actually a little higher, or if they're basically the exact same thing.

Six Flags Fiesta Texas, the Thrill Capital of South Texas, will debut the tallest and fastest spinning pendulum ride in the world. Named after the world’s most iconic Super Villain, The Joker Wild Card delivers a unique brand of chaotic, dizzying fun for extreme thrill-

seekers. Towering a record-breaking 17-stories tall, this impressive giant disk will reach speeds up to 80 miles per hour as it whips back and forth, and higher and higher, to give riders a spectacular view of the world below them. The Joker Wild Card will become the centerpiece of a newly themed DC Universe area. The park is also announcing year-round operation, adding winter weekends and holidays to its regular operating season.

See, but I suspect they're being tricky here, by saying "will debut the tallest and fastest spinning pendulum ride in the world." They already stated this is going to open in January, and since GAdv won't be open then, it WILL be the tallest and fastest - a record breaker - when it opens. It would appear that the GAdv version will likely tie that record whenever it opens at GAdv. Of course, that doesn't address the fact that apparently SFMM is is same as these two models... Makes me wonder if this will swing slightly higher, so SFFT can claim that record, albeit briefly. Of course, they may not really care about semantics, and are just marketing things fast and loose! Crazy. I know, SF would never do that!

See, but I suspect they're being tricky here, by saying "will debut the tallest and fastest spinning pendulum ride in the world." They already stated this is going to open in January, and since GAdv won't be open then, it WILL be the tallest and fastest - a record breaker - when it opens. It would appear that the GAdv version will likely tie that record whenever it opens at GAdv. Of course, that doesn't address the fact that apparently SFMM is is same as these two models... Makes me wonder if this will swing slightly higher, so SFFT can claim that record, albeit briefly. Of course, they may not really care about semantics, and are just marketing things fast and loose! Crazy. I know, SF would never do that!

It's actually not supposed to open until mid-June. Pirates of the Deep Sea got pushed back to 2019 and will be opening at midnight January 1 for Diamond/Elite members, and grand opening on January 12.