TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

So if they were to build a coaster, they could jump over and use the green space by Batman as well. I don’t see a coaster coming but 6 Flags seems to really love Fiesta the last few years.

6A0017DE-1DEF-4385-800C-F9B83A2143E0.thumb.jpeg.87a1348cd9b45a19f205accb24eaac32.jpeg

The red marks are the closures announced tonight.

hmm. . makes me worry for Hustler.

could see that closing to be used as the entrance queue for whatever is coming into those other spaces.

They're saying on that Texas Thrill Seekers FB page that Hustler will be/is gone. If rumors are true, go for last ride.

well, this coming weekend will be at SFoT.. but if it stays open for a few weeks more, will make trip to Fiesta in Sept for a ride, just to be safe.

Wonder what it is they're taking out a whopping 3 rides for? I can't imagine it's a coaster after last year but we will see.

the key thing there is WHERE the rides are being removed.

Twister, basketball game, and the carnival games are on the OPPOSITE side of the main walkway from wirlygig and the green space by Batman.

so whatever it is?. .likely not a flat, as it will have to bridge the main walkway from Superman to Rockville/Gotham area. . which also has the train tracks right there.

so to me, signs are pointing to some sort of coaster that could "jump" the path... that's why I'm thinking entrance queue might be where Hustler sits now.

guess we'll see.

maybe it's the return of the taxis/speedway they pulled out for Batman? they could just put bridges there to get over the walkways.

I feel like Six Flags is intent on running their Top Spins into the ground and then closing them when they break and using them as parts donors for their remaining Top Spins (which will likely also be removed once they run out of parts donors). I don't think the closure of a Top Spin necessarily means they have bigger plans for that area.

It might and the fact that it's next to a few other things that are being removed makes it seem more likely but don't be shocked if they just close it to close it and take their time filling it in either.

I feel like Six Flags is intent on running their Top Spins into the ground and then closing them when they break and using them as parts donors for their remaining Top Spins (which will likely also be removed once they run out of parts donors). I don't think the closure of a Top Spin necessarily means they have bigger plans for that area.

It might and the fact that it's next to a few other things that are being removed makes it seem more likely but don't be shocked if they just close it to close it and take their time filling it in either.

I agree with you on the Top Spin, but not on the Whirlygig. . those are popular and a theme park staple.

to be fair, Fiesta *has* in the past, let rides sit there rotting. . in particular, the Trabant on the Boardwalk sat for years unused. . . but they at least blocked that off with a fence.

that they are closing rides on both sides of a path, as well as the games next door to one ride, and in the center of the path -- and considering the comment about the "green space" - which is also right there in that area near the closed rides?

there is definitely something coming to that space.

something GREAT? who knows?. . but something. . they aren't just closing these to sit.

You know what... I was pretty skeptical about that round of rumors that came out recently but the more I look at this one of those figure 8 things would fit that spot perfectly.

I think my best guess is that you're getting that and the swings are moving to the green space near Batman. The fact that they get rid of another Top Spin and use it as a parts donor to keep Twister at Great Adventure running for another year or two is a nice bonus.

You know what... I was pretty skeptical about that round of rumors that came out recently but the more I look at this one of those figure 8 things would fit that spot perfectly.

I think my best guess is that you're getting that and the swings are moving to the green space near Batman. The fact that they get rid of another Top Spin and use it as a parts donor to keep Twister at Great Adventure running for another year or two is a nice bonus.

That specific rumor was confirmed fake by the user who posted it on reddit, there is a screenshot of it in the Six Flags America thread if you want to check out what he said. Unsurprisingly he was trying to see how many people he could trick, or something like that.

Thanks. I haven't really followed the specifics of that because... I mean... Reddit .

Even if that was nothing more than a flat-out guess though, it's actually a pretty solid guess. I could see it happening. I wouldn't bet the house on it but if it turns out to be correct by dumb luck I wouldn't be shocked because I don't know what else you would really put there...

That Top Spin never ran anyway. Last time I saw it operate was in 2015.

As much as I want a Giant Discovery it'll probably be something else, but we'll see.

I rode it last year, but it barely operated and I never saw it go again.

Tomorrow night Jeffery will be releasing another clue at 9 pm on Texas Thrill Seekers, just like he did last night. I’m wondering if it’s another ride removal because he’s treating it like the ones last night.

That Top Spin never ran anyway. Last time I saw it operate was in 2015.

As much as I want a Giant Discovery it'll probably be something else, but we'll see.

it was running in May. . . tho the fact I took pics of it operating as proof it was operating, kinda reinforces how rarely it did.

IMG_3464.thumb.JPG.d6b822474a2762d76f21e556558f23e9.JPG

IMG_3465.thumb.JPG.79c57155549ca5e2e1c95eb650970d94.JPG

As much as I want a Giant Discovery

At this point Six Flags should install a Zamperla Giant Discovery in every single park it owns including waterparks I think we would all be very happy if they did that.

They keep referencing planets and "out of this world" so I don't see a skywarp fitting that description. Maaaaybe a giant discovery would? But that is a lot of space for one of those. This isn't even my home park and I'm hype for the announcement.

Yes, but a Skyline 'Eclipse' would fit that description.