TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Can anyone tell me if there are places to eat outside of the park, within walking distance?

Gonna visit next week but not driving, and don't have the dining pass and didn't want to spend a lot on park food. Gonna be with my niece and trying to get by on the cheap. Lol

"Walking distance" - no.

the park is in a quarry, and you park at the rear, and then head into the quarry.

now there IS a big shopping center just across the freeway from it, with (I believe) some fast food options, but you're going to have to walk from park entrance, all the way to the parking exit (at rear of quarry entrance), then on the grass to cross under the freeway, at the light, to get to the options.

your best bet is to either: a) pack food, and eat at the picnic tables outside the front gates.. or b) just eat in the park and choose one of the better options (Kickin' Chicken is good, as is the BarBque place across from the waterpark section. . . the German section has Sangerfest Hall, which has a lot of options too. . tho none of them are "cheap"

maybe just eat before going, and snack on something in the park?

Hope this helps?

Capture.thumb.PNG.b1a00a428d5d3b7d3e2ad38b05af964c.PNG

here's an overhead map showing where you'd have to walk from Fiesta entrance, to get to the restaurants.

keep in mind, it's IN a quarry, so anything in this map that's UNDER Fiesta, you cannot get to. . it's above the quarry.

Thank you, yes that helped me. I'll prob just go ahead and add on the dining pass then. Only be an extra 6 bucks a month and I'm 10 min from SFOT and go a few times a month so it'll pay off. We're gonna greyhound it down there (only 40 bucks roundtrip) so really can't bring any food.

^ you'll have a great time.

bring along swimsuits! the waterpark is included, and even if the slides can get some long lines, the Texas Shaped Wave Pool, and Lazy River are always options with no waits

^ I'm likely going to the park for a few hours on Sunday. . was hoping it would be ready

oh well. .thanks for the update! (I just won't expect it to be open)

Had a great time at SFFT last weekend. The park blew me away. I had been told it was the best SF park, but it surpassed my expectations. The attention to detail all over the park makes it clear that there is a lot of labor of love behind it, rather than everything being smacked down as cheaply as possible.

Wonder Woman had all three trains going Sunday morning. They ended up going down and coming back up with only two trains later on, and several seats were blocked off. Lots of restraint issues. It was a very fun little ride. With all three trains running the line actually moved OK.

Finally got to visit again after about 20 years. I forgot how pretty this park is. I'm gonna make it at least a yearly trip. Some things were the same as 20 years ago and some were different.

I'll spare everyone pics from my broken cell phone camera lens. Here's my run down.

Got there at 11am. Went straight to IR. 2 trains, but the 2 back rows of one weren't working. Waited about 15 minutes to ride 2nd back row, the very back had about 7 sets of people waiting and I was too excited to wait. I ride NTxG all the time and thought the first hill wouldn't be as intense. WRONG! I wasn't expecting it to turn slightly. After that first hill all that came out of my mouth was "OMG" and "HOLY SH/T!" That last drop before you go into the tunnel literally took my breathe. I was proud of myself I held my hands up the whole time, even though I felt my life was in danger. I'm in love with this coaster. I actually clapped as we were pulling back into the station, that's how happy it made me. Such a dork.

Mall walked to WW. As we're walking up I saw people leaving. Heard tech difficulty announcement but got in line anyways since so many left. Took about 15 minutes and it was going again. After about 4 trains, tech difficulty. Another 15 min and going again. So we get up there and had a choice, front or back. I will 99% of the time choose back, but I chose front. This is a fun fun fun coaster. Start to finish you're all over the place. I felt like I was flying in a few spots. And I held my hands up the whole time. That's a big deal for me when I don't know what to expect. Almost immediately after I regretted not riding in the back though. I wanted to feel the speed. Total wait time 45 min and that's with two 15 min tech difficulties so not too bad.

After that just wandered around riding whatever we happened upon.

The ride ops on Goliath were very slow. One train and the line wasn't long, and it took 4-5 minutes to get the train out. I ended up in the front bc there was a spot so I jumped on because I was tired of waiting. I thought this would be a lot like the Batman clones, which I think are fun but not a must ride for me, and again I was way off. This ride was intense. Felt faster and the way it whipped me around I got a wee bit scared. Loved it!

Supe I had ridden years ago when I last visited. Hopped on back. This ride was rough to me. The last quarter banged my head against the restraints so hard it hurt my ears. Had a small headache after this one. But I got over it. This wouldn't be a must ride if this were my home park.

Used my skip the line on Poltergeist, once again slow ride ops and the line was fairly long. I'm ready to get on and we hear tech difficulty. Took about 10 min and it was ready to roll. This ride was kinda boring for me. Lots of twists and what not, but didn't get me going. It was fun, but meh. I like Mr. Freeze better. Did Poltergeist used to be themed after Joker? I feel like I rode it there years ago but it was a different name.

Pandemonium was a fun ride as usual, but I didn't have my lid on my sport bottle screwed on right so every time we spun everyone got a root beer shower. The rock quarry was a great backdrop.

I thought Hurricane Force 5 was gonna be a corny kiddie, but it was way more disorienting and fun than i thought it would be. I really liked it!

Gully Washer was very mild compared to SFOT Roaring Rapids. I think their boats are too high to really get you wet.

The water park was a nice break, but it was packed. Knew it would be. Didn't spend too much time there and only rode the water coaster since it had single rider and the lines for everything else were extremely long. I liked it, but it will hurt your butt.

Got another ride on IR. 2nd to last row again. It was faster this time since it was later in the day. I can't tell y'all how much I love this coaster. I mean I could, but I'll spare y'all. I wish they would put some of those elements into NTxG.

Went to ride WW but they were having problems again and didn't have time to wait and was bummed I missed out on the back row.

Every Six Flags should have a Sangerfest Halle. It was nice and cold, great selection of food and plenty of seating. We relaxed in there for a while and took some pics with the Loony Toons characters.

Boomerang wasn't running. Wanted to ride for the nostalgia, but maybe next time. Y'all all know Road Runner has been down, still is.

I can't say what hasn't already been said about this park. It's just on pointe with the theming and the rock quarry makes it even more special. Great selection of rides.I have to get back here when it cools off to enjoy this park again this season.

Here's a pic of me in front of my new BF, IR.

959F4363-.thumb.jpg.ab5872c51a90bd48287ed9135caffc77.jpg

First ride of the day and I'm super excited! Me in the middle.

Used my skip the line on Poltergeist, once again slow ride ops and the line was fairly long. I'm ready to get on and we hear tech difficulty. Took about 10 min and it was ready to roll. This ride was kinda boring for me. Lots of twists and what not, but didn't get me going. It was fun, but meh. I like Mr. Freeze better. Did Poltergeist used to be themed after Joker? I feel like I rode it there years ago but it was a different name.

So the poltergeist has always been the poltergeist... We had a coasters called the joker's revenge long ago and it was located where pandamonium is now... It was moved to the six flags new Orleans and still sits there today rotting away... Joker's revenge would do the whole ride with you sitting backwards

JokersRevenge1.jpg.2af237105e93ae9c906c368f47e1dce8.jpg

You may be thinking of Jokers Jinx at Six Flags America in Maryland. It is the same Premier "spaghetti bowl" design as Poltergeist.

So the poltergeist has always been the poltergeist... We had a coasters called the joker's revenge long ago and it was located where pandamonium is now... It was moved to the six flags new Orleans and still sits there today rotting away... Joker's revenge would do the whole ride with you sitting backwards

Yes! That's the one! I remember walking up and seeing that big Joker face! I just got major deja vu from Poltergeist. Maybe I rode it years ago when I was there. Joker looks like a fun coaster to ride going backwards. I know I rode it, just don't remember.

Edited by ComeRideWithMe

You may be thinking of Jokers Jinx at Six Flags America in Maryland. It is the same Premier "spaghetti bowl" design as Poltergeist.

I've never been to that park. I think I probably rode Poltergeist last time I went to Fiesta and that's why I had the deja vu, but I def remembered that Joker coaster that I just found out was moved to NO.

same design as Flight of Fear too.. but this one is outdoors.

(and I believe Poltergeist was the 1st Six Flags version and Joker's Jinx came after).

sorry it didn't do it for you, it's my favorite ride in the park.

WW is great in the front, but is intense as all hell in the back (I had bruises on my shoulders for days after riding - from the straps) when I first rode it a few times in a row. Come back and ride it again!

I think I've found out I'm just not a huge fan of coasters that corkscrew, loop, barrel roll and helix all in one round? They're fun, and I'll ride them, but they don't give me the butterfly in stomach/floating feeling I like. I think I'm more of a hilly up and down coaster fan. I'll skip Titan at SFOT most of the time because after the first big hill there's not much to it. You don't get the floating feeling. Then the helixes just make you feel like crap. I'll skip our Batman ride at SFOT most of the time as well. But, for whatever reason, Goliath was fun to me and I'd ride that every time.

(Sorry I don't know all the correct terminology)

Oh I'm coming back for a ride on the back of WW.

I know exactly what you mean! I do like inverting coasters and g-force focused coasters, but 95% of them don't hold a candle to more airtime, lateral, and sensation of speed focused coasters.

Goliath and Batman(SFOT) are technically mirror image clones, but Goliath seems to run a little slower through the course. Batman feels a lot faster and tends to cause greyouts more easily (for me at least). I like both, but on some days I'm more prone to a headache than others. Titan has the same effect, except if you come off with a headache it'll be more migraine-like. That's what surprised me so much about Raptor at Cedar Point. I was expecting a headache from it but instead got the snappiest and most fun inversions imaginable.

The "floating feeling" you describe is the airtime we all crave around here. I think you'll find you're not alone in preferring it to "loopy-de-spatula-fun-cakes" as Robb once called them.

Finally got to visit again after about 20 years. I forgot how pretty this park is. I'm gonna make it at least a yearly trip. Some things were the same as 20 years ago and some were different.

I'll spare everyone pics from my broken cell phone camera lens. Here's my run down.

Got there at 11am. Went straight to IR. 2 trains, but the 2 back rows of one weren't working. Waited about 15 minutes to ride 2nd back row, the very back had about 7 sets of people waiting and I was too excited to wait. I ride NTxG all the time and thought the first hill wouldn't be as intense. WRONG! I wasn't expecting it to turn slightly. After that first hill all that came out of my mouth was "OMG" and "HOLY SH/T!" That last drop before you go into the tunnel literally took my breathe. I was proud of myself I held my hands up the whole time, even though I felt my life was in danger. I'm in love with this coaster. I actually clapped as we were pulling back into the station, that's how happy it made me. Such a dork.

Great report! That's a bummer to hear the back car is still closed on one of the trains. It was like that at the end of April during my visit too. But you made the smart choice waiting anyway since that drop is spectacular in the back.

Went to the park for the last 5 hours today.

WW x2

Iron Rattler x12

Superman x1

Boomerang x1

Boomerang was rougher than usual. IRat was absolutely hauling. Night rides during the fireworks and when the smoke is settling from the fireworks (it's like riding in the fog) are amazing. Wonder Woman running as intense as can possibly be. Fun times as usual.

Good luck! Today was absolutely packed earlier, but it emptied significantly around 8:30. I'd imagine tomorrow will be quite empty based on Sunday precedent, though it is a BAFF day if I remember right.

I got an email from the park to "special" passholders, and members (which I suspect is all of us). . informing me that from tomorrow thru End of June, every day is going to be BAFF day.

so yeah. .I expect attendance it gonna be spiked.

but I'm basically going with the intent to get out of house, eat lunch (have meal plan), walk around a bit, and hop on a few flats.

if I can get a ride on WW or IRat won't pass it up, but really eyeing getting on a couple of flats I've never been on, and just determined to try them out (TopSpin & Disc-o. . to be specific).

good trip today, despite the park having some issues (both with staffing, and with rides being down).

I was expecting big crowds, so had intended to ride flats, and if could get a ride on a coaster, would just wait for Wonder Woman.

it was crowded early on, but as the storms gave way to hot sun? most of the park drained of folks, and many things were walk ons (the exceptions were Wonder Woman - which kept an hour+ wait all day), and Scream, which despite operating 2 of the 3 towers, still seemed to have a long line every time I passed it.

the only real bummer for me today was the IR was down the entire day. . walking in, I noticed the train was sitting 1/2 way up the lift hill. And it never moved all day, leaving that side of the park a ghost town, and not helping with WW lines. When talking to the folks at the IR exit shop (I made a few rounds of the park regardless. . exercise, don't you know!), one of the ladies mentioned it had broken Sat Night and they had to evacuate the people from it. Must have happened after LiftThrill rode!

but yeah. . was down and saw no one working on it all day.

I also experienced, for the 1st time ever, a rude as hell ride operator -- at Skyscreamer. It had a line, and I waited in it, but as they were loading up the cycle prior to the one I would be on, there was an open seat, so I asked the guy counting if I could take that seat so as not to "waste" it. and he responded with a sneer and said "no, you have to wait in line for my turn like everyone else"

I responded that I was on the next cycle anyways, so it was silly to send with an empty seat, and then send my cycle with another empty seat. .but he just walked away. The folks behind me in line were shocked and commented to the guy in the booth how "stupid' the situation that had just occurred was.

the booth operator apologized to me, and I told him no need to since i was just trying to make the system a little better, as it was so strange to waste an open seat when there was a decent line. But it was still nice that he apologized. (and later on, the Wonder Woman grouper did come all the way down the line looking for a single rider, to fill one of the trains (since they no longer have a single rider line), so I got pulled out to ride that a few cycles prior than I would have been).

but yeah. . . several ops were overwhelmed (I actually felt bad for the TWO ladies running Superman all on their own, with all 3 trains on the tracks!). Yep, they were double stacking every release. .but they were smiling, and were trying (and when I went by later, one train had been removed and they were only dealing with 2 trains).

the lady staffing Macho Nacho line in the Sangerfest Halle ALONE (with a line at least 20 deep, when she ran out of cheese), looked like she was about to cry. But when I told her I didn't mind waiting, and hey, stuff happens? she gave me a big smile (and an extra dollop of chili on my Fajita Nachos (that don't come with chili)

Not sure if it was all Mechanical, or some of it was staffing (I would guess a combo of both), but rides that were NOT open at all when I was there today:

Roadrunner Express (has been down all season)

Iron Rattler (train stopped empty on Lift hill all day)

Fireball (sitting empty, nothing but a sign saying it was closed)

Twister (sitting empty, nothing but a sign saying it was closed. . a shame as one of the rides I actually specifically came to ride today)

Up Up and Away (kiddie ride I wouldn't have ridden anyways)

ZoomJets (family ride I would have ridden if it were operating).

but kudos for the rides that broke down, but they got back up again really quickly:

Bug's White Water Rapids

Wonder Woman

Batman (even tho didn't ride)

Boomerang (even tho didn't ride)

Regardless, I had a good day overall. . oh, and ended on a high note, which embarrassed the hell out of me:

Upon arriving in the morning, I swung by Season Pass building (since there was no line in there) to inquire if my Gold Level pass should have included a 1 time skip the line pass. . as we'd never gotten that perk. The lady behind the counter looked it up, and saw when we purchased it (on Cyber Monday back in Nov. 2017) and said that she recalled the promotion we used, and that she thought we *should* have gotten one. She got on the phone, and spoke to someone for a few moments, and then told me that yes, I was supposed to have gotten one, and she wasn't sure why I didn't.. but here, and she wrote one out for to use today. I had intended to use it for Iron Rattler later in the day, but since that never came up, I went back to Wonder Woman before leaving, as that was the only coaster really with a decent line.

I figured that since the way the trains load, I should just go to the Flash Pass entrance (which WW still has). But when I got there, the guy staffing it said he couldn't take the Skip the Line pass, and I had to go in the exit. I was confused, since they load the train from the other side, but said OK, and went thru the gift shop, up the exit, and held up my skip the ride pass to show the lady working the ride console (she's the only one on that side of the platform, as all other ops are at the front end unbuckling riders, and loading new passengers in).

I came up behind a small group waiting with a guy in a wheelchair, as he needed to load from that side, but they told me that the Park Policy is that one member of the party has to wait in the standby line, and when they get to the station, that's when they all get to ride - a Policy I think might need some tweaks, but seems pretty fair. But they ushered me in front of them because they were waiting for the person from their party in the line to make it to the station. . .

anyways, the console operator came over, and reached across the track to look at my skip the line pass, then went back to the console, and said over the mic: "Don't load the next train"

And then she waved me forwards to go get in the next train, so I hopped in the front seat (my prior ride, when I waited 45 minutes had been in the back seat, and I found it a bit more intense than last time.. they are really running this thing full tilt. . . so went for the front this time for floater instead of ejector). The op at the train said "how many?" and I responded with "just me" and he buckles me in, and we move forwards to the lift hill.

and the group waiting with the wheelchair guy starts hooting and hollaring, and I look back and realized -- they had loaded JUST ME in the train. A wait of an Hour +, and they ran the train with just me in the front seat!

LOL

it was incredible, and I loved it. . but yeah. . NO EYE CONTACT was made with anyone in line, when it returned to the station. . .

In the park from ~11am until ~4pm, and rode the following:

Skyscreamer (4 cycle wait)

Superman (walk on.. running 3 trains)

Wonder Woman (back seat, ~45 minute wait)

Hurricane Force 5 (1 cycle wait, my first Disc-o. . did not care for it)

Poltergeist (1 train wait)

Train (with Tweety and Sylvester)

Bug's White Water Rapids (walk on, as they just got it back up and running while I was on the train)

Ferris Wheel (walk on. . but had to ride with a group of 3 teenagers, since no single riders allowed)

Spinsanity (walk on)

Hustler (1 cycle wait)

Wonder Woman (front row. . "walk on")

here's some pics.

IMG_4332.thumb.JPG.14f70321f25705430640be941395abd7.JPG

oh no! :(. .the view from inside the park, tho I had spotted it in this position walking from the parking lot.

IMG_4333.thumb.JPG.9d84dfc9b30d5dee55eb3cdcc837d640.JPG

after riding a couple of things, I didn't mind waiting in line for WW. Hadn't seen the queue since they officially had completed it. Very well done.

IMG_4334.thumb.JPG.9e74e73d32a33be3be0f5e91364ba8d9.JPG

IMG_4335.thumb.JPG.83cd27a4f15e3039758fae8b830203fe.JPG

IMG_4337.thumb.JPG.97d13553c926d235721cede2ffb234e5.JPG

my my. . how VERY "Six Flags". . only open about a month, and already 2 of the 6 flame pots aren't working? LOL

IMG_4338.thumb.JPG.ef3bb1c1dfd830fe0b3b66be93ebe377.JPG

artsy shot thru the arch

IMG_4340.thumb.JPG.f751c1f4f8fbfaeda6b998afb0194e67.JPG

IMG_4341.thumb.JPG.f3b25b9734738b6d5b763ec5a9fc76a5.JPG

IMG_4342.thumb.JPG.4f4e948499e1250c015a6a5e238868e8.JPG

my first Disc-O. . dind't care for it. I liked some moments of it, but yeah, made me a little dizzy, and was glad that I hadn't eaten yet.

IMG_4343.thumb.JPG.ace229fe49cd3e8c7cc7e4ed450e750e.JPG

Speaking of eating. . my Dining Plan paid for lunch from Mucho Nacho in Sangerfest Halle (that's chilli on top of my fajita nachos).

The cashier almost forgot to charge me for my waters, and I pointed that out to her. She thanked me for being honest, which prompted the man behind me to say to his Daughter "see? that's how you should always do it"

(which made me feel all good inside :) )

IMG_4344.thumb.JPG.df01198c3130635d2cb8d393300b8b2a.JPG

Carousel is not quite ready :( as I knew from someone else's report the other day (pic from inside Sangerfest Halle, next to the beer stand)

IMG_4345.thumb.JPG.c6b934e4fbdab91277133e632b6bcf0d.JPG

but the queue is looking good.

IMG_4348.thumb.JPG.6c7804d5b9540056a4a5655ad3d4225d.JPG

hey! I got to meet Tweety and Sylvester (smartly hanging out in the shaded train station, in the 100+ Texas heat).

IMG_4352.thumb.JPG.9cf76c4333aa2741fb6fc1703f3a4bb5.JPG

they even rode the train around the park with me. Funny to see how many grown men shouted out TWEETY!!! as we passed, and pulled out cameras.

IMG_4353.thumb.JPG.d1977e43a06ae8e76d26598f9b226699.JPG

Bug's Rapids opened back up while I was on the train.. . ooo.. Bugs is back in the queue. ..are the other figurines?

IMG_4354.thumb.JPG.aed01c0c419ae33b2a3bde89a618d0b6.JPG

NOPE. empty scene after empty scene. . and even on the flume, the dragon, tho he did spit, didn't turn his head to track the logs. wonder what's going on with this that they don't seem to be in any rush to fix this ride up?

IMG_4355.thumb.JPG.c3201722291d7249322774ce926069f7.JPG

can never have too many pics of Poltergeist. (From the Ferris Wheel, which I finally got to ride)

IMG_4356.thumb.JPG.f4c2463d83767a2be05998c0b99d47f5.JPG

IMG_4357.thumb.JPG.cb54fad82f79b9349273597f758ad1e4.JPG

Goliath (also skipped this trip, but only had a 10 minute or so wait as i was leaving).

the parking lot doesn't look too full, but that's misleading. . if I go a little more to the right. . .

IMG_4359.thumb.JPG.8570ab41c2325d67e42666fbad07d2e7.JPG

.. tho not completely full? that's a pretty good crowd at the park today. Many were in the Waterpark as the sun came out tho.

IMG_4360.thumb.JPG.a5129814fabdf407522a0ba5cdabd055.JPG

pouty face, as walking by after 3, the train still hasn't moved. And no maintenance on the lift hill either.

IMG_4361.thumb.JPG.250b84f9ba0c3f32ed4a56db33b386ac.JPG

I did like this shirt in the IR exit gift shop tho. . LOL

IMG_4362.thumb.JPG.7581e9c61520f609ac4b30de42f89007.JPG

IMG_4363.thumb.JPG.dd1df7ac8a6841fadf43d8624eb72900.JPG

ah. . good ol, Hustler. Such a unique tea-cups ride. (and they will let you ride alone!)

Must've missed the evac by less than 15 minutes. My buddy I was with decided we should see what the WW line was like around 9:45 so we ditched IRat and speedwalked over to WW.

Can't decide if I was lucky or unlucky to have missed the evac. On one hand, it's one of those cool things that doesn't happen often (like rollbacks), but on the other hand, being at that height, exposed, sounds a little terrifying, lol!

I did notice on about 50% of our marathon rides that the lift slowed down about a quarter of the way up and then quickly resumed normal speed, and that the cabin with the bottom lift gear was open all night. So, not super surprising that it happened, but sucks that it had to be down all day yesterday.

Hopefully it's back up today or tomorrow. Since I have plans to go on Wednesday, I'll probably just shift those over to the water park to check out Thunder Rapids (didn't renew passes last summer, so limited visits) which I planned to do on Saturday but timing got screwy with weather and such.

Upon arriving in the morning, I swung by Season Pass building (since there was no line in there) to inquire if my Gold Level pass should have included a 1 time skip the line pass. . as we'd never gotten that perk. The lady behind the counter looked it up, and saw when we purchased it (on Cyber Monday back in Nov. 2017) and said that she recalled the promotion we used, and that she thought we *should* have gotten one. She got on the phone, and spoke to someone for a few moments, and then told me that yes, I was supposed to have gotten one, and she wasn't sure why I didn't.. but here, and she wrote one out for to use today. I had intended to use it for Iron Rattler later in the day, but since that never came up, I went back to Wonder Woman before leaving, as that was the only coaster really with a decent line.

I also got a season pass purchased during the labor day sale... I had the skip the line but it had an expiration date of May 10th I believe

Nice report!

I absolutely love this park. It's been about a year since I was able to visit, and I'm happy to see hustler still there as I heard is was being removed.

that was the rumor when they were clearing land for Batman. . since it's awful close to where Hustler is. . but nope, still there, and still running great.

(I suspect if they ever change Rockville to Gotham. . a move that makes total sense. . .the ride will simply get rethemed to something villainous. . . maybe Penguin's Pool Hall or something)?