TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Doesn't sound like it. It was down for me when I visited in late April. Left me a little disappointed, it seemed like a fun mine train. I had figured it was just that day, but every report I've seen since then has mentioned that it continued to be down.

Hey so... has Road Runner Express run at all this year? Asking for a friend.

On the bright side, they have an awesome flume.

that still has most of the Looney Tunes themeing (at least on the ride, if not in the actual queue) intact.

Roadrunner has not been operating since the 2018 season started it seems (tho I did ride it in Dec during Holiday in the Park).

I just called the park and spoke to Customer service and they checked and confirmed for me:

"Roadrunner Express is down until further notice due to maintenance issues"

they do NOT have an estimated time for when the ride will be operational, and apologized for the inconvenience.

so, sorry Bill, but sounds like it's gonna be down for a while still. . a shame, as I believe it's the last mine-train coaster that Arrow built, and it's a unique layout.

but maybe whatever is broken, they are just waiting for a part or something?

I mean... trust me. The word won't end if I miss out on a mine train. I just figured I'd ask.

it's a fun one tho. . and, eh. . took me 2 minutes to call them to ask.

so no worries.

now. .if you miss out on the Bugs Bunny Rapids?.. . you'll be devastated.

lemme know when you're gonna be down, and if possible, could try to meet up (tho it's rough for me during the weekdays).

Aw, that sucks. I'm going to be there next weekend and I was looking forward to the mine train. Doesn't sound like the type of thing that will be resolved in a week.

But what could break so badly that it takes a coaster out of commission for half a season or more? Structural problem?

But what could break so badly that it takes a coaster out of commission for half a season or more?

In the case of Road Runner Express? Lift motor, structural issue, coyote with a chainsaw, coyote with a stick of dynamite. Could be anything...

But what could break so badly that it takes a coaster out of commission for half a season or more?

In the case of Road Runner Express? Lift motor, structural issue, coyote with a chainsaw, coyote with a stick of dynamite. Could be anything...

I see what you did there haha

It was running at the beginning of the season, I believe. Then one day it went down, and the next week, the trains were off of the track.

Yeah, it was indeed up and running the day that I was there in mid-April. Had to check if I had an on-ride photo from it, and indeed I do. I'll save myself the embarrassment of posting it though.

It was running at the beginning of the season, I believe. Then one day it went down, and the next week, the trains were off of the track.

Yeah, it was indeed up and running the day that I was there in mid-April. Had to check if I had an on-ride photo from it, and indeed I do. I'll save myself the embarrassment of posting it though.

post away, it's not a kiddie coaster. . . .no shame involved at all

I plan on visiting this park next week. Which day do y'all think is better, a Wednesday or a Thursday? And which rides should I hit as soon as it opens? Thanks!

Schools are out in Austin & San Antonio now, so either day is gonna have kids.. but the good thing is that Fiesta has a waterpark, and it's in the 100's now (welcome to Summer in Texas). . so that will drain a lot of folks away in the morning thru early afternoon.

between the two days? I'd go Wed, if I could.. but either would be lighter crowd than a weekend.

most Fiesta Tx rides have fast moving queues, tho Iron Rattler can get really bad due to the design of the station (people waiting for the back row, will block the line entering the station. . . and you end up stuck on the ramps until people can pass to the much shorter center rows. (sometimes they have a grouper helping to avoid that tho).

the only thing we've ever stood a long time to wait for is Poltergeist.. as if they are running one train, it can move really slow (tho my last trip, they had both trains on).

Wonder Woman is the new hotness tho. so that's been getting quite the line early.

have fun, it's a GREAT park.

ETA: a lot of folks will go immediately to the Left upon entry to get in line for Goliath (Batman clone). . . it's a good coaster, but we usually hit it on way out, rather than way in. Exception being if it's walk on. . which you can see as you are entering the main gates.

typically, we go in, and head to the Right at the central plaza to hit Iron Rattler first.

Thank you! I'm in Dallas, so familiar with the heat. I can skip the clones there that we have here, I'm sure they're just about the same. Excited for IR, will only be my 2nd time on an RMC coaster and the first with rolls.

don't forget that Fiesta has TWO RMCs now (IR has one inversion, and Wonder Woman has multiple inversions).

even tho you said you can skip the clones. . i wouldn't pass up Batman (the 1st S&S Freespin).. as it's not always the same ride, tho it looks like the Joker y'all have. I'd also not pass up Pandemonium.. yeah, y'all have it at SFoT too. . but the setting here is what makes the ride.. right next to the quarry walls. And last time we rode it, we got airtime during a backwards spin during a ride!).

I've ridden a lot of the Batman/Joker rides, and I had by far, the best ride at the one here. I don't know if it was an unbalance weight, or if they allow more flips, but we flipped a ton and it was amazing! I got a regular Flash Pass, and I was happy that WW was on it for one ride. One word of caution with WW. The line can be deceiving. It doesn't look that long, but it moves so slow. The operations needs a lot of work on it. At one point, it had 9 minute cycle times.

We just returned from a long (and very HOT) trip to the Lone Star State and this was our second time visiting SFFT. We were here two years ago and on this visit we got in two full days. I was reminded quickly why this is perhaps my favorite park in the chain.

We were determined to ride everything in these two days, including stuff we missed two years ago. The aforementioned Road Runner was not operating but fortunately we rode it 2 years ago. The railroad was also not operating. The park was not really all that busy, even for a SAT-SUN. Most guests were crammed into the (awesome) water park, escaping the triple digit heat. We got in a 2 day total of 5 rides on Iron Rattler, which I might add is my favorite coaster inside or outside a SF park. (It even beats the new Twisted Cyclone at my home GA park, but it is close....)

We got in two rides on Wonder Woman and much to our surprise, we were allowed to utilize our Diamond Elite skip passes there for one of those rides. This ride is intense as advertised and will surprise the first time rider. Once they address capacity issues, I can see this ride cloning at other SF parks in the near future. But for now, it was unique and we had a blast on it.

Although we have been on Pandemonium at SFoT more times than we can count, this copy of it was so much better. Ditto for the Sky Screamer...the nearby quarry wall makes for an entirely different experience than on other versions. Hurricane: Force 5 was a blast and we just had to ride The Hustler. This is definitely a hidden gem of a flat ride.

Over on the waterpark side of things, we got to try out Thunder Rapids. Long wait but worth experiencing for the first time.

Food service was outstanding. We never waited more than 5 minutes to get our meals. Food quality was good too. The park could use a few more Freestyle machines but we did find a 'hidden' one in the coffee shop! There was never a line for it and all flavors were available. The folks that run this park take pride in it and it definitely shows. Everything was very clean.

The fireworks show at the end of the day was an amazing surprise. Although we were a bit bummed sections of the park had to close for it, we were blown away by the quality of this show! We stuck around on day 2 of our visit for another round!

We will be back...either next year or the following year. We really love it here!

20180602_151315.thumb.jpg.3d577230558efd69361e8733170ce753.jpg

I never get tired of this view or this ride!

20180602_151508.thumb.jpg.9740b3b54b24623eddbbe92e4c2eec5b.jpg

Welcome triple-digit heat relief!

20180602_155124.thumb.jpg.577f197edde3f9ccfb65b31f57f6daac.jpg

The quarry wall makes this park the most scenic of any SF park!

20180602_171743.thumb.jpg.9492e97e741abcc3ec5153294821d036.jpg

Yeah, there was this. Definitely worth riding and very different

20180602_190417.thumb.jpg.2f51838bfdc8767a0f02ec393c6a8e75.jpg

The water park here is amazing. Cool, clean, refreshing!

20180602_203441.thumb.jpg.6055993fb9228ba1670500933642cc49.jpg

My favorite section of the park!

20180602_204116.thumb.jpg.4e184721876bdb8386bfb64e48ec84c6.jpg

This has got to be the most unique flat ride. We had to go for a 'spin'...

20180602_213205.thumb.jpg.de143a1aba43a7dd3b1fe2dab19ffc2c.jpg

What a fantastic way to end the day...y'all come back now!

Great report! I love Fiesta Texas.

I'm glad you liked Thunder Rapids and found the wait worth it. When I was there last month, I only waited 5 minutes and didn't feel the need to ride it again. I guess I just didn't get the ride.

And I agree, Iron Rattler is awesome.

good report!.. how long was line on Gully Washer? (I had warned someone the other week, that on hot days, that queue will fill completely)

I'm glad you liked Thunder Rapids and found the wait worth it. When I was there last month, I only waited 5 minutes and didn't feel the need to ride it again. I guess I just didn't get the ride.

LOL. . I think it was actually you I was telling the line can get long on Gully Washer.

hopefully, now that we're in the 100's, they have all the waterfalls on!

Can anyone tell me if there are places to eat outside of the park, within walking distance?

Gonna visit next week but not driving, and don't have the dining pass and didn't want to spend a lot on park food. Gonna be with my niece and trying to get by on the cheap. Lol