TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

I got 3 rides in today. Rode in the last seat, front seat and 5th seat. I think I liked the 5th seat ride best. It’s a great ride with nice airtime and really smooth. RMC and Fiesta have another winner. BTW, so they had single rider line open but you have to tell the employees you want to go to it. That’s how I was able to ride 3 times on opening day. Although I will say they were moving the line pretty well with their system.

what do you mean by having to tell the employee... when i went last week they had it where you just walked into the single line

I got 3 rides in today. Rode in the last seat, front seat and 5th seat. I think I liked the 5th seat ride best. It’s a great ride with nice airtime and really smooth. RMC and Fiesta have another winner. BTW, so they had single rider line open but you have to tell the employees you want to go to it. That’s how I was able to ride 3 times on opening day. Although I will say they were moving the line pretty well with their system.

what do you mean by having to tell the employee... when i went last week they had it where you just walked into the single line

I guess since the line was so long and they were using overflow queues today. They actually had an employee walk me to the single rider line. They need to just put a chain or divider to separate the line.

I guess since the line was so long and they were using overflow queues today. They actually had an employee walk me to the single rider line. They need to just put a chain or divider to separate the line.

o ok... last week they had a divider going half way to the entrance

mabey they need to make it a permanent divider

it is a beautiful baby blue during the day (which I assume is the bottom of the pond painted).. so it looks SO different at night, with the water being so dark.

Negative - the bottom of the pond is unpainted. The water from what I saw in a video interview is treated and cleaned, with the pumps being the stuff to the left of the transfer shed.

The lighting as is right now at night looks fantastic; especially that spotlight. No complaints here.

To each their own, but I think the water looks much better as a blue, rather than a murky brown.

the lighting on the ride looks great, but think it would look better with lighting along bottom of the pond (or a fountain in the center they could light).

I strongly suspect the spotlight is only there for opening weekend. (Fiesta is awful close to flightpaths to the airport for it to be permanent)

did they get the actual queue building open? I know they were really trying to get it done last week.

did they get the actual queue building open? I know they were really trying to get it done last week.

It was being used last night for the VIP event. It was pretty much done from what I could see, except the flames weren't working. Below is a pic I snapped as I was walking by.

20180511_204345.thumb.jpg.2e9e118e313a6a8aa5242673d7a203a5.jpg

How long were the lines?

^I’m not really sure since I was using the single rider line. I maybe waited 30 minutes at first then about an hour later. They were asking everyone to wait in the overflow queue then they separate us in the main queue. They really need a divider in the main queue. They were telling guests as they enter the main queue that it was another 2 hours wait. Of course for some reason around 1pm, they took a train off so I bet you could almost double that 2 hour wait then.

I highly recommend using the single rider line. Someone asked me why they even have a single rider line since everyone is a single rider. It’s the way they group you for the trains. They group the big groups together on the same train normally leaving a seat or two. One of the times it worked out that I sat behind my friend with me.

^I’m not really sure since I was using the single rider line. I maybe waited 30 minutes at first then about an hour later. They were asking everyone to wait in the overflow queue then they separate us in the main queue. They really need a divider in the main queue. They were telling guests as they enter the main queue that it was another 2 hours wait. Of course for some reason around 1pm, they took a train off so I bet you could almost double that 2 hour wait then.

I highly recommend using the single rider line. Someone asked me why they even have a single rider line since everyone is a single rider. It’s the way they group you for the trains. They group the big groups together on the same train normally leaving a seat or two. One of the times it worked out that I sat behind my friend with me.

In my trip a week ago - trip report here (LOL)

(http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75911)

I got 4 back to back rides in less than 25-30 minutes with single rider line.

later on, it took longer, as folks started to realize that everyone rode single regardless, and the single rider line was just as long as the standard line. But yeah, the "groups" I saw in single rider line did seem to be ending up on the same train, or in back to back trains.

glad to see this is a hit, and isn't scaring folks away (yet). . .Batman almost never has a line, as people are afraid of it (tho some of that might also be the idiotic coverage of it getting stuck a month or so ago. . so people might be afraid of getting stuck on the lift). .who knows?

here's a pic of the grouping area from my TR:

IMG_3731.thumb.JPG.8f5fa7418e8870940ed5aec7f4566d87.JPG

For anyone going to the park this weekend. The single rider line for Wonder Woman is not an option at this time. At least it wasn’t today so doubtful for the weekend. I feel like the park should stop trying to keep groups together and just count off to 8.

For anyone going to the park this weekend. The single rider line for Wonder Woman is not an option at this time. At least it wasn’t today so doubtful for the weekend. I feel like the park should stop trying to keep groups together and just count off to 8.

well, that went away about as quick as I was expecting.

I'll bet they got complaints from Fast Pass users that they were getting stuck waiting with folks that hadn't bought them.

but who knows?

agree with you. . they should just count off 8 every time, and it is what it is.

well, that went away about as quick as I was expecting.

I'll bet they got complaints from Fast Pass users that they were getting stuck waiting with folks that hadn't bought them.

but who knows?

agree with you. . they should just count off 8 every time, and it is what it is.

Well they wwglc is still just one line... They have removed the sign for the single rider line... I'm a little upset about it and I was hoping they would add the lines to other rides

Ugh. . people are so freaking stupid.

sometimes, I just. . . can't.

it was on BOOMERANG. . . on the incline before it drops.

yet:

One of the passengers on the ride used a cell phone to call 9-1-1.

https://woai.iheart.com/content/2018-05-21-ride-stuck-for-a-half-hour-at-six-flags-fiesta-texas/

I google searched it, since it came across as "Breaking News" locally, that SAFD had been called to Fiesta Texas for an emergency.

Have they announced what dark ride is replacing the old one? I have seen a few pictures of the exterior of the rides building getting work done to it, but no word on what it's going to be.

Pirate themed ride.

this pic is from 4/8 trip.

IMG_3485.thumb.JPG.78396e0d68f109c6210890f7b1c69383.JPG

Ugh. . people are so freaking stupid.

sometimes, I just. . . can't.

it was on BOOMERANG. . . on the incline before it drops.

yet:

One of the passengers on the ride used a cell phone to call 9-1-1.

https://woai.iheart.com/content/2018-05-21-ride-stuck-for-a-half-hour-at-six-flags-fiesta-texas/

I google searched it, since it came across as "Breaking News" locally, that SAFD had been called to Fiesta Texas for an emergency.

Oh ffs... why is this even being reported in the news???