TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Remember 6 Flags business philosophy. Install anything at a lower cost that they can hype up in advertising, while not considering guest experience.

VR and double rides on American Eagle are some examples. Both crippled capacity and made bad overall experiences because of the wait times. Most of their recent installations seem to be cheaper, low capacity rides like the free spin coasters. Goliath in Chicago is an excellent example of a "hyped-up" coaster being built on the cheap side (short ride with only 2 trains) with horrible capacity in a huge metro market.

8 passenger trains, 6 Flags mediocre operations and slower lines due to Flash Pass sounds like a miserable couple of hours waiting in the Texas heat.....

I personally quit going to 6 Flags parks a couple years ago because of their philosophy. It carries over into the general condition of the parks, the lack of landscaping/weeds growing, run down buildings, lack of live entertainment etc.

But they can hype this coaster up and advertise it as a "first"

It's gotta be rough being so miserable.

So finally people will shut up about Knott's or CGA getting one next year now...then again...who are we kidding.

Looks intereting. First park with 2 RMCs too. I hope to visit one day.

Two and a half RMCs, their free spin (bat man) has RMC track. And didn't Alan Schilke help design their mine train ride (for Arrow)?

Looks very promising, I'm excited to see this thing in real life! This will also be a great new beginning for RMC, breaking away from their typical practice. I like the theme choice, though I wish the color was a little more like Wonder Woman (I understand the idea of the lasso anyway). I would expect red, blue and silver but it's not that way because Superman is right there

The supports on that lift hill look like something I'd make in No Limits. At first I thought it looked a lot bigger than it is, but it must be because the Raptor track is small. And I'm wondering if this will be the new Batman: The Ride.

They should name it "The Capacity Monster"

Joking and eye rolling aside (Six Flags almost bags for it continuously), this really does look to be a fun and interesting new ride. It's going to be freaky and awesome to have so little around you up there alone in that seat. I hope the seats are more comfortable than their regular trains.

Wow this looks like such an incredible experience. RMC's innovation combined with their rockstar popularity the past few years is really breathing fresh air into the typical B&M cookie-cutter additions of old.

For those worried about capacity, maybe they should build one at Europa Park in Germany first and then have the Six Flags ride ops train over there. They'd still somehow manage to move a full queue in 60 minutes max.

Remember 6 Flags business philosophy. Install anything at a lower cost that they can hype up in advertising, while not considering guest experience.

VR and double rides on American Eagle are some examples. Both crippled capacity and made bad overall experiences because of the wait times. Most of their recent installations seem to be cheaper, low capacity rides like the free spin coasters. Goliath in Chicago is an excellent example of a "hyped-up" coaster being built on the cheap side (short ride with only 2 trains) with horrible capacity in a huge metro market.

8 passenger trains, 6 Flags mediocre operations and slower lines due to Flash Pass sounds like a miserable couple of hours waiting in the Texas heat.....

I personally quit going to 6 Flags parks a couple years ago because of their philosophy. It carries over into the general condition of the parks, the lack of landscaping/weeds growing, run down buildings, lack of live entertainment etc.

But they can hype this coaster up and advertise it as a "first"

It's gotta be rough being so miserable.

OMG!! This looks amazing!! Between this, and SDC's new attraction. . . I'm going to have a hard time figuring out where to spend my time!!!

I know right! I'm counting down the days until SDC's announcement. Although it sucks because they announce it on the day I go back to school. Have you seen recent pictures of it? It looks like it will have a vertical drop!

For as much of a "down year" for new additions 2017 was, 2018 looks like it's going to be amazing. Wonder Woman, whatever is coming to Knotts and California's Great America, new RMC Mean Streak, new RMC Hurler, whatever Silver Dollar City is up to, new (maybe RMC) Georgia Cyclone, Slinky Dog Dash coaster at Hollywood Studios, Electric Eel at SeaWorld San Diego, new rapids ride for SWO, Fast n Furious at Universal Orlando (if you're into that kind of thing), something that might be atleast 315 feet tall for BGW, a Skywarp has been confirmed for somewhere, and I'm sure there will be a few more surprises.

Colors are kind of wierd but i am happy that fiesta texas is getting a new coaster!

um. . ."weird" in what way?

it's named after Wonder Woman's lasso (because the yellow track looks like her lasso). . and the supports / train appear to be painted to match her colors - the same colors as Superman (always have been): Red, Blue, and Yellow

(tho Wondy has some white in her boots, and stars on shorts)

wonder-woman1.jpg

dc-comics-wonder-woman-statue-tweeterhead-902973-01.jpg

Colors are kind of wierd but i am happy that fiesta texas is getting a new coaster!

um. . ."weird" in what way?

it's named after Wonder Woman's lasso (because the yellow track looks like her lasso). . and the supports / train appear to be painted to match her colors - the same colors as Superman (always have been): Red, Blue, and Yellow

(tho Wondy has some white in her boots, and stars on shorts)

wonder-woman1.jpg

dc-comics-wonder-woman-statue-tweeterhead-902973-01.jpg

I kind of wish that they had maybe half of the supports blue and half red, but I think it will look good when it is built. I mean it sits right by Superman, which has red track, Poltergeist has yellow track, Scream has both red and yellow on it, Goliath has yellow supports. I think it will end up looking good on the skyline.

Glad I just read that, "To help increase capacity on the coaster the park has announced that it will feature a moving loading station platform". This may be like a Mr. Freeze type loading.

It actually means it's like HRRR

Oh...okay. Well, I don't feel glad anymore. Thx. lol

Glad I just read that, "To help increase capacity on the coaster the park has announced that it will feature a moving loading station platform". This may be like a Mr. Freeze type loading.

It actually means it's like HRRR

Oh...okay. Well, I don't feel glad anymore. Thx. lol

I bet a moving platform would help capacity a lot more than a Mr Freeze-type system would