TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

New coaster looks awesome!!! Now we need one on the east coast.... Six Flags America?! Who am I trying to kid?

I'm sure RMC will have price incentives to help this make it to every SF park.

RMC is in high demand for all their products, they don't need to cut prices. RMC could stay more than busy just with conversions, now this is just expanding their portfolio.

I'm surprised they announced it this early. I was expecting it to be announced on the same date as all the other rides.

I wonder if they announced it early because it's one of the 5 Record Breaking/First of it's Kind rides that Six Flags is building this year and they wanted to announce it before any other park possibly getting one (CGA?) could announce theirs.

Everyone was assuming SF would announce a ton more Free Flys and a bunch of Skywarps, but could this type actually be the next one coming to multiple SF parks over the next 2 years?

If it's reliable, over the next 3-4 years would be my guess.

Edited by RideWoodenCoasters

It would be cool if it were a unique layout for each installation, but that's not likely.

I have the same opinion, but my hunch says CGA's version will be VERY similar if not identical. Maybe mirrored? The 110' stat lines up with both rides.

Also, I think the rendering might be deceiving. The pool the ride is over is the same as the one's that currently there, which would make this ride a lot closer to the quarry wall than is shown

For those capacity nay-sayers. Apparently the station will be a conveyor system. (I don't know the credibility of this tweet)

The station can also have neon lighting and mirrors on the ceiling. If it only has three trains, they'll have to be pitch perfect to break 500 riders an hour.

Remember 6 Flags business philosophy. Install anything at a lower cost that they can hype up in advertising, while not considering guest experience.

VR and double rides on American Eagle are some examples. Both crippled capacity and made bad overall experiences because of the wait times. Most of their recent installations seem to be cheaper, low capacity rides like the free spin coasters. Goliath in Chicago is an excellent example of a "hyped-up" coaster being built on the cheap side (short ride with only 2 trains) with horrible capacity in a huge metro market.

8 passenger trains, 6 Flags mediocre operations and slower lines due to Flash Pass sounds like a miserable couple of hours waiting in the Texas heat.....

I personally quit going to 6 Flags parks a couple years ago because of their philosophy. It carries over into the general condition of the parks, the lack of landscaping/weeds growing, run down buildings, lack of live entertainment etc.

But they can hype this coaster up and advertise it as a "first"

Remember 6 Flags business philosophy. Install anything at a lower cost that they can hype up in advertising, while not considering guest experience.

VR and double rides on American Eagle are some examples. Both crippled capacity and made bad overall experiences because of the wait times. Most of their recent installations seem to be cheaper, low capacity rides like the free spin coasters. Goliath in Chicago is an excellent example of a "hyped-up" coaster being built on the cheap side (short ride with only 2 trains) with horrible capacity in a huge metro market.

8 passenger trains, 6 Flags mediocre operations and slower lines due to Flash Pass sounds like a miserable couple of hours waiting in the Texas heat.....

I personally quit going to 6 Flags parks a couple years ago because of their philosophy. It carries over into the general condition of the parks, the lack of landscaping/weeds growing, run down buildings, lack of live entertainment etc.

But they can hype this coaster up and advertise it as a "first"

Classic enthusiast over here

Everyone was assuming SF would announce a ton more Free Flys and a bunch of Skywarps, but could this type actually be the next one coming to multiple SF parks over the next 2 years?

People overlooked it but Screamscape also is reporting a rumor of La Ronde getting a superloop from their source. Don't singl SF praises yet, they could still being cloning some superloops, 4D's, and skyscreamers in 2018

I thought Six Flags announched their rides in one go. Okay I'm happy we got this one just a bit odd.

Anyway looks great hope to ride it one day won't be surprised to see Six Flags jump on the Wonder Woman wagon for more rides.

They're getting a bit liberal with the term "stall". I took a look back through the layout looking for a stall ala Twisted Colossus or Goliath, but they're referring to the weird Drachen Fire esque 180* inversion.

I thought the same thing at first, but I think they might be referring to the extended corkscrew after that Drachen Fire cutback. It looks like it snaps upside-down quickly and then hangs there for a moment.

Speaking of operations, this is the same park that I was worried about their Batman S&S coaster. I know it's 8 more being loading at a time but they do pretty good with moving that line. I also read that the station for Wonder Woman will be a continuous loading station so maybe they will enforce a no loose articles policy to load the trains faster. Don't get me wrong on a busy summer day when it's 104 outside, I'm sure the line will be like 2+ hrs but at least it looks worth it.