TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

This looks really great, first park to have 2 RMC's, correct?

I may need to get down there one day, it looks quite cool, I hope that dispatch times are quick because there are so few seats, that could be a benefit to having the smaller capacity, but it will be interesting to see how the line moves.

I'm gonna be completely honest right now - This one announcement is better than all of the Six Flags 2017 Announcements combined

I was about to agree with you but then I remembered that Six Flags New England is getting Holiday in the Park this year.

This looks really great, first park to have 2 RMC's, correct?

Unless you want to be uber-technical and argue about Blazing Fury at Dollywood then I think you're right.

Unless you want to be uber-technical and argue about Blazing Fury at Dollywood then I think you're right.
What's their second RMC?

Seriously, though, how is Blazing Fury an RMC? I'm reading that it was built in 1978.

I would say because RMC constructed rides but I don't think they were doing that in 1978. Maybe they retracked the whole thing.

^ Interesting. I personally don't want to jump on the "What about capacity?" bandwagon, but a ride like this will certainly require disciplined load/unload procedures, and I have faith that the park wouldn't have chosen this addition without a plan to address the capacity issue.

Edited by michaellynn4

What's their second RMC?

Lightning Rod

Seriously, though, how is Blazing Fury an RMC? I'm reading that it was built in 1978.

They ripped out a lot of the track over the last few years and replaced it with new track made by RMC. The drop even has some airtime now... no for real.

I prefaced this by saying that you'd have to be uber-technical to count this as an RMC now. I don't want to derail the conversation. I have no idea how much of the track is RMC track, nor do I care.

I'm gonna be completely honest right now - This one announcement is better than all of the Six Flags 2017 Announcements combined

I don't think that opinion is that hot of a take. This year's cap-ex was super weak

5 parks will be soaking up the major part of that Cap ex. Everything else will probably be very small.

I'm surprised they announced it this early. I was expecting it to be announced on the same date as all the other rides. I still think they should've added it to St. Louis, but Fiesta Texas seems to be one of their emerging parks. In a single decade, they get Iron Rattler, Batman: The Ride, and now this.

What's their second RMC?

Lightning Rod

They ripped out a lot of the track over the last few years and replaced it with new track made by RMC. The drop even has some airtime now... no for real.

I prefaced this by saying that you'd have to be uber-technical to count this as an RMC now. I don't want to derail the conversation. I have no idea how much of the track is RMC track, nor do I care.

If you count that, then you should also count that SFGAm and SFNE have two RMC-tracked coasters, and SFFT will have three. 4D Free Spin track is manufactured by RMC

I don't think that opinion is that hot of a take. This year's cap-ex was super weak

5 parks will be soaking up the major part of that Cap ex. Everything else will probably be very small.

I mean the 2017 cap ex when I said "this year," not things getting announced this year.

Edited by chickenbowl

For those capacity nay-sayers. Apparently the station will be a conveyor system. (I don't know the credibility of this tweet)

8 person per train even with 3 trains on a conveyor makes it a capacity still low. You still have to have things blocked for safety. Perfect example is Maverick they run 6 trains with 2 loading station and it still has limited capacity that causes major back ups. 3 trains instead of 6, with 8 passengers instead of 16 per train, will make the line backup worse than Maverick. Not to mention were talking CF operations vs SF.

So finally people will shut up about Knott's or CGA getting one next year now...then again...who are we kidding.

Looks intereting. First park with 2 RMCs too. I hope to visit one day.

Except apparently it won't be the only one opening next year...

Edited by Manic Monte

So finally people will shut up about Knott's or CGA getting one next year now...then again...who are we kidding.

Why do you say that? There still may be another one of these popping up elsewhere too. Cedar Fair has applied for trademark for Railblazer, so I'd bet one of their parks will be getting one of these as well.

What's their second RMC?

Lightning Rod

If you count that, then you should also count that SFGAm and SFNE have two RMC-tracked coasters, and SFFT will have three. 4D Free Spin track is manufactured by RMC

I mean the 2017 cap ex when I said "this year," not things getting announced this year.

Ah, I missed that...sorry.

A conveyor system will keep the loading the trains going out consistently. I'm taking a wild guess this ride will have to have fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo in order to keep it flowing smoothly.

Yup. Mandatory paid storage (fluffers?) like X2 at SFMM and no seatbelts is my guess.