TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

This looks absolutely amazing! Not that I needed another reason to visit SFFT since it's now my favorite Six Flags park, but this may make me return even sooner than I anticipated. The first drop looks bonkers. Not sure if it will beat Iron Rattler, but the fact that I'm even thinking that says a lot.

The layout definitely seems clonable so I wonder if we'll see it at another Six Flags park next year or in the following years. I know I thought the same about Goliath, but Great America is still the only park with that exact layout.

The capacity does seem a bit worrisome. 8 riders on what will be marketed as a premier attraction seems very low. Then again, Six Flags has been able to keep the lines manageable on the free spins so with the right crew I think they can keep the line palatable. I'm guessing it will still be at least an hour on most days though.

hmm. . .at first I was thinking. . . the track looks similar to the "boxed" track that Shockwave uses at SFoT. . but then realized it really is very thin.

when I noticed the single riders!

each car only holds 1 person?. . . this is gonna be great.

a fantastic addition to SFFT. . . but it *does* leave me wondering: that area will now have Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman.

seems to be screaming out that Rockville is going to be rethemed (maybe to Smallville?).

would be a real shame to lose the "Hustler" themeing if Rockville goes away.

but great news on the new ride.

Congrats down there. Like CoasterBill said, with only 8 people to load, I believe the line will move.

Here's the next question: Will Six flags include this in their release video on Aug. 31? Of course they will, but I was just thinking about that.

Congrats down there. Like CoasterBill said, with only 8 people to load, I believe the line will move.

Woah, woah woah... I didn't say the line would move. I said they'd have decent dispatch times. There's a difference when you're talking about an 8 passenger train.

Woah, woah woah... I didn't say the line would move. I said they'd have decent dispatch times. There's a difference when you're talking about an 8 passenger train.

Lol, my apologies!

capacity is potentially concerning.

I remember people flipping out at the capacity of Superman at SFDK. Or Green Lantern at SFMM. Or every single 4D Free Spin (especially at the larger parks).

This one really shouldn't be worse than those.

Well, the FreeSpin coasters have higher capacity than these (they have the equivalent of 5 trains on this) and they're more likely to see interest decline to flat ride levels over time than a big full circuit ride. Also, let's be real - their capacity really isn't great. But Six Flags doesn't so much care about that in new rides.

capacity is potentially concerning.

I remember people flipping out at the capacity of Superman at SFDK. Or Green Lantern at SFMM. Or every single 4D Free Spin (especially at the larger parks).

This one really shouldn't be worse than those.

Well, the FreeSpin coasters have higher capacity than these (they have the equivalent of 5 trains on this) and they're more likely to see interest decline to flat ride levels over time than a big full circuit ride. Also, let's be real - their capacity really isn't great. But Six Flags doesn't so much care about that in new rides.

Want to sell fast passes.

I cant help but wonder if CGA is getting a Raptor also and Six Flags jumped the gun (almost a month prior to their usual announcement date) to steal their thunder

I 100% think that's what Six Flags was doing here. I'm all in with CGA getting a raptor as well.

Except we know which one will actually open first lol

Still, congrats to SFFT. This looks amazing!