TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

It's hilarious watching SF Parks trying to copy Cedar Fair parks with teasers. SF trying to teasers which is something CF has done for years and as with everything way better than SF.

There are usually a few Six Flags park every year that post teasers, it's nothing new and definitely not something they are copying.

The First two teasers have been released for SFFT 2018 Project.

1. Are you ready for the next adventure? #SFFT2018

2. Wow..... time sure flys around here! #SFFT2018

hmmm. are they already going to pull out the starflyer and put something else there?

hmmm. are they already going to pull out the starflyer and put something else there?

I think the teases are about the name or theme of the ride. Don't see them pulling out the skyscreamer

I think the teases are about the name or theme of the ride. Don't see them pulling out the skyscreamer

Hmm, next adventure, time flies, I'm ruling out SkyScreamer seeing how SFFT put in that ride in 2012 and it's only five years old. So my other guess is Pandemonium.

Won't surprise me if they finally renovate Rockville into Gotham and add a frisbee like Riddler up in Arlington.

they HAD a frisbee.. my favorite ride in the park.

they pulled it out a few years ago.

Ok. It's this time of year again. I'm throwing my guesses for the new addition to the park.

I think Fiesta Texas is getting an RMC Raptor prototype.

Where? I'm not as sure.

I saw a previous poster here upload a picture of some footers being built by the awning going in to Spassburg. That could definitely be an option.

Other option I think is that they remove Power Surge and put it in that area. It's close to Rockville, which can coincide with potential renovation rumors we have been hearing about and Power Surge has been on the kill list for a while.

Just my .02

Won't surprise me if they finally renovate Rockville into Gotham and add a frisbee like Riddler up in Arlington.

they HAD a frisbee.. my favorite ride in the park.

they pulled it out a few years ago.

The Frisbee got removed to out in the Disko-o, Hurricane Force 5, on the Boardwalk. I doubt very seriously they will be adding another flat this year.

Looks like a ride will definitely be leaving the park. Hopefully it is Pandemonium. I want to see that ride go to Great Escape.

I think they are going to move Pandemonium somewhere else in the park and they will take out power surge. There was a post from Jeffrey about a relocation and then something being destroyed.

So, I went to the park 7/13/17 as part of my across Texas park trip. The park itself was not crowded which I loved! I personally love this park, its one of my favorite Six Flags in the chain behind New England and Great Adventure.

Thunder Rapids was actually a really fun ride! Its the longest line we waited for all day - about 45 minutes. I was not expecting it to be so fun because its small and no big drops. Its definitely a awesome new take on the water coaster.

We got stuck on Poltergeist. I live in MD and Six Flags America is my home park. A few weeks ago Joker's Jinx (almost clone of Poltergeist) was in the news for getting stuck after a wheel broke. The ride went to take off and I knew right away it was not going fast enough to make it around the track. I shouted to my BF to be prepared for this to not make it. Right before it started going up the first descent the brakes kicked in or the operator was able to catch us and stopped the train. Luckily, they were only using one train so they were able to pull us back into the station. It later opened and remained running the rest of the day.

I HATE the food options in the water park. There was NOTHING I wanted to eat in there. I wanted a salad and could not find one in there at all. I also hate how they do not have unsweet iced tea. I do like to drink soda or a lot of sugary drinks.

There was an employee at Iron Rattler that had us so mad. Her name is Lauren. We were waiting for the front seat and noticed that after each train came back to the station she would talk/gossip to the operator while the guy on the other side checked his whole side. She would start after he was checking the last car. We tried to write if off as a one time thing. We had 5 rides ahead of us - she did it EVERY TIME. Once we were finally on and my BF was waiting to be checked we said are you going to check him. Lauren and the operator gave us a dirty looked. Then the operator proceeded to unlock our entire car so they restraints had to be re-checked. We did not come back to the ride after that.

Can anyone explain why they make you take your flip flops/shoes on the rides with you? I am so confused what the difference is between taking them off and looping them through the seat belt/sitting on them or leaving them on the side? I would assume leaving them on the side is a better idea because what if they slip from under you or for some reason the seat belt comes undone and you loose them.

^Many parks require you to still take them with you in the event you have to be evacuated from the ride.

Thanks - I honestly thought about that over the weekend. I still feel like a rule like this should be a company wide rule. Not just picky and choosy among the parks.

I've got to say, normally I hate these stupid splash boat rides with a passion but at a park where it's been over 100 degrees 7 of the last 9 days this seems like an odd move from the outside looking in.

one whole section of Fiesta is "waterpark".. so they get quite the crowd anyways (and the raft ride always has a long line, as does the Bug's Bunny flume).

but yeah, I don't think they'd take the water ride out of that side of the park without replacing with a water coaster or something along those lines.