TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

I could be wrong, but I don't expect the mat racer to be relocated. Its quite old, not worth the cost of a move and reinstall, and I think all SF water parks have a mat racer.

We don't have one up here at Sfa. A mat racer is like the one thing we need for our water park to be well rounded.

I see. I didn't realize SFA didn't have a mat racer. I still would be surprised to see it relocated to SFA though. But, perhaps they will.

I could be wrong, but I don't expect the mat racer to be relocated. Its quite old, not worth the cost of a move and reinstall, and I think all SF water parks have a mat racer.

We don't have one up here at Sfa. A mat racer is like the one thing we need for our water park to be well rounded.

I see. I didn't realize SFA didn't have a mat racer. I still would be surprised to see it relocated to SFA though. But, perhaps they will.

I was told by the park, that this ride will not be relocated.

If everything works out I'll get to go to the park on Friday for HitP. If it's as good as last year's it definitely won't be the last time I go this year. I love the park and rides at this time of year. 40 degree IRat night rides with the park lit up beside you are a beautiful thing.

Iron Rattler's trains are by far the most comfortable of all the RMCs. The seats are nice and open and the restraints are snug without feeling restrictive, especially on the legs. Seatbelts are easy for the ride ops to check (not buried behind the bars) and the overall experience is just much better. Hard to say if they really ride better, but they certainly are butter smooth on IR and Texas Giant, and don't have all of the horrible noises that other RMCs make. I understand why RMC went to their own train design, but deep down I really wish they hadn't.

And I'm fairly confident that, if the 2013 NTAG accident hadn't happened, Gerstlauer trains would still be in use today on Iron Horse makeovers.

I'm pretty sure that this is the first time Gerstlauer trains on a non-Gerstlauer coaster haven't completely screwed it up, lets see here: The Boss, Twisted Twins, Mega Zeph.... yep, its a pattern. I can completely understand Six Flags's possible reason for not using them any more, but they are REALLY good

• 4 weeks later...

SFFT recently announced bringing VR to Scream. I really enjoyed the VR at both SFOT and SFFT. Adding this technology to a drop tower, really intrigues me. Drop towers themselves, intimidate me, so it will be interesting to see what it's like with VR goggles on.

I mean... on one hand, it's the dumbest thing ever. But the good news is that if they're smart they can just reserve certain towers for VR and the rest for non VR so wait times aren't a major issue. S&S towers usually have manageable waits anyway so while I have no interest in putting a phone over my face while on a ride where the view from the top is arguably the best part of the experience, I don't care so much if they keep the VR on certain towers and run the rest normally.

On a coaster: Real Life > VR.

My five cents.

I couldn't agree more, I think this whole VR on coasters fad is extremely stupid and I hope it dies out very soon. I still haven't ridden Revolution at SFMM since the makeover due to the ridiculous lines created by the slow VR loading.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone

Just booked a trip for my son and I to visit the park for 2 days the second week of June. We'll be here on a Thursday and Friday.

One of those days we want to spend primarily at the water park. Do you think Friday or Thursday would be better for that?

Also, how should we attack the park to maximize what we can get on? We plan on being at the park at opening both days.

Thanks for the help!

Hey everyone

Just booked a trip for my son and I to visit the park for 2 days the second week of June. We'll be here on a Thursday and Friday.

One of those days we want to spend primarily at the water park. Do you think Friday or Thursday would be better for that?

Also, how should we attack the park to maximize what we can get on? We plan on being at the park at opening both days.

Thanks for the help!

Okay so first let me answer your question about which day you should do the water park:

It depends on the crowd honestly. I would like to assume that the park may be less crowded Thursday, in that case, do the waterpark on Friday if you want to get on more dry rides than waterpark rides.

And I would say that the best way to work the park is to go from the back (Fiesta Bay Boardwalk section) to the front and ride Goliath last. But if you go from the Boardwalk to the front, there is a split off section where the paths branch and lead to different places, the way you go just depends apon what you want to ride first. But I would recommend you ride Batman: The Ride while on your way to the back of the park to begin, Because usually when the park first opens, you can get multiple rides in if you like.

I hope this helps!

• 4 weeks later...

I was at Fiesta Texas yesterday for the opening weekend. It's too bad that they've removed Hill Country Racer to make room for Thunder Rapids. The day opened with Batman, Roadrunner, and Bugs' White Water Rapids all down, but I think they were all working by mid afternoon. There was a 25th anniversary banner, but mostly the park was promoting the upcoming Mardia Gras celebration. I saw Elmer Fudd riding the train around the park, as a passenger, which I've never seen before.

Anyone know what these footers were installed for? See here, they're between the quarry wall used for the projection show and the viewing area for that show:

https://goo.gl/photos/mgWdvXXaE2N3UMrr5

(Photo taken from the bumper cars line.)

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/news/2017/03/14/unprecedented-additions-planned-for-six-flags-sa.html

“What we have planned for this year and the next few years is unprecedented for the park,” Siebert told me during an exclusive interview. “The past 25 years have been great, but there is no doubt that we are absolutely going to wow our guests with what we have planned for the future.”

“In 2018, 2019, 2020 and beyond, with the rides and attractions ... you will see a pattern that we are introducing more world’s firsts and America’s firsts. You will see more technology being debuted at Fiesta Texas,” Siebert said.

Let the speculation begin. What new concept rides are out that haven't been installed anywhere in the world or even in the US?

I got a survey from them yesterday all about the games.. and they asked about a couple of specific games, with options to answer such as "I've never seen something like this in a park before"

so maybe they are talking games, rather than rides?