TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Went to the park for a night ride on Iron Rattler today. It was about a 45 minute wait from the bottom of the switchbacks with only one train running, which is actually really, really good operations-wise.

Definitely worth the 2 hours if you include driving, waiting, and everything else involved. Iron Rattler in the middle rows at night is one of the most soothing experiences ever. Incredibly fun.

New Thunder Rapids Water Coaster Coming in 2017 to Six Flags Fiesta Texas

I think this is the Six Flags addition that i am looking forward to the most!! It looks like an awesome slide, and a while back I was just commenting on how I was jealous of anyone who got to ride one of these. . . Well, looks like 2017 will be the year my partner and I get to ride one!! I'm so excited. We are already planning our 2017 Texas Trip!!

• 1 month later...

Since we personally weren't able to come out for the Fright Fest media event that SFFT invited me to, we WERE able to stop by the park during our "Final Newsies" weekend to check out the event along with doing some filming for the park in the morning! Check out some of our pics and we'll have lots of video out there soon!

Ctsh8nwUsAEF-i0.jpg

Ctsh8ntUMAAlAwy.jpg

Stopping by @SF_FiestaTexas for a couple of hours! Of course the Fright Fest monsters are having a "blood drive!"

CtsnHkZVYAAwf03.jpg

CtsnHkbUAAAmFpa.jpg

Some of the @SF_FiestaTexas Fright Fest theming! We will be back tonight to check out the event after dark!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

Cts5_8PUMAAazDu.jpg

Cts5_XRVUAA0YAV.jpg

Cts5_g5UkAACoMK.jpg

Just got in a ride on Iron Rattler! Still one of the top steel coasters in the country!

Ctu-e1_VUAArje0.jpg

The streets look at bit different at night during @SF_FiestaTexas Fright Fest!

Ctu_zdaVUAAvDJL.jpg

The "spooky train" brings the monsters into the park for Fright Fest!

CtvATQLUIAAKrwX.jpg

CtvATQKUIAABq2j.jpg

CtvATQLUsAAV7xS.jpg

CtvATQKUMAAs9iK.jpg

Here's a look at some of the frights @SF_FiestaTexas "Fright Fest!"

CtvCEY8VYAAlIW3.jpg

Everyone loves a park covered in fog!

CtvEksGVUAAmXcj.jpg

Just one of five haunted houses to scare you @SF_FiestaTexas Fright Fest!

CtvFsW2VMAIFRxR.jpg

The effects being used around the park look GREAT!!!

CtvG14nUMAMjrEw.jpg

Roller Coasters in the dark! My favorite!

CtvKvv_UsAAtzQp.jpg

CtvKxCoUEAAc6C3.jpg

CtvKxCrUEAADZ70.jpg

CtvKxCrUEAADZ70.jpg

Checking out one of the scare zones tonight!

CtvK6yBVMAElMzi.jpg

One of the new haunted houses @SF_FiestaTexas #FrightFest this year! Great scares and good theming! Be sure to check it out!

CtvLyjKUMAAu_wM.jpg

Parks at night are great. Parks at night during Halloween are **AWESOME!!!***

Next day I went back in to do some filming....

Ctx2lGoUMAA3oD_.jpg

Ctx2lGuUMAA-QXa.jpg

Ctx2lGrUMAE_V9u.jpg

My office this morning looked something like this!

Ctx5YanVMAAdBG6.jpg

Awesome shot this morning from our Iron Rattler shoot!

And here is some of the videos we shot. More still coming soon!

Huge thanks to Jeffrey Siebert & Jeff Filicko for all the hospitality during our visit! Thank you guys!

Even though I'm at SFSL, I really love seeing pictures and hearing about SFFT. It's a beautiful park that seems to have great management. Our park'a long-time marketing director, Ron McKenzie, is moving down there to take Jeffrey's spot since he was promoted. From what I've heard about Jeffrey and what I know about Ron, that'll be one of the best President/DirOfMarketing teams around. In a lot of ways, SFFT is a bit of what I aspire SFSL to be someday, as things continue to get fixed & improved each year.

By the way, the projection show on the quarry wall and what looks like projection mapping being used on a building are freakin sweet. Projection mapping is really a game changer for theme park night entertainment, so I hope to see it used more and more at SF parks.

Thanks for the great photos and videos, Robb! I love the "this is what my office looks like today" pic & caption. I love seeing other people who have such passion for the hard work that park management teams put in in order to create a great Guest experience. Even better, you couple that passion with hard work yourself to bring us updates and keep the forums on track when needed (seriously, thanks for that).

Anyone visiting the park this weekend?

Can anyone tell me what the crowds are like at SFFT this time of year?

Thanks guys!

Far as I'm concerned! Saturdays are someties crowded, & Sundays shouldn't be that very bad! But here are my few pictures of going to SFFT on october 8 2016 ! My phone is very cheap, & crappy, & died on me! So sorry for not getting any good pictures of SFFT!

1008161119-04.thumb.jpg.516e99c93e68672a9cc354510b933f8e.jpg

1008161122-03.thumb.jpg.68654c7a610d4f18c8d818d28358adb8.jpg

1008161123-01.thumb.jpg.4052ecbe687bbf7d395bd948e5aac016.jpg

1008161135-00.thumb.jpg.17ddaca5e8c2a275c1ba440a86484f1a.jpg

1008161136-00.thumb.jpg.b2b360a17dfd95cd8d1bbeb33a74d6f7.jpg

1008161136-01.thumb.jpg.5a37fad2ed46bdffa169098ab1ae3c1c.jpg

1008161136-02.thumb.jpg.3db46d1a414db5e25b1c8fd2626162b7.jpg

1008161139-00.thumb.jpg.86f68502b524b78d919a4c9769102b32.jpg

1008161155-00.thumb.jpg.0fdce2cc86f7cccf6afc1a9c98158551.jpg

1008161159-00.thumb.jpg.106ba8e08d9fd5dc174735587bc067d0.jpg

My wife and I were at the park for our first time this afternoon. We were really really impressed by the theming, landscaping, attention to detail, and overall atmosphere. It was quite a charming park, up there with Six Flags Mexico in that regard.

Iron Rattler was really great too. We enjoyed it quite a bit. The first drop was amazing in the back, but the barrel roll was super cool in the front. It was a little weak compared to some of their finest (Medusa, Lightning Rod, Outlaw Run), but super enjoyable, and far from their least impressive. We'll ride New Texas Giant tomorrow to properly compare. Superman Krypton would be great if so many other B&Ms didn't feel so similar. It was definitely in the mid-upper B&M echelon though.

Our first two hours in the park were great and we got 6 or so rides in, but the park got slammed by mid-afternoon. After an hour wait for the boomerang, we finished on Goliath and aborted around 4:20, having ridden everything at least once (and Iron Rattler twice), and starting to feel overwhelmed by the crowds. As such, we didn't get to see any of the fright fest stuff, but we really enjoyed our time there.

Iron Rattler's trains are by far the most comfortable of all the RMCs. The seats are nice and open and the restraints are snug without feeling restrictive, especially on the legs. Seatbelts are easy for the ride ops to check (not buried behind the bars) and the overall experience is just much better. Hard to say if they really ride better, but they certainly are butter smooth on IR and Texas Giant, and don't have all of the horrible noises that other RMCs make. I understand why RMC went to their own train design, but deep down I really wish they hadn't.

Iron Rattler's trains are by far the most comfortable of all the RMCs. The seats are nice and open and the restraints are snug without feeling restrictive, especially on the legs. Seatbelts are easy for the ride ops to check (not buried behind the bars) and the overall experience is just much better. Hard to say if they really ride better, but they certainly are butter smooth on IR and Texas Giant, and don't have all of the horrible noises that other RMCs make. I understand why RMC went to their own train design, but deep down I really wish they hadn't.

And I'm fairly confident that, if the 2013 NTAG accident hadn't happened, Gerstlauer trains would still be in use today on Iron Horse makeovers.

And I'm fairly confident that, if the 2013 NTAG accident hadn't happened, Gerstlauer trains would still be in use today on Iron Horse makeovers.

I've been curious about that

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think that's the case - I just don't think RMC was ready to produce four trains plus a completely original design (Outlaw Run) in 2013, so that work was done by an outside company. Topper track alone took four years to develop, and they didn't move to a bigger factory until a few years in - they definitely had their hands full.

• 3 weeks later...
I could be wrong, but I don't expect the mat racer to be relocated. Its quite old, not worth the cost of a move and reinstall, and I think all SF water parks have a mat racer.

We don't have one up here at Sfa. A mat racer is like the one thing we need for our water park to be well rounded.