TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

This is honestly pretty hype. Anything in the vein of Wildebeest and Dragon's Revenge/Master Blaster is good in my book, and it looks like it'll be one of the better ones out there too. Between this and the Six Chute/Mineshaft complex the waterpark is definitely going to be somewhere I spend more time in 2017 than I did this past season.

I don't think the full layout is shown in the video. It still won't be the shortest in the area though, Mad Raft @ ZDT's is still a thing.

Either way it will definitely fit in the waterpark well and probably be one of the better slides there.

How is this coaster a "first"? There are other water-jet propelled water coasters out there. I'm not aware of any that have a continuously moving platform for loading, though. Between that and the three person raft, I'm cautiously optimistic that lines for this thing won't be any worse than all the other water slides (which are bad enough already). It's a good addition.

They're also adding a parade in March and April. I'm all for entertainment in the streets, but that's such a short period, how are they going to recoup costs on it?

How is this coaster a "first"? There are other water-jet propelled water coasters out there. I'm not aware of any that have a continuously moving platform for loading, though. Between that and the three person raft, I'm cautiously optimistic that lines for this thing won't be any worse than all the other water slides (which are bad enough already). It's a good addition.

They're also adding a parade in March and April. I'm all for entertainment in the streets, but that's such a short period, how are they going to recoup costs on it?

Pretty sure this model uses electromagnetic launches. Also the tighter turns.

We are also doing a Six Flags Themed TPR Bag-O-Crap Twitter give-away! See our Twitter feed for details on how to be entered to win this cool Six Flags stuff including a couple of those giant park "wall maps!" Continue to RT our tweets from later today to be entered for a better chance to win! Winner will be picked later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Click:

[twitter]

[/twitter]

CrSdak1VYAAlB1X.jpg

CrSda3yUAAAVJeQ.jpg

CrSdak3VMAAK2HI.jpg

Pretty sure this model uses electromagnetic launches. Also the tighter turns.
I don't know, looks like it might be the new Proslide RocketBlast model that uses the water propulsion, either way it looks like a really cool slide.

NERD ALERT - So, this is the second or third ProSlide Rocket Blast installation, but I think it's the first in the United States. The propulsion is similar to the original Master Blasters in that it uses sequential water jets on either side of the uphill sections. The rafts themselves also have kind of cup-like pockets for the water to push against. The slides also use a sensor system to turn the jets on and off. As for the "saucer" sections, I would guess that they carefully adjust the radii of the turns to make sure the rafts experience the same amount of positive Gs as they go around the entire turn.

NERD ALERT - So, this is the second or third ProSlide Rocket Blast installation, but I think it's the first in the United States. The propulsion is similar to the original Master Blasters in that it uses sequential water jets on either side of the uphill sections. The rafts themselves also have kind of cup-like pockets for the water to push against. The slides also use a sensor system to turn the jets on and off. As for the "saucer" sections, I would guess that they carefully adjust the radii of the turns to make sure the rafts experience the same amount of positive Gs as they go around the entire turn.

Appreciate the details on this - very cool looking stuff, and very different than the other blasters & water coasters I've been on. The saucers look awesome, here's hoping they ride well too!

So I think the new water coaster is going to be a great fit for the waterpark. Even though I don't typically go to the waterpark, I've seen how busy it gets. I'll definitely go next year to try it.

But I was also excited about this announcement -

"Six Flags Fiesta Texas has named marketing director Jeffrey Siebert as its new park president and announced a new attraction for 2017, the company said Thursday."

If you know Jeffrey Siebert, you know it's well deserved.

Fiesta Texas announces new water ride, names new park president