TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

I misinterpreted some of the initial clues. When I saw photos from those heights, combined with questions about how fast does it take to get from point A to point B (I don't remember the actual rides they used), my mind went to transport ride.

You see, THIS is exactly why I don't participate in speculation! People see just how much of an idiot I actually am!

All the clues are world's firsts. First vertical loop, first invert, first 4D and 4D Free Spin, first mine train.

My bet is still on a Mack Power Splash. Despite there already is one at Walibi Belgium, this would still be a first for North America, and maybe will have a unique element to it. At this point, I'm really expecting any larger scale coaster or water ride.

^Yeah but, this is Six Flags we're talking about here! It will be the worlds first Giga-Mine-Train-Coaster to run BACKWARDS WITH VIRTUAL REALITY!!!

But in all seriousness, I am so confused this time... Hey doesn't Six Flags create the new ride webpages a about a day early and you can kinda find the new ride names by finding the URL to the new ride page for each park?

Edited by Ducky dude

I don't have any Photoshop skills to post a picture of this area, but look on the satellite view of the park, and you'll see a wide open area of land at the base of the cliffs, back between The Gully Washer, and their Star Flyer. There's water there as well, and a clear patch of land that stretches to in front of the Lone Star Lil's Amphitheater. There's a place something can dive off the cliff there as well, either to the West of the waterfalls, or a little towards the East. And isn't that where one of the pictures teasing the new attraction was taken from, where the Fireworks are shot off from?

It seems a Dive/Water coaster off the cliffs there would be a bit of a first, and a pretty exciting addition, eh?

Based on the clues, I'm worried about losing the train ride (if they're reusing the tunnel for something else) or losing the fireworks show (due to the quarry wall being blocked). I don't think they'd do either because they're so popular, but who knows- they're probably the most expensive attractions to operate, too.

I was wondering if a Power Splash could go through the quarry wall (a tunnel parallel to the existing one) and have its vertical sections far enough apart or to one side that it wouldn't block the fireworks show projections. It'd have one 45 meter tall section of track on either side of that quarry wall peninsula that sticks out. It seems possible but likely cost prohibitive.

As always, I'm hoping for a wooden coaster despite no clues indicating this! One more day to find out!

Edited by stretchsje

SFFT will never have a giga coaster because it is in the approach path for San Antonio Airport. I think someone once wrote here that their height ceiling is 200ft above the quarry floor, which is only about 120ft above the surrounding area. This is especially silly because the resorts and homes up on the nearby hill are much taller than that.

Man! SFFT is sure causing a lot of limbs to sprout up! Why do I have this sneaking suspicion that they're going to be bringing out a tree trimmer tomorrow...

(Honestly, with how lackluster most park announcements have been this year in regard to coasters, people are probably just making like Leia with R2D2, and saying "Help us SFFT! You're our only hope!" )

I still think that clue that was posted on top of the quarry is for a new firework show celebrating the 25th anniversary.

I doubt they would build something in that photogenic area that would eliminate the nighttime show AND the waterfalls.

Not getting my hopes up too much!

I still think that clue that was posted on top of the quarry is for a new firework show celebrating the 25th anniversary.

I doubt they would build something in that photogenic area that would eliminate the nighttime show AND the waterfalls.

How would they be able to shoot fireworks off up there without accidentally shooting one into the giga or T rex track and damaging it? Please try to follow along.

How would they be able to shoot fireworks off up there without accidentally shooting one into the giga or T rex track and damaging it? Please try to follow along.

Because clearly that T-Rex track is indestructible!

New Thunder Rapids Water Coaster Coming in 2017 to Six Flags Fiesta Texas

America’s First Rocket Blast Water Coaster

SAN ANTONIO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Get ready to ride the power of a storm! In celebration of Six Flags Fiesta Texas’ 25th Anniversary in 2017, The Thrill Capital of South Texas today announced another innovative and thrilling first—America’s first rocket blast water coaster—Thunder Rapids.

This state-of-the-art water attraction features a custom-designed inline raft and utilizes new water jet propulsion technology for lightning-fast uphill speeds and adrenaline-pumping drops. This thrilling water coaster will be positioned in White Water Bay, Fiesta Texas’ FREE water park (included with admission).

“This ride is unlike any water coaster in Texas or the U.S.,” said Park President Jeffrey Siebert. “Over the last few years, we’ve debuted a number of ‘world’s first’ coasters, solidifying our position as the premier destination for thrills in South Texas. Thunder Rapids is the perfect complement to the other offerings in our huge water park—combining the attributes of a roller coaster and water slide in one amazing attraction.”Thunder Rapids features:

- Five gravity-defying uphill blasts;

- Four spiraling flying saucer turns;

- One breathtaking enclosed dive turn;

- A specially designed moving loading station;

- A huge ride-up lift; and

- An incredible 942-ft. long and 3-story-tall structure.

The ride also features an advanced loading system that allows guests to quickly and easily board their water ride vehicle at ground level from a moving station. Guests then ride up the lift hill to the top of the slide – eliminating the need to carry tubes.

Also on tap for 2017, a colorful, new Mardi Gras Festival, featuring eight authentic parade floats artfully created by one of the world-renowned New Orleans float designers, Kern Studios. This delightfully visual event will be presented twice daily every operating day along park streets from March 24 through April 30. To enhance the party atmosphere, Mardi Gras themed food, merchandise and park décor will be prominent through the park during this festive timeframe. As a tribute to the seasonal events at Fiesta Texas, several floats will feature a salute to the seasons, including Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park.

image.jpeg.753eb15ff80af78ec13208f19a926a5c.jpeg

ThunderRapidsKeyArt.thumb.jpg.c091728b74956c5b8c78d28949b0e7f8.jpg

ThunderRapids_Infographic_600dpi.thumb.jpg.300125fb13105c268bb6c49c69791220.jpg

ThunderRapids02_600dpi_11x17_withLogo.thumb.jpg.612f096662b5a53ba700b804270dd7f4.jpg

FLAGS_MardiGras_KA__B.thumb.jpg.043c091e326632d29c20c59d20fdcf24.jpg

Edited by robbalvey