TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

probably a new Waterpark addition. . something Tsunami themed?

Tsunami soaker.

I was thinking Waterpark..but yeah, I'll bet you're correct.

and Six Flags already has a Tsunami Soaker branded.. so I can see this dropping in over by where Chaos! used to be (AmericagoRound carousel is there now).

[youtu_be]https://youtu.be/mED8dw92h1E[/youtu_be]

I'm gonna say that these signs are pointing to a Mack Power Splash. All the mentions of water rides, and now they show Poltergeist, which is a launch coaster. It was rumored that SF was going to put one of those in the Dubai park as well. So there's the long rumored water coaster.

I was thinking a dive coaster with a splash, but you might be right! A Mack Power Splash seems to be a good fit for FT

Hurricane

Tornado

Twister

Tsunami? Typhoon?

I think a flat ride like the Tsunami Soaker or whatever the heck is called would fit nicely at SFFT.

Those Tsunami Soaker rides are a great idea and a ton of fun. I wish every park in the chain would get one to be honest.

This is going to be way out in left field, but f**k it, I don't participate much in speculation and I like working with clues.

I think a transport ride is being added. Like a sky ride or something.

I know that sounds farfetched, but that's what I'm thinking.

I agree with coasterbill, that whatever it is, will be "storm" themed! I think a B&M Dive Coaster was made to drop off those cliffs someday, but I'm not sure I think that's what this is, as cool as it would be...

That's an amazing idea but I don't see a B&M ever fitting in to the current Six Flags model. Giving every park a new ride every year is great in theory but they end up spreading themselves pretty thin.

Even a cheaper alternative like an El Loco or Eurofighter type ride would be awesome though.

SF still buys B&M even though X-flight was the last one it is still not out of the question for SF to install one at one of their parks

Of course it's not out of the question but it's unlikely at this point as it would require a larger investment than they seem to want to put into any one park at any one time with their spending habits. Things can always change, but if I had to bet on it I wouldn't bet on a B&M.

wouldn't bother me if they built an mack dive coaster as long as the classics don't get taken out just like at six flags great adventure, but my guess would be an b&m dive machine or a hyper, & also they need a coaster with no inversions since they remade the rattler into iron rattler!

I agree that B&M seems like it's out of Six Flags' price range currently, given how they're operating in recent years. I do wonder, however, how much cheaper one of those new Mack Dive Coasters is than a B&M? That would be a great addition on the cliffs as well!

Getting back to the current SF model of operation, I know the lack of large coasters across the chain as of late might be annoying to some, but honestly, I think I'd rather have virtually every park get decent mid-range attractions, including some smaller coasters (I consider S&S Free Flys coasters at least), and fun interactive Dark Rides themed to Superheroes, than have only the top tier parks get big coasters, and everybody else gets old flats, kiddeland expansions, or nothing at all. We all know what the latter business model looks like across a park chain quite well!

I agree that B&M seems like it's out of Six Flags' price range currently, given how they're operating in recent years. I do wonder, however, how much cheaper one of those new Mack Dive Coasters is than a B&M? That would be a great addition on the cliffs as well!

Getting back to the current SF model of operation, I know the lack of large coasters across the chain as of late might be annoying to some, but honestly, I think I'd rather have virtually every park get decent mid-range attractions, including some smaller coasters (I consider S&S Free Flys coasters at least), and fun interactive Dark Rides themed to Superheroes, than have only the top tier parks get big coasters, and everybody else gets old flats, kiddeland expansions, or nothing at all. We all know what the latter business model looks like across a park chain quite well!

I'm torn. I actually do like Cedar Fair's method better, but I also said that if Great Adventure got Holiday in the Park I wouldn't complain about anything Six Flags did for a decade. They have 9 years left on their free pass so I'll keep my mouth shut.

Being somebody who goes to the best Cedar Fair park in the chain every year, and considers it my "home park", it's not really an issue that affects me, since I always know CP is, and will be, well taken care of. But I would prefer seeing at least moderately exciting DRY attractions regularly added to lesser parks like Michigan's Adventure, like the SF model. Of course, Great Escape is kind of the "MiA" of SF, so perhaps every chain has to have THAT park!

as someone opined a few pages back, I too, would love if Fiesta would install a skyride from where Gullywasher is (or where Wagon Wheel used to be) over to near the boardwalk entrance (as long as they wouldn't remove Hustler to do it).

I don't think this would ever happen (the big arena theater, and Batman would probably be in the way now). . but how great would it be to have a skyride from one side of the park to the other?

I'll be totally honest about the fact that I don't know what we're getting and that anything I suggest will probably be unlikely, but a Power Splash or Mack dive type ride (especially replacing Power Surge) would be absolutely amazing.

So there were markers on top of the quarry in relation to 2017, right? This spot was right where they do the nighttime show, yeah? Why isn't everybody simply expecting some type of improvement to that show? Just my thoughts...

That spot seems awfully strange for a coaster/any other ride anyway.