TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Hit up the water park today to get some variety. About half the slides were meh but I did finally fill up my top ten waterslides with actually awesome rides now. First off, we went to the Texas Tumbler which is a fun little family raft ride. My favorite part of that ride is definitely the terrain usage as it basically stays around ground level for large portions of the ride. Next stop were the helix of death Whirlpool slide and Big Bender. Whirlpool's giant curved drop into a helix of death is very fun and Big Bender is nice but a little stuffy. Next stop was going to be Blowout and Twister, but I got a nice smack to the head midride on Twister so we skipped Blowout. Twister is designed for some very short people. Ouch. Next stop was Six Chuter which we had absolutely no expectations for. Wow. That thing is incredibly forceful. Banking is insane and even with a light weight between me and my buddy we ended up getting 90+ degrees on some of the turns. Next was Mineshaft which turned out to be even better. Take the forcefulness of Six Chuter and put it indoors, you get a huge sensation of speed plus it has some ridiculous airtime. Almost beat Wildebeest. Wow. Next we went to the Hill Country "fake airtime triple down" Racers. Still fun because you're racing but not anywhere near the insane airtime of Double Down Racers @ Schlitterbahn or especially Viper's Tail @ ZDT's.

I can finally have a top ten water slides list and not a top seven (because I had been on more than ten but a bunch of them were lame)

Lets not forget we have our 25th annv. Next year could we get a coaster we could but i think it will be a celbration of 25 seasons of Past rides shows new firework show wgo know but i think its gonns be great hopefully we get more clues this week come on #SFFT2017

• 3 weeks later...
Lets not forget we have our 25th annv. Next year could we get a coaster we could but i think it will be a celbration of 25 seasons of Past rides shows new firework show wgo know but i think its gonns be great hopefully we get more clues this week come on #SFFT2017

I wouldn't rely on the fact that it is an anniversary as a sign of anything big.

Visited the park for the first time on 7/29

Wasn't too crowded, the longest I think we waited was 30 mins for Poltergeist which was running one train. Love the layout of the park, the setting next to the rocks is incredibly unique. Also love the pathways with traffic lights and paved roads.

Batman was the first ride and we were both pleasantly surprised by it. A lot more intense than I was expecting, and every single ride was so different from the other. I find it interesting people complain about the length, I think it's a perfect length..any longer and you'd have guests complaining I'm sure. The ride is way too intense to be 4000ft long lol

Iron Rattler was amazing as expected, great airtime and it felt the fastest overall out of the RMC coasters I've patroned. That being said I actually preferred a few other RMCs over it. That's not saying much though because each one of them is amazing. The crew was probably THEE fastest I've seen at ANY Six Flags park. One train was already up the lift before the other hit the brake run. Awesome operations.

Got our credit on Pandemonium, nothing different from any of the other versions of this ride.

Goliath was my first mirror-image Batman clone, it definitely felt awkward doing all the elements in the reverse direction. Still fun, still intense though.

Road Runner Express was a fun ride, very fast for a mine train, caught me a bit of guard. Fun nonetheless

Superman Krypton Coaster FAR exceeded my expectations, so much different than all the other floorless coasters I've ridden. So good it replaces Bizarro as my #1 floorless coaster. We ended up riding without the VR because we didn't know that there was a 3:30-5:30 period where they don't operate with VR. We came back at 5:30 and the line was crawling so we skipped VR and got more laps on Batman.

Bugs Bunny White Water Rapids was the biggest mistake of the day. I usually don't do water rides because I'm not a fan of getting my clothes/shoes wet but my friend convinced me to go. For some reason our boat kept flooding with water so my shoes and socks were completely soaked much to my dismay. However the ride was decent, loved the castle queue.

Poltergeist-Nothing different from when I rode Joker's Jinx except Poltergeist makes considerably less noise, which is to my dismay because I love the sound the older Premier launchers make, so loud and imposing. They had one train ops, which was probably the only negative thing I can say about the entire park.

Fun day in San Antonio, we've been wanting to do the Texas parks for a while and glad we finally did. Here's a link to my SFOT trip report if you're interested

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20355&start=8150

Haven't seen this reported here, but this is an AMAZING deal (I think it might only be local here in Austin for the Fiesta Tx park tho):

They have been advertising for 2 weeks in our local Weekly paper (the Austin Chronicle):

for $70 you get 4 tickets to Fiesta Texas, AND a $40 IHOP gift card (so basically, for ~$7 each, a ticket to Fiesta Tx).

^ At the bottom of that ad, it looks like the bots that you shoot at on JLBFM. Hidden clue maybe?

that's just one I found online (and seems to be for Laredo, Tx. . so they must be running in a couple of Texas cities).

the ones in the paper, actually have at the bottom of the page, the logos for the "FOUR NEW RIDES!" - Hurricane Force 5, Spinsanity, Fireball, and Superman: Krypton Coaster VR

So I think those are actually the bots you shoot at on the VR coaster.

^ At the bottom of that ad, it looks like the bots that you shoot at on JLBFM. Hidden clue maybe?

that's just one I found online (and seems to be for Laredo, Tx. . so they must be running in a couple of Texas cities).

the ones in the paper, actually have at the bottom of the page, the logos for the "FOUR NEW RIDES!" - Hurricane Force 5, Spinsanity, Fireball, and Superman: Krypton Coaster VR

So I think those are actually the bots you shoot at on the VR coaster.

^ yeah I doubt we're getting a JL for 2017. Although ever since this year's additions Scooby's line has taken a huge hit so it's possible.

• 2 weeks later...

^You have to pay for haunts at all Six Flags parks prior to this announcement. It appears only Fiesta Texas is making them free, and not the other parks in the chain.

I would've never expected this from Six Flags, but of all the parks, Fiesta Texas is definitely a stand out in terms of efficiencies and it is nice to see them step away from the normal "we charge extra for everything" model that the rest of the chain follows.

I just wonder how this will affect lines for haunts. Sure, everyone loves free, but there is a balance between cost and crowds and honestly if charging a fee for a haunt pass keeps the lines from being unbearable, I am all for it. If Fiesta Texas has the capacity to make all haunts free though, that is awesome and certainly not something I would expect from any Six Flags park.

It sounds to me like those photos are teasing a Dive Machine for 2017. Personally, I wouldn't complain if SFFT gets one, I've always felt it would fit in great with the rest of the park's lineup (especially if they do a midcourse vertical drop down the walls of the quarry, that'd be pretty awesome).

I did some youtube comment section research on video's trying to predict new rides, and yeah, I know the youtube comments section is the toilet of the internet, but try to bear with me...

Someone in the comments said that she was a ride op who has some sort of connection (how strong of one, I have no idea) with the marketing team, and she said we were supposed to get a water park ride this year, I believe she said something about a water coaster.

But something is off, if it was a waterpark addition, why would Jeffery post pics of survey markers on the quarry walls? Maybe those markers have something to do with a 25th anniversary nighttime show, and that post about the 4 rides with names relating to water could be a hint at the fact that this new ride has some major feature that deals with water...