TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

i heard a rumor about pandemonium will be taken out in 2017, or 2018, & will build an gci, or gravity group wooden coaster, but still they have space over there! but i hope pandemonium will stay!

Well it looked like there was a pandemonium coaster on that picture of Six Flags Dubailand. I hardly doubt they'll build a new one, so maybe it'll be SFFT's coaster that goes over there and SFFT maybe will get a brand new shiny coaster to replace it.

I did Google "Six Flags Dubailand" and looked at a picture of a proposed map and didn't see any coaster that has a similar layout to Pandemonium, but I did see a coaster that was red and black on there.

i heard a rumor about pandemonium will be taken out in 2017, or 2018, & will build an gci, or gravity group wooden coaster, but still they have space over there! but i hope pandemonium will stay!

Well it looked like there was a pandemonium coaster on that picture of Six Flags Dubailand. I hardly doubt they'll build a new one, so maybe it'll be SFFT's coaster that goes over there and SFFT maybe will get a brand new shiny coaster to replace it.

I did Google "Six Flags Dubailand" and looked at a picture of a proposed map and didn't see any coaster that has a similar layout to Pandemonium, but I did see a coaster that was red and black on there.

To the left of Sky Screamer is a coaster with Pandemonium's layout

thumb_project_052-09-870x485.jpg.5f38e7db77e047da14271af3dec457f3.jpg

if they do take it out i really hope theyll put in a new coaster there! i sure miss jokers revenge! wish that was still there!

Joker's Revenge?!! Are you serious?! That was a Vekoma Windstorm, backwards no less! I rode that thing back when it was new. I remember it being terrible at best and absolute shit at worst. Most coaster enthusiasts back then hated that ride.

You guys do realize there's a reason that area is piered up right? Floodplain.

To emulate the boardwalk effect?

Well, that's what I thought as well.

if they do take it out i really hope theyll put in a new coaster there! i sure miss jokers revenge! wish that was still there!

Joker's Revenge?!! Are you serious?! That was a Vekoma Windstorm, backwards no less! I rode that thing back when it was new. I remember it being terrible at best and absolute poo-poo at worst. Most coaster enthusiasts back then hated that ride.

When it was moved to Six Flags New Orleans did it continue to run backwards, or did they turn it forwards?

Today was weird. Around park opening only half of the park was open due to power outages, but we got there at 12 in hopes that the waterpark would steal some of the Memorial Day crowds. So everyone was stuck in the front half. Iron Rattler was around a 45 minute wait, Roadrunner probably half an hour, I don't want to know how long the line was for Boomerang or Goliath, but both of them seemed very busy as well (which makes sense because everything in the middle of the park back was closed and there were ropes. Crowds seemed super heavy. Iron Rattler was running great, not any better or worse than normal. Lots of ejector air and crazy fun stuff as always. The last drop off the cliff in the back is the best single moment of airtime I've experienced so far. Super long sustained ejector. It's great. Roadrunner was having weird issues when we were in line for IRat, like getting stuck on the lift hill for 5 minutes. By the time we were done on Iron Rattler, Roadrunner had closed and run 6 or so empty trains. When we got off, the line for Roadrunner had just opened so we went to check it out. The lift hill has been weird this season. Instead of a constant pace, it sort of chugs its way up (which is new, it didn't do this last season). About halfway up it starts getting sort of normal and by the time you're at the top the lift hill is a normal lift hill. This ride is actually the second best coaster in the park for airtime. Both lift hill drops and the first airtime hill are super out of control. After we got off Roadrunner we went to go see if Goliath's line had died down... and it broke down so they kicked everyone out of line. RIP. So we went and ate some decent barbecue at the Crackaxle Canyon Old Blue's or whatever it's called. The meat here is actually really good (despite being overpriced) and this is pretty much the only place in the park worth eating at (unless you're into Asian food, then there's Panda Express). Right as we finished eating the park came over the PA and announced that they had gotten the Boardwalk running, so we headed over there. For some reason the lines really didn't pick up here until after we had gotten 3 or 4 rides on Scooby Doo and 4 rides on Pandemonium and even then it wasn't too bad. Fireball and Spinsanity were running but HF5 wasn't (which is OK because I rode it on Friday night). Superman was down all day and I saw some maintenance workers over in that area. To finish out we went and got two more rides on Iron Rattler. For some reason, the line had died down to 20-30 minutes the first ride, and by the time I got around the second time it was a station wait.

So yeah all placements are still solid and the park is still fun.

• 5 weeks later...

TWCN Austin (our local 24 hour news station) is running a report on the VR being installed at Fiesta Texas.

on the one hand, it's very cool that they have keyed it specifically to the themeing (it's a fight between Superman and Luthor per the screen shots they showed).. .but on the other hand, I HATE that they put VR on Superman, since that's one of the best rides in the park, and a big reason is the beautiful way the coaster interacts with the cliffs walls.

oh well.

they do make a point about how they can easily switch out the VR, so the story can change to update within a day to keep it "fresh"

How does S: KC compare with kumba in terms of intensity?

I haven't been on Kumba (remedying that in about a week tho!).. but the way S:KC plays with the canyon walls? (the first drop is a dive off the top!) is hard to beat, I can't imagine putting on a headset and missing that!

How does S: KC compare with kumba in terms of intensity?

The inversions aren't as strong in terms of force (just going off what I've heard) but the ride is really great in terms of terrain interaction and general fun.

I can't imagine putting on a headset and missing that!

I tried the VR on Superman, and luckily unlike other SF parks the dispatch times were actually not totally awful. Averaged 2.5 minutes which definitely isn't great but better than 7 whatever they're getting at SFNE. I think I prefer the ride without it but the VR is fun and uses fake buildings in place of the cliff, so it's actually sort of cool. Graphics are pretty lame but it was a unique experience and pretty fun.