TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

IRat usually has a ~20 minute line, Batman is unpredictable and could be up to an hour and a half (or more with breakdowns), and Superman is a walk-on to 15 minutes as long you aren't going on a weekend/BAFF day. Fridays are a little unpredictable and can either be a huge hit or a huge miss. These times are average from everytime I've been (20+ this season)

You won't know about single train operations till the day of. I would have swore they would have been using two train operations when I was there about a month ago and they only used one for some coasters for the first couple hours. If you are that worried save money up for a Flash Pass. You can only use the Platinum Flash Pass for unlimited rides on Batman with no wait and you can pay $10 extra for the Gold Flash Pass to get one ride on Batman minus the line.

IRat usually has a ~20 minute line, Batman is unpredictable and could be up to an hour and a half (or more with breakdowns), and Superman is a walk-on to 15 minutes as long you aren't going on a weekend/BAFF day. Fridays are a little unpredictable and can either be a huge hit or a huge miss. These times are average from everytime I've been (20+ this season)

Are there any single rider lines on Batman or Iron Rattler?

Usually 2+, just depends.

You won't know about single train operations till the day of. I would have swore they would have been using two train operations when I was there about a month ago and they only used one for some coasters for the first couple hours. If you are that worried save money up for a Flash Pass. You can only use the Platinum Flash Pass for unlimited rides on Batman with no wait and you can pay $10 extra for the Gold Flash Pass to get one ride on Batman minus the line.

Thank you for the info. I figured that 2+ train operation during the summer is the norm, but I just wanted to make sure...I don't like 1 train surprises. I've already got a Platinum Flash Pass budgeted into my visit, so I'm prepared to get one if the lines are too long for my tastes. I figure that it's safe to say that they won't be selling out on a Thursday, so I'll just wait until I get there to decide whether or not to purchase one. Thanks again.

clue again what could it be, a boardwalk expansion or A Retheme of a ride??? Man Fiesta Texas is the best marketing team..

the recording at the number says they will be offering "HUGE UPGRADES" with "GORGEOUS PANORAMIC VIEWS FROM ALL ANGLES"

hmmm. . . it's not a drop tower, or a skyscreamer. . . but it's got to be something tall.

whatever it is, I'm hoping it's in addition to the Larson Loop

clue again what could it be, a boardwalk expansion or A Retheme of a ride??? Man Fiesta Texas is the best marketing team..

the recording at the number says they will be offering "HUGE UPGRADES" with "GORGEOUS PANORAMIC VIEWS FROM ALL ANGLES"

hmmm. . . it's not a drop tower, or a skyscreamer. . . but it's got to be something tall.

whatever it is, I'm hoping it's in addition to the Larson Loop

P

Huh, I don't see a Larson Loop anymore... (gasp) Huss's new version of the enterprise perhaps?

I thought the rumor of the day was that Zamperla was creating an Air Race style ride that would lift people in to the air up on a tower, as well as spin them around. That would make for some awesome views. And I love the Air Race rides. They would be awesome 50-100 feet in the air.

I thought the rumor of the day was that Zamperla was creating an Air Race style ride that would lift people in to the air up on a tower, as well as spin them around. That would make for some awesome views. And I love the Air Race rides. They would be awesome 50-100 feet in the air.

my favorite ride at SFoT was the Intamin Air Race, I was so upset when they pulled it out for the Superman Tower of Power, and I still miss it terribly

I just visited for my first time last Thursday. I loved the park. I thought it was charming, nicely themed, had a great coaster collection, and had a great backdrop of the sheer quarry cliffs. I focused on the roller coasters (as I usually do) and was not disappointed. I rode all the coasters (except for the kiddie variety) once, with the exceptions of Batman (2x) and Iron Rattler (18x).

I started the day keeping in the front of the running of the bulls for Batman. I really enjoyed it. It reminded me of Green Lantern at SFMM, except that the seats actually spun, and it didn't leave me in pain. By the time I got off, there was a significant line, so I went around the park trying out the other coasters. I enjoyed Superman, especially the way it interacts with the cliff. Poltergeist was surprisingly fun. I would have enjoyed another ride on it, but it didn't open until much later in the day, and I was lucky to get to score a front row ride on it just before the park closed. The mine train was the best I've been on, a nice surprise. Pandemonium was identical any other Gerstlauer spinner...fun, but nothing to write home about. I tolerated Boomerang to pick up the credit, I found it to be surprisingly tolerable.

Of course, the big hit of the day was Iron Rattler. I expected it to be good, but I didn't expect it to be THAT good. I'm usually a front row rider, but only 3 of my rides were in the front (and it was only a station wait for the majority of the day). The other 15 were in the back. The airtime was unbelievable. That first drop was a jarring opening to the ride, but it was nothing compared to the last drop. That was the single greatest airtime moment I've ever experienced. That made the ride for me. I also enjoyed the Zero G Roll with only a lap bar. It was a perfect weightless moment. Even the hill into the brake run surprised me. That ride really tries to buck you off! Iron Rattler easily made it's way into my number 3 spot. Just incredible. To add to it, the operations were great. Unless guests did something dumb, they cranked trains out of there with no stacking. Sometimes, I had a hard time comprehending that I was actually at a Six Flags park.

I ended my day with an obscenely huge order of nachos at Chacho's (got the idea from the Good Eating Outside of Theme Parks thread). It was delicious. I'm glad I only got the medium, as the large could feed the entire city of San Antonio. I'd love to come back...we'll see if and when I do. I'm glad I got to go, and had a great time. You locals are very lucky to have such a great park in your backyard.

I'm starting to think here and Great adventure are the only and over Georgia are the only parks so far giving out hints for 2016.

What?

They did day in one of there clues from Mr Jeffery Sibert that one ride is getting an enchantment???, What ride could it be? I say Poly or Road runner or Fressbe.

Pandemonium seems like a good candidate to get a retheme. Joker, perhaps?