TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Media day is tomorrow morning. Really wish I could of taken the day off to go. I believe their filming commercials today. I'm really interested to hear some reviews and see how the trains spin with the different weight. I will be going Saturday for the Gold Pass preview. It going to be packed but it's better than Memorial weekend.

If all this stuff about it flipping differently on each side is true, I could definitely see them painting each track different colors, and calling it 2 FACE the ride. They could even go so far as to have the protective coverings between the wheel bogies and spoon arms created like giant silver dollars.

I'm going to SFFT for my first time Sunday. Super glad I'm going to get to ride Batman...I'm a Six Flags over Georgia gold level member, so it should work for the season pass preview hopefully. One question...The weather in Texas has been crappy this week with tornadoes and floods and whatnot...How is the Six Flags parks in Texas when it comes to weather? I've been to some parks if the wind accidently blows a flag (Cedar Point) they'll shut down rides like crazy, as where parks like Kings Island will run their rides in a lightning storm. Just curious how Six Flags Over Texas and Six Flags Fiesta Texas is about weather and shutting rides down. Thanks.

I'm going to SFFT for my first time Sunday. Super glad I'm going to get to ride Batman...I'm a Six Flags over Georgia gold level member, so it should work for the season pass preview hopefully. One question...The weather in Texas has been crappy this week with tornadoes and floods and whatnot...How is the Six Flags parks in Texas when it comes to weather? I've been to some parks if the wind accidently blows a flag (Cedar Point) they'll shut down rides like crazy, as where parks like Kings Island will run their rides in a lightning storm. Just curious how Six Flags Over Texas and Six Flags Fiesta Texas is about weather and shutting rides down. Thanks.

Not sure about heavy rain but light rain won't shut rides down at SFFT.

I just rode IRat and SKC in light rain on Sunday

I have seen rides shut down due to high wind though.

If all this stuff about it flipping differently on each side is true, I could definitely see them painting each track different colors, and calling it 2 FACE the ride.

Now that you mention it, "Two-Face: The Flip Side" probably would have been so much more appropriate for this kind of ride.

Just saw a video posted on YouTube. Looks awesome. Posted the link. Hope that's ok.

Some flip more than others. I'm sure they'll be doing some more tweeking before the season pass preview. I heard from one of the media attendees that initially in some tests they were getting as many as 12 flips before they started tweeking the magnetic fins.

Edited by robbalvey

Wait in 45 minute line, Spin & Puke! Gag! Spin & Puke! Sit in the "station approach" area with puke all over yourself (and the person next to you) while you wait to have restraints released! Yay!

Fixed!

Wow that looks like a ton of fun. I'd certainly welcome one at Great Adventure.

Question for those who have ridden: how does it compare to a Zacspin?

Edited by Genx24

Honestly, I was OK with the idea GreatAdv (potentially) getting one until I saw that video.

I don't know, it looks like a puke machine. LOL

You guys enjoy, I'll be over on El Toro.

Wait in 45 minute line, Spin & Puke! Gag! Spin & Puke! Sit in the "station approach" area with puke all over yourself (and the person next to you) while you wait to have restraints released! Yay!

Fixed!

Lol... Sounds like the flatrides at the local carnival that set up here this week!

In all seriousness though. this ride looks like a blast! Hoping these S&S zacspins catch on. They seem a lot better than the intamin versions (and a lot cheaper too, at least from what I've hear... could be way off on that one).

As a side note, does anybody know if the designers from RMC had a hand in building this coaster? I seem to remember hearing something about that a little while ago, and the track looks similar to RMC's stuff as well.

Just came back from media day. Got 4 rides in today. Definitely way better than Green Lantern at SFMM. The restraints are really comfortable. The ride is forceful and intense but not in a painful way. Seats on the back of the train are more intense than the ones in front of the train. I got multiple spins on every ride. The ride was not nauseating. It was a very wet but fun day. The queue has a very nice holographic display of the ride vehicle.